What's new

Pakistan Tests Upgraded Shaheen-1A Missile

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan has successfully test-fired long-range Hatf IV (Shaheen 1A) ballistic missile in the Indian Ocean, Geo News reported Wednesday.

According to Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), the missile’s range and technical parameters have been improved while it is capable of carrying nuclear warhead.

Pakistan has tested the long-range missile just a week after India test fired its first Inter-continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Agni V on April 18.

Pakistan successfully test-fires nuclear capable Hatf IV - geo.tv

This is interesting. The news says the testing was done in Indian Ocean. Information from other news is that the missile range is only 700Kms. Indian ocean is thousands of Kms. from Pakistan mainland. So, does this mean that the missile was ship launched in the Indian ocean? Does anyone know the launch point and impact points of the missile?

But its strange as to how this news first came in Indian media rather than Pakistan media.

We have big time moles in your weapons establishment. :lol:

Errr no. A Shaheen I test got no attention in Pakistan and Pakistan must have only informed India as per our missile testing treaty that we are going to conduct a Ballistic missile test, not specifying which one. You know how Indian rumor mill works, they make baat ka bhatangar. Remember that kid who fell in a man hole? Prince? India was paralyzed for several days till the kid got out.

The fault starts with India, ends with India.

Initially our missiles were using INS and GPS for guidance however PA is has switched from GPS to our own satellite which was launched by china. I think the new parameters and conditions are to endorse that.
Pakistani navigation system!!!!!! A technology which even China is still developing!

Errr no. A Shaheen I test got no attention in Pakistan and Pakistan must have only informed India as per our missile testing treaty that we are going to conduct a Ballistic missile test, not specifying which one. You know how Indian rumor mill works, they make baat ka bhatangar. Remember that kid who fell in a man hole? Prince? India was paralyzed for several days till the kid got out.

The fault starts with India, ends with India.

So you saying Indian defence ministry, who was informed by Pakistan, leaked this news to Indian media and they put their own masala and published it? :lol:

You don't understand the logic. Regular tests are needed, every country does, India name is end user trial, remember few months ago India tested Prithvi-I?

We all know (Including you) Most of the Pkaistani missiles are Korean or chinese, Many of them are taken off-shelf. Taken is working condition and tested. That was phase I. Latter they assembled in Pak.

Phase II of Pakistani Missile: Now Pakistani have mastered some missiles, They are making there own missile (There is difference btwn making and assembling). So the phase 2 missiles are true Pakistani missieles. And now Pakistan need to test these missiles. :)

Phase III: After Pakistani master it, they will start innovation, I think phase 3 will start in next decade.

This is how development work... Even India did the similar thing, First we buy/borrowed tech from others, later we mastered those tech,

Hi, I am not going to turn this into an India vrs Pakistan thing. But, Mr. Black Widow other than your prejudiced view of Pakistan, what evidence do you have? Yes, I know most Indians always say that Pakistan cannot build anything. But, have you ever visited a university in Pakistan. Have you ever toured any defence production facilities in Pakistan?

I toured the tank rebuilding building plant in Taxila back in 1999. Given my arrogant view, from having grown up in the West, I was very pleasantly surprised at the innovation, technology, and actual inhouse production being done in Pakistan. I changed my point of view right then.

Making ignorant statements like yours are just childish and have no merit. I have read many books on the so called illegal nuclear and missile exports to Pakistan. Yes, in the late 80s and 90s, when Pakistan was getting started, they did buy a lot of missile technology production and solid fuel technology overseas, from China and Korea. However, most of that is in house now. In the 90s you would hear of sanctions on Pakistani firms for missile technology on a regular basis, however those have died down in the past few years.

Kindly please do not make any ignorant blanket statement in the future.

This is interesting. The news says the testing was done in Indian Ocean. Information from other news is that the missile range is only 700Kms. Indian ocean is thousands of Kms. from Pakistan mainland. So, does this mean that the missile was ship launched in the Indian ocean? Does anyone know the launch point and impact points of the missile?

Missile tests are usually conducted in Somniani, its just convenient to point towards the Indian Ocean and shoot.

Officially speaking the Arabian sea is a part of the Indian ocean, oceanic division.

Indian Ocean - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Look at the image highlighting the Indian ocean.

Initially our missiles were using INS and GPS for guidance however PA is has switched from GPS to our own satellite which was launched by china. I think the new parameters and conditions are to endorse that.

Isn't Paksat-1R a telecommunications satellite in Geosynchronous orbit of 36,000Kms. above earth? How can it a single telecom sat help in navigation?

Rawalpindi - April 25, 2012:
Pakistan today successfully conducted the launch of the intermediate Range Ballistic Missile Hatf IV Shaheen-1A Weapon System. The missile is an improved version of Shaheen-1 with improvements in range and technical parameters. It is capable of carrying nuclear and conventional warheads.
Today’s launch, whose impact point was at sea, was witnessed by Director General Strategic Plans Division Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R), Chairman NESCOM Mr Muhammad Irfan Burney, Commander Army Strategic Force Command Lieutenant General Tariq Nadeem Gilani and other senior military officers, scientists and engineers.
DG SPD Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R) congratulated all scientists and engineers on the successful launch, and the accuracy of the missile in reaching the target. He said that the improved version of Shaheen 1A will further consolidate and strengthen Pakistan’s deterrence abilities. He appreciated the efforts of all personnel for their dedication and professionalism.

Leaked it? No. Probably informed them properly. Indian media went nuts with it.

Such news cannot be given out to the media. There is a gag on it.

Its either leaked or there are moles somewhere.

Dont you find it strange that no Indian mainstream media reported it, only some second/third tier media did it ?

Rawalpindi - April 25, 2012:
Pakistan today successfully conducted the launch of the intermediate Range Ballistic Missile Hatf IV Shaheen-1A Weapon System. The missile is an improved version of Shaheen-1 with improvements in range and technical parameters. It is capable of carrying nuclear and conventional warheads.
Today’s launch, whose impact point was at sea, was witnessed by Director General Strategic Plans Division Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R), Chairman NESCOM Mr Muhammad Irfan Burney, Commander Army Strategic Force Command Lieutenant General Tariq Nadeem Gilani and other senior military officers, scientists and engineers.
DG SPD Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R) congratulated all scientists and engineers on the successful launch, and the accuracy of the missile in reaching the target. He said that the improved version of Shaheen 1A will further consolidate and strengthen Pakistan’s deterrence abilities. He appreciated the efforts of all personnel for their dedication and professionalism.

Nescom?

Shaheen I & II is completely NDC, Shaheen III militarized version is NESCOM and SLV version is Suparco.

According to common knowledge

Hmmmmmm. Let the rumors begin :D

Will this thread would also share the same faith like many before i.e victim to Indian trolling which has begun to a full scale on this thread. Mods...Asim?

Back
Top Bottom