What's new

Pakistan signs deal with Sri Lanka to sell Initial order of 8 JF-17s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the most reasonable Ans in this thread why India had objection for JF, otherwise I dont see any other reason as stated by Other pakis and Indians .

1) Pakistani personnel have been stationed in Sri Lanka for quite a while now. That reason is just not correct.

2) The word "P aki" is a slur, a derogatory term used against Pakistanis and Indians. I believe it's bannable too. Kindly refrain from using it.

The only other option is the Mig-29 but JF-17 suits the current needs of Sri Lanka and JF-17 talks have progrssed so far it would be a total waste to cancel it
I heard that if JF-17 deal is done PAF will also give 10 f-7 at free of cost??

Look at it from India's point of view, not Pakistan. According to the people sitting in Delhi, why wouldn't Pakistan try to build a presence in Sri Lanka? Why wouldn't it try to remove India's presence in Tajikistan?
The problem I have is not doing something and yet advertising it, that is all.

Last edited:
Off course not, all the expectations are from the jet which took 30 years to demonstrate it can successfully ride a Tata trailer for 15 minutes without crashing

As I have repeatedly pointed out, JF 17 went from first flight to production in 2 years. That's not the kind of jet you should expect much from.

They're hating or liking doesn't make a difference. It ultimately is about what deal we're ready to offer.

Still better than 15 years of empty hoha hola and not a single purchase

@Myth_buster_1 at the rate of 60 every 10 years you'll have thr projected 200 jets in 24 years. Nice going, we can see how serious you are about inducting the Thunder :lol:

@mods please check this

Post Reported
I think this is the most reasonable Ans in this thread why India had objection for JF, otherwise I dont see any other reason as stated by Other pakis and Indians .

After Myanmar, i hope we also fulfil orders/demands of Sri- Lanka within time limit & then others which are still in negotiations for JF17s.

It will be a huge error of judgement on the part of the Indian establishment if they think any Sri Lankan government would ever put bilateral relations with India above their strongest ally Pakistan

What are you smoking? The current Sri Lankan government is a puppet of India. They have sidelined both China and Pakistan and have gone to the extent of cancelling massive investment projects to please India.

it is not an objectionable talk sari lanka is an independent country. its people will thought for its batter future.

Why wouldn't it try to remove India's presence in Tajikistan?

That base was given to India by Tajikistan when our thick skulled short sighted Jarnails and Karnails sitting in Rawalpindi supported Pakhtun Talibans against mostly Tajik Northern Alliance in Afghanistan.

Last edited:
Marrakech Air Show Invites Pakistan to Showcase JF -17 Thunder Fighter Jet
December 8, 2015 • By morocco world news

Rabat – The Marrakech Airshow 2016 has invited Pakistan to showcase its JF-17 thunder fighter jet at the 5th Annual International Exhibition of Aerospace Industries to be held on April 27-30, 2016.

Under the patronage of King Mohammed VI, this upcoming Annual International Exhibition of Aerospace Industries in Marrakech will be a valuable opportunity for aerospace giants as well as investors in aeronautics industry to display their newest projects.

“The JF-I7 is a lightweight multi-role combat aircraft manufactured at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) in Kamra, Pakistan. It can be used for aerial reconnaissance, ground attack and aircraft interception,” said a communique by the Pakistan Embassy in Rabat.

“The JF-I7 can deploy diverse ordnance including air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles and is equipped with a 23 mm GSh-23-2 twin-barrel autocannon.’It is powered by a Guizhou WS-13 afterburning turbofan engine and has a top speed of Mach 1.6,” the communique concludes.

Moroccan daily newspaper Al Massae said in its December 4 issue that Morocco has expressed interest to buy the JF-I7 for its Air Force.

The organizers said this year’s exhibition is part of “Morocco’s strategy to develop its aviation base and strengthen the aviation sector, notably in terms of industrial investment and technology transfer.”

The four-day airshow expects more than 20,000 visitors and more than 200 participants from 20 different countries.

“These aircraft manufacturers see Morocco as the gateway to the promising African market for civilian, military aviation and business aviation,” the organizers added.

Marrakech Air Show Invites Pakistan to Showcase JF -17 Thunder Fighter Jet
December 8, 2015 • By morocco world news

Rabat – The Marrakech Airshow 2016 has invited Pakistan to showcase its JF-17 thunder fighter jet at the 5th Annual International Exhibition of Aerospace Industries to be held on April 27-30, 2016.

