What's new

Pakistan Successfully Tested Babur 3 Cruise Missile launch from Submarine : ISPR

2nd strike capability achieved. Well done!

triad-web-aug13-updated.jpg

Now need ICBM to keep the two faced friends at bay.

I know where Arabian sea start. Indian ocean naval capability is proper blue water navy territory.

Another way to look at it, just like shaheen 3 was officially never one kilometer above stated 2750 km range, which we all know is complete bollocks, Babur has been reported 1500km+ range, which fits into stated Indian ocean launch.
no-country-jones-new-760-468x330.gif

Congratulations,

Finally, the first test launch of a missile, which Pakistani poster have been claiming, was tested in 2009 itself, based on some US objection to some modified harpoons.

I don't take anthing for granted. It was suggested by 'green bleeding' members that at least some Pak missile tests occurred in other countries. If so, then why would it not be a possibility that a foreign sub conducted the firing? I did not say that was the case, I inquired if that was a possibility, given the peculiar description 'underwater, mobile platform'.

I don't believe that some of our tests were conducted in some others countries. So nope I don't think there is any probability of what you were trying to say.

This is a stealth version not detectable by RADAR. That is why low range. There were two missile tests and I don't understand why was the other one not reported on media.

It is also invisible to naked eye, unless some one is wearing Green glasses.

Cruise missiles especially those which have to be fired from torpedo tubes of Submarine, make than less than ideal nuclear delivery platforms because of their.

1 ) Low range
2) Very limited warhead size and weight capacity.
3) Relatively Easier to intercept due to low speeds.

Cruise missiles especially those which have to be fired from torpedo tubes of Submarine, make than less than ideal nuclear delivery platforms because of their.

1 ) Low range

talk when you intercept one.....

1 ) Low range

This is stealth not visible on RADAR and have you ever hear a term sea skimming means Relatively very difficult to intercept. US ship in the bay of hormuz was also not able to detect it with RADAR as reported.
The limited war head size is a problem for India not for Pakistan and limited war head size is more difficult to achieve than the large war head size.

1 ) Low range

I wonder why the US has relied frequently on its slow moving easy to intercept cruise missiles to strike far away targets.

talk when you intercept one.....

That's is what Barak 1 and 2 anti missile systems have been doing, all these years.

India is now able to intercept high mach speeds, high trajectory Ballistic missiles in its ABM program.
Intercepting a subsonic cruise missile is relatively much easier.

Just a few weeks ago, a US destroyer intercepted and destroyed a sea skimming missile.

I wonder why the US has relied frequently on its slow moving easy to intercept cruise missiles to strike far away targets.

Because they are cheap and their intended targets has no air defenses, much less a missile defense in place.

Back
Top Bottom