What's new

Pakistan Tests Upgraded Shaheen-1A Missile

how come a single missile have two name..hatf-IV & Shaheen IIIA...somewhere its quoting they tested Shaahen I , and somewhere Hatf I...its too confusing yar..are they just trying keep up moral of nation by firing any random missile from the stockpile.

I personaly say its not needed..India knows u guys have these missile..and agni v is not aimed to pakistan..its $600 million missile..too costly for pakistan....:woot:

anyway congratulation for your successful missile dreal...i guess this in response to Indian Army dreal which is currently going on in Thar Desert,:sniper:

Dude you guys were testing your Agni-I for 20 years, so ease up on your kahani about motivations. It's TEST, it is to test the missile.

Also this is Shaheen 1A

Yeah...nothing wrong in improving on missile parameters.

But that person must be sued who said it will be a "long range" missile test.

Pakistan successfully test fires Hatf 4 Shaheen-I Alpha missile
By Mudasser Aziz - Apr 25th, 2012Islamabad: Pakistan on Wednesday successfully test-fired a medium-range ballistic missile Hatf-4 Shaheen-1 Alpha, the Inter Services Public Relation (ISPR) said.

The ISPR said that the Strategic Missile Group had launched the Shaheen-1 Alpha missile on Wednesday from an undisclosed location while its target was in sea.

“The scientists have improved the range and technical parameters of the missile while it is also capable of carrying nuclear warhead,” the ISPR said.

It may be recalled that the Shaheen-1 Ballistic Missile System, with a range of 700 kms, is an operationalised weapon system held by the ASFC and is routinely fired during training exercises by the troops of the ASFC.

The missile test was aimed at a target at sea. The ISPR said the new design implemented "improvements in range and technical parameters". General Khalid Kidwai, the director general of the Pakistan army's Strategic Plans Division, witnessed the test, saying "the improved version of Shaheen 1A will further consolidate and strengthen Pakistan's deterrence abilities", according to the ISPR statement.

President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani have also congratulated the scientists on successful launch of the missile.

surprised to see many bein disappointed that Pakistan have not test fired a LRBM, friends, please.
we DO NOT NEED a long range missiles to answer INDIA as all there land is already in range of our missiles. so kindly just clear your thoughts on this that the answer to Agni-IV is NOT a shaheen III!

regardsing this reported test, it is good that we are still working on our operational missiles, thriving to improve there flight parameters, improving the accuracy and just confirming to the enemy, that hey, we dont need to spend 600 million US to come for you, this is what we need to answer you, and this is deadly accurate!

good job, congrats to pakistani scinetists and all of you!

regards!

Who knows... Everything doesnt have to be disclosed.
Maybe we have tested Ghauri 3, Shaheen 3 or Tipu missile in the past...

As long as its in Indian range we should have no problem with that... :woot:

It has to be.. as per bilateral treaty signed between India and Pakistan..All ballistic missile test have to be declared in advance by each country.
On top it, missile launches can be tracked by satellites in low earth orbits and its launch flare is even picked satellites in higher orbits...so if Pakistan launched a missile..some one definitely get to know.

so much talk yesterday about long range missile by both medias (Indian and Pakistani) u came up with a already tested missile yaa with few upgrades, now u feel dissapointed. this missile can't come in Indian ocean itself and u say pussycat India I would say ur burning.

Why we are burning for what reasons ??? you whole country already in our range and about both side media .... i think you don't know about MEDIA and their Hype. Give the source where any General, Army Officer, Military or Govt Official talk about "Long Range Missile" same like "WE are ready for two front war" ? lolz

You can't do anything against Pakistan simple we saw what you did after 26/11. The problem for us is USA. USA using you for her objective and you are apni maan kar mano wala game with US. Just > US to put pressure on Pakistan that's it. That's what you first and last policy lol hope you get it now! or still bollywood style .. WE ARE SUPAAAAAAA power lol

PA knows no one would go ooh aahh on an old tested Missile, they are testing as part of a routine process. Let's not make theories just like that. But yes, Shaheen III and above ranged missile is due on them.

He should be sued for letting of rumors.
Indian media created hype in the first place, Pakistanis didn't even knew about it, go on and sue your media

Yeah...nothing wrong in improving on missile parameters.

But that person must be sued who said it will be a "long range" missile test.

All of Indian media? Notice how they didn't quote a single person's name.

so much talk yesterday about long range missile by both medias (Indian and Pakistani) u came up with a already tested missile yaa with few upgrades, now u feel dissapointed. this missile can't come in Indian ocean itself and u say pussycat India I would say ur burning.

Errr 2-3 Pakistani outlets re-hashed the Indian articles, all the hype was from India. I think you are trolling.

All of Indian media? Notice how they didn't quote a single person's name.

But its strange as to how this news first came in Indian media rather than Pakistan media.

We have big time moles in your weapons establishment. :lol:

Indian media created hype in the first place, Pakistanis didn't even knew about it, go on and sue your media

Only some second tier news sources...Indian mainstream did not report any such thing.

Initially our missiles were using INS and GPS for guidance however PA is has switched from GPS to our own satellite which was launched by china. I think the new parameters and conditions are to endorse that.

Back
Top Bottom