What's new

Pakistan tests first locally-built helicopter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow so many trolls.. all in a bunch hating just cuz we just might have made or own small heli lolz what a shame hate is a really killer.

Wow so many trolls.. all in a bunch hating just cuz we just might have made or own small heli lolz what a shame hate is a really killer.

No it was not that..Before santro came in to the rescue of this thread with a good explanation of whats happening..nobody had a clue,as the news report posted by OP is flawed and incomplete.

Believe me.. this machine is nowhere as close to the best concepts..
Check out the carter copter..and others..
The problem is the exaggerated statements made by the designers in the excitement. I know the designer personally..
And know that craft inside out..
There is no fly by wire ...YET...they have plans around for it.. and will take at most a week..but what you saw flying in that video is all manual.

The achievement.. that is not taking the light..is the engine. we are no longer reliant on any foreign firms for it..
The biggest restriction to local UAV production was the engine.. since we are on the banned list for quite a few of their high power derivatives.. now
We locally made the top end of the rotary engine line. Which means that right now.. we have the powerplant for a predator class aircraft with us.
Moreover.. unlike the imported engines.. we can give extra support to the customers here..such as engine mounts...ASAP replacement..etc.
Also.. now the window is open for all people interested in light aircraft manufacturing.. to be able to get the powerplants they need.
University students interesting in making a large UAV.. the engine is here.
Aircraft enthusiast.. ? got plans for a plane.. can build the fuselage .need an engine.. buy it locally.

Need an engine for a car??
Rotary??..
made locally.. buy it.
THAT is the actual hidden achievement.

First of all Congratz...

It was a private efforts which led to this thing. Its just a start. And at cost of 1M dollor only. Infact 0.9 M dollor approx. If this thing gets few sales a lot of other Private companies will start investing in such projects too and we might start seeing much better things. I don't see any draw back in this thing. Its the first ever made in Pakistan so don't expect it to be something at par with apache.

Congratz Pakistan......Way to go.

So Santro sahab,
Do the designer guys really want to create heli for ambulances and security purposes?

Can this engine be used in the Burraq project instead of making another one?
Do they have any plans of designin body for this gyro?

well well This is not new thing Coz i remmber a guy from Naguman Shabqadar Charsadda make this kind of heli almost 12 to 14 years ago.And i saw him on my own eyes flying in the sky.The engine use in that heli was a car engine.But i think 6 or 7 years ago he got an accident when he was landing.The heli hit a power cable and he was died in that accident.

So Santro sahab,
Do the designer guys really want to create heli for ambulances and security purposes?

Can this engine be used in the Burraq project instead of making another one?
Do they have any plans of designin body for this gyro?

Paise chahiyein.. baichna hai.. so if tomorrow if meera wants one.. they will sell :P

Again..what you saw flying .. is a crude version of the actual idea.
The actual idea was to create a CAS system for the Army..
which would have been useful in Fata..
It can however be effective in the modern battlefield.. as it has a low IR signature.and unlike a helicopter.. a large autogyro is not dead if it loses its engine..or a tail rotor..but something this size.. a hit from a MANPAd and its blown to bits.
Still.. the maker is a bit too excited.. about the wrong thing.. but I suppose who cares about the engine.. not the public anyway.

I guess, whatever good effort. People will laugh when you first develop, will troll when you delay its flight, will joke when it fails and will appreciate when inducted.

Even though India developed Dhruv, Pakistani (some did) has not appreciated it. Its usually two way. Until you respect others, don't think of getting respect from opposite.

But ya, congrats to those engineers. Its really hard time in Pakistan and even a single achievement should be appreciated when person like 10 percent is on hot seat.

Lol. Would not it have been better if Zardari could have flied this choper ?

Given what we see of Pakistan's first attempt at building a "helicopter", I seriously doubt the Chinese would welcome Pakistan involvement with the Z-9!!!!

This "helicopter" demonstrates the true level of Pakistan's capabilities

Hey indian troll.... its made by 2 civilians using local resources.
Govt sector wasnt involved.

Pakistan can make a nuclear missiles, but cannot make a helicopter.
Coz they never tried.
Pakistan can make the JF17, but cannot even make an automobile.
We do make cars and jeeps (Adam,revo etc etc) and motorcycles(Ravi,sohrab,metro etc etc),buses,trucks and specialized vehicles....... 80% market is held by them......Tractors like ghazi,millat and then we have companies tht have taken manufacture vehicles under license (the list is quiet large)

Get some knowledge.
What this means is, the Nuclear missiles and JF17 Pakistan has was only possible because of outside help.

Get a life.

If Pakistan had to rely 100% on their own resources and abilities, they'd have projects as primitive and sad as this "helicopter" experiment. Very sad demonstration. I feel sorry for the Pakistanis.

Lol indian troll using american flags and lyin abt stuff he doesnt know?I feel sorry for ur kind.:tdown:

Last edited:
Strictly speaking this is not a helicopter but a gyro copter. Good first step.

Thread exists for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom