What's new

Pakistan Tests Upgraded Shaheen-1A Missile

Since last year! Pakistan has lowered its tendency to boast for the matters related to defence. This could well be a 3000 Km missile otherwise there was no need to fire it towards Indian Ocean.

Well! I am impressed with this approach if this is exactly the case. "Keep it quiet" is the way to move forward.

Guys, did manage to speak to an other officer in the ISPR.
The actual range is classified but he did say it's a long range missile, and didn't comment on my query, whether this was a one of a kind or a series of tests. In any case, i should be able to post the picture of the missile soon.

zarvan brother please wake up!! SAUDI will NEVER fight ISRAEL because both are american pets! and even if they fight you think uncle America will let pakistan bring its missiles to the party???

Saudi is more concerned about IRAN rather than Israel!

in OUR LIFE TIME WE WILL NEVER SEE SAUDI FIGHT THE ISRAELIS!! NOR WILL WE SEE PAKISTANIS EVER EVEN FUELING A MISSILE TO BE FIRED AT TEL AVIV! israel is an arab concern just like india is our concern and not an arab concern!
Sir you can't predict anything about that region specially after Arab Spring anything can happen other wise Arab Spring can even damage the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia Sir and with Israel and Jersulam involved their is to much stake anything happening to it can and Pakistan doing nothing or Israel attacking Holy Cities sir if Pakistan will do nothing than Pakistan it self will go in Civil War we will have to get involved and for my information we are getting involved already Pakistan Missiles are already placed in Saudi Arabia on some secret locations

The actual range is classified but he did say it's a long range missile, and didn't comment on my query, whether this was a one of a kind or a series of tests. In any case, i should be able to post the picture of the missile soon.
This is what I am saying first time in history ISPR is not telling its actual range if it is even less than 1500 KM ISPR wouldn't have any problem telling it It is far more than that that is why ISPR is hiding the news or that is why they have named it Shaheen 1 Alpha just to confuse people and International society something is fishy around here

(Reuters) - Pakistan successfully test-fired a nuclear-capable ballistic missile on Wednesday, the military said, less than a week after rival India tested a missile capable of delivering nuclear warheads as far as Beijing and Eastern Europe.

Pakistan's Shaheen-1A is an intermediate range ballistic missile, capable of reaching targets in India. Military officials declined to specify the range of the missile.

The missile's impact point was in the Indian Ocean.

India and Pakistan have fought three full-scale wars since they were carved out of British India in 1947. They conduct missile tests regularly and inform each other in advance.

Pakistan conducted nuclear tests in May 1998, shortly after India conducted similar tests.

U.S. intelligence estimates last year put the number of nuclear weapons deployed by Pakistan at 90 to 110. Analysts say the strategic U.S. ally's nuclear arsenal is the fastest growing in the world.

Pakistan, like neighboring India, is not a signatory to the nuclear non-proliferation treaty (NPT).

3195.jpg

Successful conduct of the launch of the intermediate Range Ballistic Missile Hatf IV Shaheen-1A Weapon System today. (25-04-2012) – Photo ISPR

This is what i am expecting. Congrats PAKISTAN :victory: :pakistan:

It is naive to think that it would be possible to fool the interested parties (read USA/ India) of the actual missile capabilities by misreporting actual range of the weapons. Any missile needs to be tested for its maximum range in order for it to be qualified for use. So if it was actually a long range missile but tested over a shorter range, it doesn't make any difference. Moreover, it would be naive to think that the powers that be will not have a few surveillance satellites and radars looking at the launch. With the number of Aegis ships that US has in the area, I am sure they have a pretty good idea as to what the actual missile range is based on tracked ballistics. Long range missiles require major improvements in materials and navigational capabilities in order to have adequate accuracy and ability to withstand re-entry effects on the RV. I would assume that the missile probably features a few design changes from the original (maybe a maneuvering RV) but without additional information, it is premature for us to make comments on its range and capabilities. Another indication of possible range can be identified from the international maritime alert depending on the area sanitized for the launch. Though it is easier to fool people there by alerting a much larger zone than required.

Anyways, congrats to Pakistan on the test. Hope our guys got enough info to improve on our BMD algos.

poit to be noted here as ISPR said "its an Intermediate range" it means its range should be around 3000Kms, other wise there is no reason to fire towards the sea.

This is what I am saying first time in history ISPR is not telling its actual range if it is even less than 1500 KM ISPR wouldn't have any problem telling it It is far more than that that is why ISPR is hiding the news or that is why they have named it Shaheen 1 Alpha just to confuse people and International society something is fishy around here

Strategic ambiguity requires that you let the opponent keep on guessing what are the motives of your move. Reminds me of General Zia-ul-Haq's whisper in the ears of Rajiv Gandhi.

Well, ISPR says, it's a Intermediate Ballistic Missile, so now you guys can speculate about the range.

No PR98/2012-ISPR Dated: April 25, 2012

Rawalpindi - April 25, 2012:

Pakistan today successfully conducted the launch of the intermediate Range Ballistic Missile Hatf IV Shaheen-1A Weapon System. The missile is an improved version of Shaheen-1 with improvements in range and technical parameters. It is capable of carrying nuclear and conventional warheads.

Today’s launch, whose impact point was at sea, was witnessed by Director General Strategic Plans Division Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R), Chairman NESCOM Mr Muhammad Irfan Burney, Commander Army Strategic Force Command Lieutenant General Tariq Nadeem Gilani and other senior military officers, scientists and engineers.

DG SPD Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R) congratulated all scientists and engineers on the successful launch, and the accuracy of the missile in reaching the target. He said that the improved version of Shaheen 1A will further consolidate and strengthen Pakistan’s deterrence abilities. He appreciated the efforts of all personnel for their dedication and professionalism.

Let's speculate something further. Intermediate means it has a range of 1400-1500 KM and Ghouri Missile has same range. So they may replace Liquid Fueled missile with an updated Shaheen 1-A

poit to be noted here as ISPR said "its an Intermediate range" it means its range should be around 3000Kms, other wise there is no reason to fire towards the sea.

So it should of landed on Pakistan then?

3195.jpg

Successful conduct of the launch of the intermediate Range Ballistic Missile Hatf IV Shaheen-1A Weapon System today. (25-04-2012) – Photo ISPR

Looks to small to be 4000km.

Congrats Pakistan on the missile test....

Israel and US would be more interested in this test than India.

So it should of landed on Pakistan then?

Looks to small to be 4000km.

He is confusing Intermediate with Intercontinental. Intermediate Missile means range of 1400-1600 Km

Let's speculate something further. Intermediate means it has a range of 1400-1500 KM and Ghouri Missile has same range. So they may replace Liquid Fueled missile with an updated Shaheen 1-A

intermediate missile have range of 3000-3500 km. thanks might be u r confusing it with medium range missile

He is confusing Intermediate with Intercontinental. Intermediate Missile means range of 1400-1600 Km

true ICBM have range of around 8000Km man

That is one of the weirdest thing that i have ever heard. I think you are running yourself a secret organization to monitor the rest of the worlds secret services :lol: . Pakistanis Missiles in a foreign soil is some fantasy story line that Pakistani Directors can use in their movie, we also had a movie of such a story line in the 1980's.
Vikram (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@ZARVAN, i think you need a physiatrist.

what ever he said he is right man

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom