What's new

Pakistan signs deal with Sri Lanka to sell Initial order of 8 JF-17s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not know what was signed but its defense production minster signing something

Ministry of Defence Production

but he is also s&t minister

03-4-300x142.jpg

Geo News reporting.... (breaking)

Sri Lanka have signed agreement with Pakistan for Purchase of eight Jf17 aircrafts.......

Sri Lanka will become second nation to operate Jf17 after Pakistan. Talks with Myanmar, Nigeria, Egypt are in advance stages of confirmation of agreements.....

Hope to see Jf17 in different friendly air forces very soon.......

View attachment 285063

What a beautiful bird. The best JF-17 shot I have ever seen.

Sri Lanka has made an excellent decision by investing in a plane that offers so much possibilities!

Just like ti was signed by Azerbaijan and Myanmar... I get it .. its all a big secret...
If it materializes, going to be a very serious threat to entire South India. Now these guys will send terrorists to both Bangalore and Chennai. India's foreign policy towards Srilanka is always flawed. They have been against us all along the history since our independance. As far as I know IndiraGandhi is the only leader to handle these people with right policies. India should wake up.

If it materializes, going to be a very serious threat to entire South India. Now these guys will send terrorists to both Bangalore and Chennai. India's foreign policy towards Srilanka is always flawed. They have been against us all along the history since our independance. As far as I know IndiraGandhi is the only leader to handle these people with right policies. India should wake up.

Now you guys will start finding Sri Lankan made batteries and shoes with the terrorists.

RAW has already started purchasing Sri Lankan brands to be carried by terrorists.

If 100% confirmed, then that will make it the second nation to sign a deal. Don't expect delivery until at least 2017, as it takes time to build the facilities, and give training, before buying the fighter jets

Sri Lanka and Myanmar are pretty much on board with the thunder program, I still have faith that Nigeria and Argentina will both come on board as well.
Argentina is a dead end i don't see it going that far..
Tough after Sri lanka and Mayanmar, Nigeria will most probably sign the deal which will open new doors to many new customers!
If PAC can get Block-3 to the levels we hope [better engine, AESA, HMDS and increased payload and hardpoints(8 hardpoints+1 for dedicated pods under fuselage)] then surely many new possible doors will open!

Pakistan to sell 8 JF-17 Thunder fighter jets to Sri Lanka, inks eight agreements - The Economic Times

Indian lobby has not ended & they are still continuing to lobby against JF17 deal with Sri Lanka & are pressurizing Sri Lanka.

It's sour grapes for India.

Argentina is a dead end i don't see it going that far..
Tough after Sri lanka and Mayanmar, Nigeria will most probably sign the deal which will open new doors to many new customers!
If PAC can get Block-3 to the levels we hope [better engine, AESA, HMDS and increased payload and hardpoints(8 hardpoints+1 for dedicated pods under fuselage)] then surely many new possible doors will open!

Don't count Argentina out. They are still in the process of hunting for fighters and are finding it quite difficult finding any. The problem is that most cheap fighters the Argentinians would like to get their hands on are American/European influenced which the Brits are likely block. They have very limited options and a tight budget. The Argentinians are seriously interested in JF-17 due to its ability to carry the lethal C802 subsonic and CM-400AKG supersonic anti-ship missiles. Very handy capability to have in the scenario of Falkland Islands conflict. A Russian fighter is also a possibility, but unlikely due to cost restraints. The JF-17 offers more than Argentina could wish for and budget-wise it is just within Argentina's reach. Perhaps China could offer it on a soft loan scheme. Argentina is a likely buyer, but are exploring all options for the time being.

Last edited:
Pakistan to sell 8 JF-17 Thunder fighter jets to Sri Lanka, inks eight agreements - The Economic Times

It's sour grapes for India.

Don't count Argentina out. They are still in the process of hunting for fighters and are finding it quite difficult finding any. The problem is that most cheap fighters the Argentinians would like to get their hands on are American/European influenced which the Brits are likely block. They have very limited options and a tight budget. The Argentinians are seriously interested in JF-17 due to its ability to carry the lethal C802 subsonic and CM-400AKG supersonic anti-ship missiles. Very handy capability to have in the scenario of Falkland Islands conflict. A Russian fighter is also a possibility, but unlikely due to cost restraints. The JF-17 offers more than Argentina could wish for and budget-wise it is just within Argentina's reach. Perhaps China could offer it on a soft loan scheme. Argentina is a likely buyer, but are exploring all options for the time being.
Yeah they have 2 options...
1.To specify JF-17 according to their needs and it must be in their budget. This is a rather long way and they have to pay for a portion of amount that will be spent in development of their version and it rather will take time. This way they will have a brand new jet according to their specification but this solution will rather be costly and more time will be needed which i guess they don't have, keeping in mind of their aging fleet.
2. To go for second hand jets (i.e Kafirs) and spend some amount to refurbish them with all they equipment they want and can get. This is fast and will cost less.
but I rather agree with you that Argentina is looking into JFT and observing developments of twin seater and judging capabilities of block 2. Who knows that the secret buyer that need twin seater is Argentina itself :azn::azn:

I think we should also consider Nepal and central Asian states as our next target. We should also make Nepal part of CPEC, they suffered a lot recently.

Your butt hurt is legendary ... Do you know PAF itself confirmed furst export during Paris Airshow... The Asian nation wasn't named..!

Did you know that Nigeria also bought JF-17s and SM... Confirmed in their defence budget...

If the news is to be believer SLAF is the third customer ...

Ab tujhay "Mirchi" lagi tou mein kya karoun...

Well it's great development although India will still try to sabotage the deal

Aw why would you start derailing the thread already (I joined today so maybe its already derailed) by the above statement? At least there are people like me who savor some new information and this is a good step.

Congrats to Pakistan on producing an AC and signing an agreement to sell it. A great step forward indeed!

What a fiction! You still cant beat MBIMunshi though! How will they be a threat for India? They have not been against us, only our policy has been inconsistent with them.

Yeah they have 2 options...
1.To specify JF-17 according to their needs and it must be in their budget. This is a rather long way and they have to pay for a portion of amount that will be spent in development of their version and it rather will take time. This way they will have a brand new jet according to their specification but this solution will rather be costly and more time will be needed which i guess they don't have, keeping in mind of their aging fleet.
2. To go for second hand jets (i.e Kafirs) and spend some amount to refurbish them with all they equipment they want and can get. This is fast and will cost less.
but I rather agree with you that Argentina is looking into JFT and observing developments of twin seater and judging capabilities of block 2. Who knows that the secret buyer that need twin seater is Argentina itself :azn::azn:

The problem with Kfir is that it has an American J-79 turbojet among other parts. Not to mention a very limited range. It has a decent radar and BVR capability. This type of fighter is only good for intimidation and presence patrols. I'm not sure whether the Argentinians are only looking to project intimidation and presence. Talks are in an advanced stage, but whether Britain/US will ultimately allow such a sale to go through is very much unlikely.

The problem with Kfir is that it has an American J-79 turbojet among other parts. Not to mention a very limited range. It has a decent radar and BVR capability. This type of fighter is only good for intimidation and presence patrols. I'm not sure whether the Argentinians are only looking to project intimidation and presence. Talks are in an advanced stage, but whether Britain/US will ultimately allow such a sale to go through is very much unlikely.
But giving them kafirs with some check and balance and conditions is actually a win-win situation for them. even Spare will be in their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom