What's new

Pakistan spreading propaganda about 1971 genocide: PM

We must support the Hon'ble PM Sheikh Hasina in this endeavor. We must also declare March 25 as Genocide day to draw attention the attempted Genocide in Bangladesh.
Not attempted but real genocide took place.I think if Bangladesh and India both start observing the day as a genocide day than a massive force will create and other country will follow rapidly.Indian govt. should seriously consider this.May be Bangladesh govt. need to discuss about it with Indian PM.

Why on Earth should we "protect" Bangladesh? So we can be subjected to more lectures on 1971 and demands for an "apology". How are we supposed to protect a small country that is surrounded by India on three sides, anyway? A country in which a large share of the population prefers India to Pakistan as well. We have so much to focus on our western border (Afghanistan) and on our eastern border too (Kashmir).

Why should we waste a single penny on these people? Better to focus on developing Pakistan, watching Afghanistan, and putting pressure on India in Kashmir. Whether Bangladesh sinks or swims is no concern of ours. We have nothing to do with it.

Because Bangladesh will get reality check very soon from India. That is why.

Personally, i could care less if Bangladesh gets into the mood of morality, but given their nation that is built on the race is not likely to last long with the influences handed over India. Bangladesh is in serious trouble.

And it is better for Pakistan if Pakistan gets involved. We saw Pakistan benefited from not getting involved in Afghanistan, and look where it got us. And it comes to the point that India is using Afghanistan as platform to undermine the stability of Pakistan. Nor Pakistan can afford to be selective in regards to Kashmir, Afghanistan and Bangladesh. If Pakistan has to get involved for Kashmir, then it is only fair Pakistan should play for all considering the source of problem is same; India. It is not about them anymore, rather it is about Pakistan.

Unfortunately, Pakistan is in the position where Pakistan will have to get involved to ensure India is no longer involved in Kashmir, Afghanistan and Bangladesh. It is either Pakistan or India, because if it is India, then Pakistan is in trouble too.

This has been said for how long now? SHW is enjoying mostly support from the majority of BD. As long as she continues to deliver reasonably on the economic, stability and security front (as perceived by BD people) compared to her predecessor, there will be no uprising or such action by BD awam.

You can ask majority of members here that actually live in BD.

Pakistan foreign affairs definitely has no reason to focus on BD. Don't need to cut relations with them all the way, but definitely conduct them only as much as absolutely needed. JF-17 to Myanmar is definitely a clear signal to BD elite....need not invest any more time and effort beyond that.

The government is sinking Bangladesh to the hole, and destroying its own economy to placate India's economy. Not to mention, the political party arresting everyone they see fit, and it becomes like blasphemy law for people who question the narrative of the political party in Bangladesh.

You might prefer rosey painted world, but the reality won't change nor would the situation in Bangladesh. Right now, it is minority making call for Bangladesh against the wills of majority in Bangladesh.

Pakistan foreign affair has no interest on Bangladesh, but what is happening in Bangladesh, and the very same awaam that revolted against Pakistan will be the one to bring Pakistan into the business to revolt against India. Because Bangladesh is now sinking ship thanks to the preference of India and its long term including its economical projects over Bangladesh.

Many projects had been disbanded at the time when the government used Pakistan as distraction to avoid people focusing on the internal problems. Sooner or later, the reality will surface, and people's patience can only stretched this far.

The government is sinking Bangladesh to the hole, and destroying its own economy to placate India's economy. Not to mention, the political party arresting everyone they see fit, and it becomes like blasphemy law for people who question the narrative of the political party in Bangladesh.

You might prefer rosey painted world, but the reality won't change nor would the situation in Bangladesh. Right now, it is minority making call for Bangladesh against the wills of majority in Bangladesh.

Pakistan foreign affair has no interest on Bangladesh, but what is happening in Bangladesh, and the very same awaam that revolted against Pakistan will be the one to bring Pakistan into the business to revolt against India. Because Bangladesh is now sinking ship thanks to the preference of India and its long term including its economical projects over Bangladesh.

Keep believing that. I may have several differences with BD community here over pretty much every issue (including SHW)....but general impression I got is that SHW is secure in her position and has the overall support and mandate from BD people (and it is backed by BD friends I know in real life).

Their economy through stability is their main issue and she is making sure that it is not upset. Even China has commited a massive amount of soft loans to her govt....so do they all (BD members here, Chinese govt) not know something that you do?

They (BAL) have polarised BD a bit more its true, but the polarisation prefers them in numbers overall esp with economy running decently. With the higher polarisation, of course they got to take action against political enemies...that has little to do with overall support they get from BD people....given there is clear evidence there are no mass scale riots and protests anymore.

So its best for Pakistan to sever all connection with this lost cause of trying to "get BD back" on your "side"...it is a doomed cause esp when you have far more important priorities.

Keep believing that. I may have several differences with BD community here over pretty much every issue (including SHW)....but general impression I got is that SHW is secure in her position and has the overall support and mandate from BD people (and it is backed by BD friends I know in real life).

Their economy through stability is their main issue and she is making sure that it is not upset. Even China has commited a massive amount of soft loans to her govt....so do they all (BD members here, Chinese govt) not know something that you do?

They (BAL) have polarised BD a bit more its true, but the polarisation prefers them in numbers overall esp with economy running decently. With the higher polarisation, of course they got to take action against political enemies...that has little to do with overall support they get from BD people....given there is clear evidence there are no mass scale riots and protests anymore.

So its best for Pakistan to sever all connection with this lost cause of trying to "get BD back" on your "side"...it is a doomed cause esp when you have far more important priorities.

Are you done with your fantasy? If you haven't understood my points earlier, then let me repeat in the shortest possible way you can understand.

Pakistan doesn't have to do anything. It will be very same Bangladeshi awaan that will be doing most of works exposing the government and India. :D

Are you done with your fantasy? If you haven't understood my points earlier, then let me repeat in the shortest possible way you can understand.

Pakistan doesn't have to do anything. It will be very same Bangladeshi awaan that will be doing most of works exposing the government and India. :D

Like I said, no evidence of that so far overall. Have you looked at the way they launch Indian bikes in BD?

What mass protests have taken place against the BD govt in the last year or two? Why would BD awaam rise up if they growing their economy, getting jobs and have a stable security situation?

Everyone was saying the 1st year and two of anti-BAL protests (after SHW took power) would increase and increase till tipping point was reached. It has been exactly in the opposite direction. Point me to something that shows evidence otherwise. If you don't like to believe what BD members here are telling you about the reality and still cling to some desperate notion of "wait and you will see" with no evidence...go ahead....just don't expect to convince anyone that matters.

The thing that a lot of Bangladeshis don't understand is that most Pakistanis have moved on
Preparator always move on.It is the victim of crime who can not forget, what injustice was done to him.

Turkey also want to move on,but alas! those pesky Armenian are not allowing it to move on with all those genocide blood is still in it's hand.No wonder Turkey and Pakistan are happy bed fellow.

Last edited:
Because Bangladesh will get reality check very soon from India. That is why.

Personally, i could care less if Bangladesh gets into the mood of morality, but given their nation that is built on the race is not likely to last long with the influences handed over India. Bangladesh is in serious trouble.

And so what? Who cares? That's their problem. It has nothing to do with us.

And it is better for Pakistan if Pakistan gets involved. We saw Pakistan benefited from not getting involved in Afghanistan, and look where it got us. And it comes to the point that India is using Afghanistan as platform to undermine the stability of Pakistan. Nor Pakistan can afford to be selective in regards to Kashmir, Afghanistan and Bangladesh. If Pakistan has to get involved for Kashmir, then it is only fair Pakistan should play for all considering the source of problem is same; India. It is not about them anymore, rather it is about Pakistan.

Unfortunately, Pakistan is in the position where Pakistan will have to get involved to ensure India is no longer involved in Kashmir, Afghanistan and Bangladesh. It is either Pakistan or India, because if it is India, then Pakistan is in trouble too.

Um, no. We do not share a border with Bangladesh. It is located roughly 1000 miles away from Pakistan, has no strategic value, and is surrounded by India on three sides. So if India is indeed "involved" in the internal affairs of Bangladesh, we couldn't care less. Not that we could do much to change anything, anyway, because of geography. Secondly, I'm not sure what Indians themselves will gain from being involved in Bangladesh. Who cares?

As for Afghanistan, it is a nuisance, yes. But not primarily because of India. It is an utter disaster of a country that is barely stitched together by Western forces (US and NATO). Almost half of the country is under Taliban rule. My friend's brother served in Afghanistan and he said that there was no concept of "Afghanistan" to the people in the rural areas. The country is divided sharply along ethnic lines, and is full of many militant groups and drug warlords that are always fighting each other. That's why we get hurt, not because of India.

The ANA is an incapable army that often has trouble defending anything more than provincial capitals. Another good reason to keep a close eye on them and respond when necessary. The government in Kabul is incompetent, extremely corrupt, and has little power. India has little to do with Afghanistan. It is a country that can never get its act together and has been involved in internal and external wars since its inception, often falling under foreign rule. There is little to be gained there, so if India want to be "involved" in that country, I certainly don't care. The Western forces rarely succeed in getting anything done with that regime anyway, I doubt India will.

You are sounding like a nut-case by comparing Bangladesh with a desert state like Sindh.Canada is 30 times the size of Germany,now which country have more influence and power in this world?

Watch your mouth. Sindh is not just a "desert province". It is has fertile grasslands and savannas due to the Indus river:

indus_sat.jpg

It also has a rich cultural history within the northwestern part of the subcontinent, both Islamic and in regards to the Indus Valley River civilization (Mohenjo-Daro).

You think Bangladesh has any kind of real influence in the world at large? Lol. In any case, we're glad to be rid of it.

Bangladesh has any kind of real influence in the world at large? Lol. In any case, we're glad to be rid of it.
Influence was said in the context of Canada vs Germany.By the way,What is the GDP of Sindh? Population? agricultural production? How much it compared to Bangladesh?

Influence was said in the context of Canada vs Germany.By the way,What is the GDP of Sindh? Population? agricultural production? How much it compared to Bangladesh?

Assuming Sindh continues to be about 1/3rd of Pakistans GDP:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...estic_product#/media/File:GDP_by_Province.jpg

In 2015 I would assume it to be 90 billion USD nominal and about 300 billion USD in PPP:

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft...untry&ds=.&br=1&c=564&s=NGDPD,PPPGDP&grp=0&a=

I think the population would be around 59 million people as of 2015.

Influence was said in the context of Canada vs Germany.By the way,What is the GDP of Sindh? Population? How much it compared to Bangladesh?

Point was, Pakistan (Sindh included---we are a united country) has far more influence than Bangladesh. And it is certainly not a "desert" province, but a fertile one. Although I wouldn't expect a Bangladeshi to know any better.

Second point was, it doesn't matter whatever little amount of supposed "influence" Bangladesh has, we are glad to see it gone and want nothing to do with it.

Assuming Sindh continues to be about 1/3rd of Pakistans GDP:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...estic_product#/media/File:GDP_by_Province.jpg

In 2015 I would assume it to be 90 billion USD nominal and about 300 billion USD in PPP:

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2016/01/weodata/weorept.aspx?pr.x=72&pr.y=11&sy=2014&ey=2021&scsm=1&ssd=1&sort=country&ds=.&br=1&c=564&s=NGDPD,PPPGDP&grp=0&a=

I think the population would be around 59 million people as of 2015.
You proved my point indirectly.Sindh is one-third of Pakistan in terms of economy and population,although it is one-sixth in geographic area.Sindh can be compared to Dhaka division of Bangladesh,not entire Bangladesh.

LOL..The same awam that has elected Haseena ..Leave bangadesh it has nothing to do with us..No border sharing with them..So whatever India does there can't impact us...Let them burn in there own hatred..India holds the right to do so as they are neighbor and there independence is Marhon-e-Minnat of Banya k damag:-)

Last edited:
And it is certainly not a "desert" province, but a fertile one. Although I wouldn't expect a Bangladeshi to know any better.
Thats why I wanted to know the agricultural production in Sindh and where it stand against BD.

Well, She talked about pakistan this time because one Junayed Khan wrote a book about 1971 and Pakistan Embassy in Dhaka tried to promote the book. So the underlined part is incorrect in this case.

Again, I could probably count on my fingers the amount of Pakistanis who would have read this, and the claims your PM made about it being sponsored by our intelligence. Tell you what, please send me the name of the book.

As for the rest of Pakistan, we have very well moved on, it seems you folks haven't and your PM would quicker use this issue as a political tool too.

Back
Top Bottom