What's new

Pakistan takes deliveries of 3 SAAB-2000 Aircraft

ERIEYE ER Some important data - how it is diffrent form Legacy Erieye System

"Erieye ER design, which uses an AESA antenna design operating in the S-band frequency that utilises GaN technology and adaptive waveform generation. The result is a radar that provides very long-range detection against difficult to discern targets with very fast detection rates and the ability to handle numerous contacts."
GaN.jpg

saab-2000-in-paf-as-of-10-03-2019-jpg.545550

Credits: @HRK
Someone will be shocked in regard to additional frames we received. Also, the up-gradation done in Erieye standards so, except for the one as you mentioned for "Boots" we have a good fleet number. Members can count.
Pic is not visible?

Good evidence, this is clear that the three planes do have three corresponding AWACS systems to be fitted on (see first note on order).
That makes the fleet 6, excluding the Chinese AWACS planes.

Yes see my post and the evidence that another member posted.

Nope they are with radar and the order clearly highlights that. These are new AWACS equipped planes.
But you're right about lift capability, the C-130's are old, sat with crew in one last year.
We did the digging.

Basically, the PAF definitely restored its Erieye fleet to 4 aircraft, no dispute on that now as the Swedish government itself confirmed it by reporting the sale of 1 Erieye system to Pakistan in 2018.

The confusion is about the 2 follow-on Erieye AEW&C the PAF reportedly ordered (as per Alan Warnes & AFM) in 2017. Sweden didn't say anything about those, but the EXIM registries show big 'radar equipment' deliveries in April 2018 and April 2019. The last time shipments as big as those occurred were in 2017 when, apparently, the PAF had restored the 4th Erieye AEW&C.

You also have a situation where money is tight, so maybe the program didn't go as quickly as hoped, and the fact that the PAF only got 3 additional Saab 2000s relatively recently.

Any chance these 3 will be coming with Global Erieye system ? I guess few years back Saab was promoting their new radar and EW system and as PAF is one of their customer i won't be surprised if they offer something to PAF ? @Khafee @A.P. Richelieu ?

C´mon guys - i know the big need for information, i´m addicted to it as well.

BUT shouldn´t we just accept that PAF has Awacs and they have enough of them?

Brothers,

As of Now, this is how it stands:
3 Erieye from the Original 4
3 Erieye ER
3 ZDK

9 Total

This one belongs to boots, so no comment
View attachment 553534

@The Eagle @waz @Tps43 @HRK @CHACHA"G" @Hammad ur Rehman @war&peace @Taimur Khurram @Taha Samad @Dazzler @Gillani88 @aliyusuf @balixd @PakSword @SSGcommandoPAK @aziqbal
Kindly Note
Someone (our neighbor) asked here whether they are fitted with radars and I said the new three Saabs are for PIA quetta Lahore operations... :lol::lol::lol::lol: and he believed me.... Lolll

Back
Top Bottom