What's new

Pakistan terms US decision to sell air defence weapon system to India disturbing: ET

True but you have to remember, Pakistan pm on multiple occasions took initiative of peace with India which was rejected by India. And instead India attacked Pakistan and thrashed multiple agreements and officially occupied Kashmir.

That is the main reason to buy more arms. After Kashmir officially occupied India needs to beef up its security

It seems that all these condemnations of the Indian purchase of Air defence systems in the past days by our FO seems to be a buildup for our "Next Big Purchase" in justification of our defence in the coming days!
Sorry to disappoint you , but I don't think so.

Think I read a news report that US is planning to offer F-15EX to India. If that is the case then we need to buy whichever 5th Gen fighter is available to us ASAP (most like FC-31). Since F-15EX is far above and beyond any jet we have in our arsenal as well as any that India also has currently (including Rafale).
The strange thing is that the US is selling/offering India weapons that India can already source from alternative sources, including its own industry.

So, for example, it's MR-SAM is about as modern and capable as you could acquire, the US NRSAM is just a strange purchase. Likewise for the F-15EX when they have 270 MKIs, or even 36 Rafales in the bag. And a F-15EX purchase would take away from additional Rafales (and I think LCAs too).

These purchases will make India militarily stronger, sure, but the capability growth was coming their way regardless, it's just now the US is taking advantage of it.

As for us, sadly, no response to that scale is coming. I can see us doing a panic order of a relatively underwhelming system that we should've gotten decades ago, like the FD-2000 (similar to the $500 m-plus we dropped on the HQ-16, an older SARH-based SAM design).

The solution for us was (besides working on our economy) proactively developing our own solutions, not panic-buying "mature" off-the-shelf stuff (while failing to solve the root issue).

Even if we were restricted to just collaborating with China, we should've gone that route and co-funded some of their work for the sake of building our own base up.

so we are gonna see more of these condemnation tweets in the coming days coz our neighbour is in shopping mood.tomorrow message for purchase of Seahawk helicopters maybe

Think I read a news report that US is planning to offer F-15EX to India. If that is the case then we need to buy whichever 5th Gen fighter is available to us ASAP (most like FC-31). Since F-15EX is far above and beyond any jet we have in our arsenal as well as any that India also has currently (including Rafale).

F-15 is not that much better than the F-16. Obviously the EX would be compared to our Block-52's.

Rafael is stronger than the F-15EX.

F-15 is not that much better than the F-16. Obviously the EX would be compared to our Block-52's.

Bhai not a single F-15 has ever been shot down. It has a track record of 104 kills to zero losses. I think you are seriously underestimating the capabilities of F-15.

MKI and Others can be a joke but F-15 isn’t one !!!

Pair it up with 8-12 AIM-120D, and an average pilot, it can destroy a whole adversary squadron in air.

MKI and Others can be a joke but F-15 isn’t one !!!

Pair it up with 8-12 AIM-120D, and an average pilot, it can destroy a whole adversary squadron in air.
The RCS on the strike eagle is larger than the viper, try getting a quicker lock first. The rafael's rcs is also small and with the latest EW it is even harder to get a lock on, this abililty combined with the meteor missile is deadly

Bhai not a single F-15 has ever been shot down. It has a track record of 104 kills to zero losses. I think you are seriously underestimating the capabilities of F-15.

Don't underestimate the F-16, it was made to complement the F-15 in combat. Overtime they started adding a lot of F-15 capabilities in the F-16, making it a serious fighter and threat to the F-15.

The RCS on the strike eagle is larger than the viper, try getting a quicker lock first. The rafael's rcs is also small and with the latest EW it is even harder to get a lock on, this abililty combined with the meteor missile is deadly

Don't underestimate the F-16, it was made to complement the F-15 in combat. Overtime they started adding a lot of F-15 capabilities in the F-16, making it a serious fighter and threat to the F-15.
RCS is not the concern, there is a very high chance that PAF and IAF might engage in a WVR combat, how do you plan to counter that ? JHCMS, Advanced HOB missiles of USA, F-15s will be complimented by more F-15s as well as Rafale and possibly MKIs, do you know how serious a threat it is ? And if F-15 takes place and yet we keep on blabbering about Block 3 then congrats to our acceptance of Suicides. If F-15 happens, We must as an emergency procure J-20s and J-10s. That is the only reasonable counter to IAF. Block 3 is no doubt a very promising fighter but the threat of the trio of MKIs, Eagles and Rafales is too much for the new one to handle.

The strange thing is that the US is selling/offering India weapons that India can already source from alternative sources, including its own industry.

So, for example, it's MR-SAM is about as modern and capable as you could acquire, the US NRSAM is just a strange purchase. Likewise for the F-15EX when they have 270 MKIs, or even 36 Rafales in the bag. And a F-15EX purchase would take away from additional Rafales (and I think LCAs too).

These purchases will make India militarily stronger, sure, but the capability growth was coming their way regardless, it's just now the US is taking advantage of it.

As for us, sadly, no response to that scale is coming. I can see us doing a panic order of a relatively underwhelming system that we should've gotten decades ago, like the FD-2000 (similar to the $500 m-plus we dropped on the HQ-16, an older SARH-based SAM design).

The solution for us was (besides working on our economy) proactively developing our own solutions, not panic-buying "mature" off-the-shelf stuff (while failing to solve the root issue).

Even if we were restricted to just collaborating with China, we should've gone that route and co-funded some of their work for the sake of building our own base up.
I have this strange but weak theory, built on the basis of rumours.

Some member here suggested a few days ago that Usa actually offered us F-15 during PM visit to USA in july (june or whatever).

But there were some serious conditions which led to us ignoring the deals completely. This offer could be a political move to drag us back to tables to compromise CPEC, Afg Peace talks and pressurize us into actually buying F-15 against Rafales. There is no doubt that if India actually gets F-15, a whole other level panic will be created. However, I believe that it is impossible that India will buy these Eagles, they already have huge fleet of Dual Engine MKIs and also going the Rafale route.
MRCA tender was for medium weight, single engine preferred fighters. F-15 doesn’t fit in, but one can also consider what a deal of just 30-40 F-15s initially can provide to india in terms of technology as well as in longer terms the support to integrate future weapons of USA which are always promising

Back
Top Bottom