What's new

Pakistan Super League launched.

Great.but can we buy player at prices equivalent of IPL?even if half.players will always want to come

We must do what we can afford, there is no comparison between two leagues in term of sponsorships and resources.

Wishing great success of the PSL.:tup: But PAK should not get too drenched in T20s and destroys the skills of their players. Keep it at balanced levels & enhance focus on ODI & Test simultaneously as this is where the real art & spirit of cricket lies. Set an example to the cricketing world undergoing T20 mania. :)

Congrats2.png

Pakistan Cricket News: Pakistan T20 League not to be underestimated - Haroon Lorgat | ESPN Cricinfo

Haroon Lorgat, the former ICC chief executive, has said the value of the upcoming Pakistan Super League (PSL), Pakistan's franchise-based Twenty20 competition, could be in "excess of $100 million". Lorgat, who was involved by the PCB to assist the board in setting up the league, was speaking during a PCB ceremony in Lahore to unveil the logo for the PSL which is scheduled to be launched on March 26 this year.

"People should not underestimate the potential of the Twenty20 league in Pakistan," Lorgat said. "With the rising popularity of T20 cricket, every ICC member country has the right to host its own professional league. Pakistan has done hardwork and I hope with foreign players' participation, perceptions about the country will change. I can see a lot of work has been done in parallel against many odds, but certainly this league will be come into reality shortly."

The PCB announced that each team in the PSL would be allowed to sign a maximum of six overseas players and would include 10 local cricketers plus two emerging players.

The tournament would be played over 15 days between five teams and would involve a total of 23 matches for the first three years. The matches will be played at a single venue, with teams playing each other twice in a league format before the top four teams qualify for semi-finals. The PCB has ambitious plans to expand the league in the fourth year to eight teams and a 59-match tournament.

Although the names of the region/city-based franchises or the list of companies interested in buying these franchises were not revealed, the PCB is hopeful of completing the franchise-auction process and signing a broadcast deal before the end of February.

"A lot of hard work has been put in place to develop the PSL," Zaka Ashraf, the PCB chairman said. "The objective is to recognise the growth of T20 cricket around the world, encourage our cricketers and give them the exposure to the grass-root talent in the country. It will also provide opportunity to foreign players to compete in Pakistan."

Very nice step forward, it will improve quality of cricket, good entertainment for local fans and opportunity for local talent to shine and probe themselves
We need to make it attractive, nice pitctches, good atmosphere, house full crowed than ballay ballay

Very nice step forward, it will improve quality of cricket, good entertainment for local fans and opportunity for local talent to shine and probe themselves
We need to make it attractive, nice pitctches, good atmosphere, house full crowed than ballay ballay

I agree that its a step forward and much needed to redeem pakistan's image. You do not need such leagues for improving quality of cricket , you already have a domestic T20 structure to address that.

Such Leagues (including IPL) are money spinners for board's for one primary reason -- Foreign Players. Thats what drives Fan's to watch them. So, What PSL would also need is quality foreign players to participate. Without which, you will still survive, but big money wont pour in.

None the less, best wishes. Your journey has started. Do your best, with what you have.

No team from Peshawar and no match in Peshawar... to hell with you PCB.

If the league WILL BE worth 100 million+ (again, this is an if - at this point this is speculation) with 5 teams, then the average value of eac 20 million+. You'll easily see several players get $1m+ contracts. Players such as Ajmal, Afridi (even though I wish he wouldn't, but that's capitalism for you), Umar Akmal, Hafeez, Umar Gul etc should fetch 1m+.

i heard Bomb blast in pakistan killed over 100 people and injured far more (yesterday).... Is it true? Any impact on PSL? if u say 'NO' than it will be hard to believe....

i heard Bomb blast in pakistan killed over 100 people and injured far more (yesterday).... Is it true? Any impact on PSL? if u say 'NO' than it will be hard to believe....

you shouldnt be concerned, should you? oh wait you didnt want to loose a chance to nail it ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom