What's new

Pakistan signs deal with Sri Lanka to sell Initial order of 8 JF-17s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir a question.. Understanding that present fleet of Sri Lanka of Kfir,F7 and Mig27. Also with present president desire for a more stronger navy, there seems to be a budget constraints involved in the decision making for SL AF. It's more like they can afford $20-25mn per bird price whereas JF17 may be $30-35mn (exact figure folks can appraise me pls)

So what I am wondering here is will Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif also offer say a squadron of JF17 with some good discounts and a financial package in the form of a long loan payment schedule.

That could potentially win them a deal surely but it also opens a avenue for most future purchases to be similar finanical strutcure based.

Interestingly I think SL cannot afford a Russian or indian jets or other single engined jets anyways. With such a limitation of budget and focus on navy and naval ships, they are I am sure bargaining for a financial package with easy terms from the manufacturers and also leverage some geo political clout via that..

@Irfan Baloch @Blue Marlin
What do you feel about this..

Sir a question.. Understanding that present fleet of Sri Lanka of Kfir,F7 and Mig27. Also with present president desire for a more stronger navy, there seems to be a budget constraints involved in the decision making for SL AF. It's more like they can afford $20-25mn per bird price whereas JF17 may be $30-35mn (exact figure folks can appraise me pls)

So what I am wondering here is will Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif also offer say a squadron of JF17 with some good discounts and a financial package in the form of a long loan payment schedule.

That could potentially win them a deal surely but it also opens a avenue for most future purchases to be similar finanical strutcure based.

Interestingly I think SL cannot afford a Russian or indian jets or other single engined jets anyways. With such a limitation of budget and focus on navy and naval ships, they are I am sure bargaining for a financial package with easy terms from the manufacturers and also leverage some geo political clout via that..

Absolutely! China has money and is looking to promote its influence and defence industry. If China can finance an $8 billion submarine deal with Pakistan through its EXIM bank then it can also definitely do the same for Sri Lanka. It's all good businesses.

This is the last time Sri Lanka has the option to buy JF17. It's now or never!

This jet is the best bang for the bucks...
Price depends on the specifications, i.e The basic version is approx 25 mil and its not so basic. With BVR, guided mutations and a decent radar and ECM and jamming system i don't see if SLAF need anything more but certainly prize will rise with addition of Air refueling probe and HMDS or other special specifications.
and the deal will also probably be financed by Chinese loans...:coffee:

Complementary drinks too.
If pakistan ropes in pepsi or coke as official drink sponsor they can win more deals.:D
Thums_up_logo.jpg

well the jf-17 is the cheapest singled engined jet on the market. when ever you can an officail for the price. they never give you a decet answer. all they say its less than half of what the west would charge. or a secondhand f16. which is about 22-30 million dollars, i will go back to this later. its not only pakistan selling the jet, its china too. and when someone needs financail assistance then china would most likely provide a typical 2% soft loan also when you need a fighter you needs weapons too which too can only come from china and possibly shouth africa where they can get the darter-r missile which south africa has retired. china is known to be agressive and extreamly competitave when it comes to compeating/securing a contract the indoneasian hsr tender proved that.
so in the sense of money, china will cover slaf.
one would ask, why not get second hand f16's? the f16 when new is about $50 million for a good spec blk52+.when they are second hand they will be used and abused. and if slaf hypotheticaly buys them they will only be a good buy upuntill they need maintainance work on them. slaf has never seen such an advanced jet and buying parts would be extreamly expensive and technically complicated. one only has to look to thailand in regards to a country with limited funds and used f16's they reieved used f16's from singapore and the us it self. now it can only afford to have an mlu on only 18 of its youngest fighters. only well established airforces with their f16's on a very strict maintainance program can successfully obtain and run used jets, and we all or most of us know who one of those well established airforces are.

It's highly unlikely that SLAF would purchase JF-17 under present government.

I hope just like Myanmer we manage to sell 16 Jets to Sri Lanka also. This would give great boost to us and also open more market for upcoming BLOCK III

The JF-17 Thunder fighter in-flight refueling capability ?? sir koi pic mil sakti hai ?? @Blue Marlin @Zarvan @DESERT FIGHTER @Imran Khan @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Horus @313baberali
if you could say what you said in english, that would be great.

JF-17_109.jpg

Pakistani JF-17 to start mid-air refueling by end of summer:

Author:
Farhan Bokhari, Islamabad:

Last posted:
2013-06-11

The PAF's chief has stated that the JF-17 Thunder will start mid-air refueling by the end of summer 2013.

(PAF) The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has successfully completed ground tests on mid-air refueling probes fitted to its Chengdu Aerospace Corporation/Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft and expects to carry out the first mid-air refueling by the end of the summer, the service's chief has told this author.

Air Chief Marshall Tahir Rafique Butt said in a 6 June interview at the PAF's headquarters in Islamabad that the addition of the refueling capability to the JF-17 will improve prospects for international sales of the aircraft, which is jointly produced by China and Pakistan. "The ground tests have been very successful. I am very satisfied. This will be done successfully by end of summer [2013]," he said.

Both countries are reported to have been approached by a number of developing countries interested in the JF-17, which is considered a cost-effective alternative to Western fighter aircraft. Indonesia and Egypt have been named as among possible future customers.

The PAF acquired its first ever mid-air refueling capability in 2010 with the purchase of four Ilyushin Il-76 tanker transports from Ukraine. ACM Butt's remarks confirm for the first time that the JF-17 is to be equipped with the capability, which will significantly extend its range.

ACM Butt said the PAF is "very satisfied" with the performance of the JF-17, saying it will eventually become the backbone of the force along with Lockheed Martin F-16s. The PAF operates French Mirages, F-16s, and a number of versions of the Chengdu F-7.

Pakistani JF-17 to start mid-air refuelling by end of summer - IHS Jane's 360

EHsLqHJ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom