What's new

Pakistan takes deliveries of 3 SAAB-2000 Aircraft

So do we already have the Erieye ER/Global Eye? Or are about to acquire it? And are we going to use the standard Bombardier 6000 platform or Saab-2000 for it?

My understanding is that Saab will deliver the AWACS system in kit form, the Saab 2000 air-frames will be acquired from a third party and all fittings carried out by PAC in house saving loads of wonga ($$$). This is great but I feel we should have ordered the Globaleye system - this provides more capability including elint etc.
Yes instead of buying three should have bought two global eye to boost further technology to our airforce

I think these are the last of Sweden AWACS,now we will go for more Chinese Awacs instead in future,taking the total to 14-15.

won't be surprised if we build a reasonable size of fleet of this aircraft. is quite logical to have a versatile platform for various versions.
further its been more than a decade since we inducted these. I won't be surprised if we have developed a reasonable capabilities to developed or some should say assemble a AEW&C.

So do we already have the Erieye ER/Global Eye? Or are about to acquire it? And are we going to use the standard Bombardier 6000 platform or Saab-2000 for it?

Erieye ER is an S-band AESA radar, which is identical for both the Saab 2000, and Bombardier Global 6000.

In PAF's case it is mounted on the Saab 2000.
In the UAE's case it is mounted on a Bombardier Global6000, with an additional Leonardo Seaspray 7500E AESA radar under the fuselage, an elctro-optical system, as well as ELINT & SIGNT capabilities.

More on the Global Eye:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...he-uaes-saab-global-eye.545708/#post-11374037

Last edited:
ERIEYE ER Some important data - how it is diffrent form Legacy Erieye System

"Erieye ER design, which uses an AESA antenna design operating in the S-band frequency that utilises GaN technology and adaptive waveform generation. The result is a radar that provides very long-range detection against difficult to discern targets with very fast detection rates and the ability to handle numerous contacts."

Erieye ER is an S-band AESA radar, which is identical for both the Saab 2000, and Bombardier Global 6000.

In PAF's case it is mounted on the Saab 2000.
In the UAE's case it is mounted on a Bombardier Global6000, with an additional radar under the fuselage, an elctro-optical system, as well as ELINT & SIGNT capabilities.

saab-2000-in-paf-as-of-10-03-2019-jpg.545550

Credits: @HRK
Someone will be shocked in regard to additional frames we received. Also, the up-gradation done in Erieye standards so, except for the one as you mentioned for "Boots" we have a good fleet number. Members can count.

show us pic of 049 then
Bhai PAF itself has claimed all 4 restored. Two were damaged at KAMRA one totally destroyed one partially and both were recovered.
No.
1 is modified for VIP. 2 were made operational, and 1 was already operational & active.
All 4 are being used for AWACS. None was modified for VIP. VIP one is separate.

Back
Top Bottom