Under the patronage of King Mohammed VI, this upcoming Annual International Exhibition of Aerospace Industries in Marrakech will be a valuable opportunity for aerospace giants as well as investors in aeronautics industry to display their newest projects.

“The JF-I7 is a lightweight multi-role combat aircraft manufactured at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) in Kamra, Pakistan. It can be used for aerial reconnaissance, ground attack and aircraft interception,” said a communique by the Pakistan Embassy in Rabat.

“The JF-I7 can deploy diverse ordnance including air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles and is equipped with a 23 mm GSh-23-2 twin-barrel autocannon.’It is powered by a Guizhou WS-13 afterburning turbofan engine and has a top speed of Mach 1.6,” the communique concludes.

Moroccan daily newspaper Al Massae said in its December 4 issue that Morocco has expressed interest to buy the JF-I7 for its Air Force.

The organizers said this year’s exhibition is part of “Morocco’s strategy to develop its aviation base and strengthen the aviation sector, notably in terms of industrial investment and technology transfer.”

The four-day airshow expects more than 20,000 visitors and more than 200 participants from 20 different countries.

“These aircraft manufacturers see Morocco as the gateway to the promising African market for civilian, military aviation and business aviation,” the organizers added.

plz post the link .... I know your are new to the forum therefore might have problem in posting links therefore simply past the link give some space b/w it like https: / / www. google. com

Not surprising at all. SL is one of the proxies Indians use to acquire stuff that they don't want to publicly buy themselves. And then they re-engineer the heck out of it and share the spoils with the proxy. Pakistan knows this well by now so I doubt if they will sell such advanced technology

Do you expect Sri Lankans to be your friends when you're so condescending and patronizing towards them? If your views are representative of general public then its not surprising at all why Sri Lankans are wary of India.

Do you expect SL to hand over a Fighter like that and even if we did its useless considering they will be using different communication systems and different IFF systems. It will only give India info on Sri lankan airforce not Pakistan.
Sri lanka will mostly likely buy a variant that suits our needs that will be very different from Pakistani versions

Both HAL Tejas and JF-17 has appeared in enough events for Pakistan and India to analyze each others aircraft. Excerises won't make a difference.
India will have to rip apart the Jf-17 if they want to get any valuable info and becuase SL aircraft will most likely be using diffrent systems making any attempt less useful

A deal will include limits of how much be shown to other countries including India, if the deal is broken Pakistan will stop supplying spare parts and the Jf-17 fleet will be grounded wasting lots of money.

No nation-state in its right mind would handover its defence secrets to another. That's true for Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, China, United States, Russia, Germany, et al. What you are reading is fanboy fiction no different than, "India will handover Indian equipment purchased from Europe or United States to Russia so it can be reverse engineered because <insert fanboy fiction>." To even play, "if it did..." game is useless because professionals know the importance of keeping defence secrets, fanboys don't.

Don't indulge in this silly game.

Pakistan to sell JF-17 aircraft to SL ::: Dailymirror.lk ::: Breaking News

akistan is expected to secure an agreement for the sale of the JF-17 Thunder Aircraft during Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's visit in Sri Lanka in the first week of January 2016, IHS Jane's Defence Weekly reported on Tuesday.

JF-17 Thunder is a third-generation fighter co-produced by Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) and China's Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation (CAC).

Sharif's upcoming talks in Colombo follow a mid-November visit to Pakistan by Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) commander Air Marshal Gagan Bulathsinhala during which the JF-17 was showcased by the Pakistanis.

Immediately after the visit AM Bulathsinhala was invited to send an evaluation team of technicians and pilots to PAC's Kamra facilities near Islamabad, where the JF-17 is produced.

The SLAF - which already flies several other Chinese-made aircraft types - is currently looking to upgrade its fighter capabilities. At present these rely on the Israel Aircraft Industries Kfir, which served as the workhorse of SLAF ground attack operations in the 1983-2009 civil war against the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE).

Currently the JF-17 is flown only by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), with the first squadron of Block 1 aircraft becoming operational in 2010. In late December 2015, PAC rolled out the 16th of a planned total of 50 Block 2 aircraft to complete the PAF's fourth JF-17 squadron in service. Phasing out its older Dassault Mirage III/5s and Chinese F-7Ps fighters, the PAF reportedly plans to induct at least 250 JF-17s. By contrast, China's People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) does not fly the JF-17.

@Godman @HeinzG

Insha Allah the deal will go through :D also 10 F-7P as gifts :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom