What's new

Pakistan suffers reverses in offensive against militants

Another sonic boom article about PA by our prestigious member who just like western journalists finds article which in one way or another tell us about the corrupt, ineffective, inefficient Pakistan Army, without knowing about what they are writing or posting without knowing how fighting takes place or what is taking place. I believe the writer & poster of the article must be wondering after watching the today's morning 8.00AM news that Kotkai is in PA hands & also the houses of Qari Hussain & Hakeem Ullah Mehsud are now not standing but leveled to the ground. But i guess if they come to know about it on time, how are they gonna write & post such stuff.

I hope they are now thinking that hey Azzam Tariq was lying as he just told us yesterday that we have beaten back the army & just hours later Kotkai falls. What a bunch of liars & losers.

And people like these who are thinking of Pakistan to become a war zone forget that the more they do attacks in cities the more chances of catching them or killing them arises specially after their base camp area the Mehsud territory would be no more to go to & hide , the recent capture of GHQ attackers head & a very important figure in Punjabi Taliban section, the capture of the head of Lahore TTP chapter, the head or amir of the Karachi TTP chapter, people linked to Lahore Attacks & many many others militants is a clear example of how they will be caught & killed with more activity they do exposing themselves.

Last edited:
Another sonic boom article about PA by our prestigious member who just like western journalists finds article which in one way or another tell us about the corrupt, ineffective, inefficient Pakistan Army, without knowing about what they are writing or posting without knowing how fighting takes place or what is taking place. I believe the writer & poster of the article must be wondering after watching the today's morning 8.00AM news that Kotkai is in PA hands & also the houses of Qari Hussain & Hakeem Ullah Mehsud are now not standing but leveled to the ground. But i guess if they come to know about it on time, how are they gonna write & post such stuff.

I hope they are now thinking that hey Azzam Tariq was lying as he just told us yesterday that we have beaten back the army & just hours later Kotkai falls. What a bunch of liars & losers.

the problem with such is that they dont want and cant see Pakistan succeeding in the WoT (however slowly and at great peril to its people).

frankly the army dosnt give 2 hoots to what the western media says and writes about them - they know they have the full support of the people of this country and at the end of the day this is what matters the most !!!

And people like these who are thinking of Pakistan to become a war zone forget that the more they do attacks in cities the more chances of catching them or killing them arises specially after their base camp area the Mehsud territory would be no more to go to & hide , the recent capture of GHQ attackers head & a very important figure in Punjabi Taliban section, the capture of the head of Lahore TTP chapter, the head or amir of the Karachi TTP chapter, people linked to Lahore Attacks & many many others militants is a clear example of how they will be caught & killed with more activity they do exposing themselves.

Sir, I am in agreement with you on this first part. The operations have just begun and the reporter has written the final chapter of the book. This is going to be a long haul for the PA and in many places they will have to take a strategic retreat, it could be due to overwhelming opposition holed up in secure areas or due to fear of hurting the civilian population.

But as I have mentioned that this is going to be along haul and in the 2nd stage the civilian administration will have to be involved to rehabilitate the displaced people and press the pace of developmental activities in the area.

frankly the army dosnt give 2 hoots to what the western media says and writes about them - they know they have the full support of the people of this country and at the end of the day this is what matters the most !!!

It should prove interesting watching the P.A. manage the news and shape the message.

I know that reporting the likes of Richard Engel of NBC, Sebastian Junger (Into the Valley of Death-Vanity Fair and ABC), or Martin Smith (Obama's War PBS) is not going to be forthcoming...

...just a steady stream of victory pronouncements from Rawapindi and the inexorable march to victory as described from afar and upon a very careful filtering.

OPSEC? Naw. Ain't a damned thing to do with that if the reporters were responsible and professional journalists. OTOH, if a certain female here with a J is any indication, though, it'll be a cold day in hell when the truth is delivered to Pakistanis from any battlefield but the one visible to their own naked eye.

It should prove interesting watching the P.A. manage the news and shape the message.

I know that reporting the likes of Richard Engel of NBC, Sebastian Junger (Into the Valley of Death-Vanity Fair and ABC), or Martin Smith (Obama's War PBS) is not going to be forthcoming...

...just a steady stream of victory pronouncements from Rawapindi and the inexorable march to victory as described from afar and upon a very careful filtering.

OPSEC? Naw. Ain't a damned thing to do with that if the reporters were responsible and professional journalists. OTOH, if a certain female here with a J is any indication, though, it'll be a cold day in hell when the truth is delivered to Pakistanis from any battlefield but the one visible to their own naked eye.

and that my friend is exactly the point - the doubting thomas's dont cease!!!

its easy to sit in their air-con rooms and state this and that and mostly negative - until they actually take the courage to step into the conflict zone and lo and behold "one sees the light at the end of the tunnel" OTOH, they have to sell newspapers and the news has to be "hot" to sell.

Swat/Malakand is cleared but people are still doubting the results!!!

K,

"...the doubting thomas's dont cease!!!"

Good reporters are imbued with a healthy dose of skepticism.

"...its easy to sit in their air-con rooms and state this and that and mostly negative..."

The best get the grit of battle under their fingernails and the smell of cordite in their nostrils. Will the best be given a chance to do so by the P.A.?

"...they actually take the courage to step into the conflict zone and lo and behold 'one sees the light at the end of the tunnel...'"

No lack of guys and women willing to do that in the west that I've seen but then your army doesn't "give 2 hoots to what the western media says and writes about them..."

Hard to say anything good or bad if you're not allowed to go downrange with the troops unless you're willing to go alone. A Pakistani reporter working for McClatchy (a VERY large and well-respected organization, btw) might have done just that. He sure as hell wasn't going to get an invite from Kiyani or that ISPR guy Abbas.

"...they have to sell newspapers and the news has to be "hot" to sell."

And Pakistani newpapers don't? If so, does their news have to be "hot" too? I bet "hot" to a Pakistani editor right now is news wrapped in the nat'l flag and nothing but.

Saves money too. All you have to do for that is attend the Five o'clock follies at ISPR- the good news network with all the news that's fit...

...for public consumption.

"Swat/Malakand is cleared but people are still doubting the results!!!"

Maybe this is why-

Car Bomb Kills 41 in Restive Region Of Pakistan-NYT Oct. 12, 2009

Isn't Shangla district actually in the valley?

You of all people should know that it isn't over till it's over. There's no "mission accomplished" photo op in COIN. You just wake up ten years from now and realize that you haven't heard of a bombing in over a year.

Anyway, not to digress but you could use some REAL reporters downrange with your troops. Good, bad, or indifferent, if your troops are on their game they can't help but look good even when the going is sh!tty.

JMHO.

Thanks.

I personally think Pakistan should go for embedded journalists. It is a great tool, sure operational security comes into play but ISPR could sort somthing out... Any takers?

"Any takers?"

Yup! Me. In a heartbeat.

Get me vetted, press pass and a TWO-way plane ticket and I'm there tomorrow.

I'll go as an independant in a minute as there'll be no problem getting picked up by half the west's media.

Piss on the helmet and flak-jacket. Just want a sleeping bag, #2 pencil and note-pad. AWESOME!

No sh!t.

"Any takers?"

Yup! Me. In a heartbeat.

I'll go as an independant in a minute as there'll be no problem getting picked up by half the west's media.

Piss on the helmet and flak-jacket. Just want a sleeping bag, #2 pencil and note-pad. AWESOME!

No sh!t.

On a lighter note, are you currently unemployed due to the recession? :lol:

the desire to go in a war zone shows courage however it would still be a another big liability on the PA front line battalion

No. I've real world issues tomorrow.

But I'd be no liability to any battalion down range and can take the time off. They'd be grateful to have an embedded journo who can call fire and run an FDC in a pinch.

"Any takers?"

Yup! Me. In a heartbeat.

No sh!t.

u are crazy dude:what:

fatman17

“”“And so we obviously are very supportive of what the Pakistanis are doing. But [still] it’s very early,” he said, adding the operation had “only been underway a few days”.””

“”and what makes u think they didnt - why is McCrystal coming and going to Isld - not to have a nice cuppa!!!””

You said you served the Army and resigned in protest against Zia. If you really served the Army, you are doing great disservice to your former Uniform with such views.

Waiting and gloating over US support for a minor policing operation against a few Kalashnikov wielding wild eyed guys!! Tomorrow our officials will be in queue to have the Reimbursable Invoices approved, that’s why McChrystal.

S-2:

Plane ticket to Peshawar is a reasonable request, but why do you want a journalist pass for? No one asks for any papers or badges in the area.

fatman17

“”“
You said you served the Army and resigned in protest against Zia. If you really served the Army, you are doing great disservice to your former Uniform with such views.

Waiting and gloating over US support for a minor policing operation against a few Kalashnikov wielding wild eyed guys!! Tomorrow our officials will be in queue to have the Reimbursable Invoices approved, that’s why McChrystal.

Javed,

Please do not make the mistake of calling these Talibans, :Kalashnikov wielding wild eyed guys: Neither they are few ( 10,000 to 15,000), they are battle hardened. PA had to abort two missions in the past.

If PA has to make a deal with the devil and in the process it saves the lives of brave soldiers and finishes off these WILD Eyed Guys at the earliest, then I am sure the good General Kayani will be the first to sign on.

"Any takers?"

Yup! Me. In a heartbeat.

No sh!t.

I am sure you will be keeping your editor busy with your field reports.:cheers:

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom