What's new

Pakistan should persuade world to sign nuclear deals

After rules were violated for India for granting the deal. Why not to advocate one such deal for every country.

The deal has made openings for other countries too.

Oh Boy...some "analysts" "interpreted' "all parties" as "Pakistan".

Seriously.

Seriously.

Ahh dear thats the dilema Indians love to go crazy whenever they think of Pakistan.

We cant help it dear when your Own some "Analysts" interpreted "all parties" as Pakistan.

:enjoy:

Sure Pakistan Should get the waiver as well...As Pakistan too is in desperate need of energy. At the same time citing the AQ episode...I am not sure ,if Pakistan will be able to negotiate the same way India did...that is If All the nuclear installations of Pakistan would be under safeguard regulation or can avoid the military ones through unconditional exemption. That will a tough bargain if not impossible.

I also read the statement by Pakistani Foreign Office Spokesperson Tasneem Aslam on People's daily Online that...

She said that Pakistan's civilian nuclear power reactors are totally covered by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) safeguards including the spent fuel produced by these reactors.

"Our future nuclear power generation reactors will also be under safeguards," she said.
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200603/18/eng20060318_251638.html

Last edited:

By Marten Youssef, Staff Reporter
Published: September 08, 2008, 00:04

Abu Dhabi: Pakistan's defence attache in the UAE says a nuclear arms race will follow the Nuclear Suppliers Group decision to lift a three-decade ban on nuclear trade with India.

"I can foresee a nuclear arms race between the two countries and even China," Pakistani Embassy Defence Attache Khawar Hussain told Gulf News in an exclusive interview.

"This poor decision will turn into 'weaponisation' and further escalate the tensions between already rival countries," Hussain said.

Formal condemnation

The landmark decision, which rebuked a 1974 ban, received no major reaction from Pakistan.

Hussain attributes this to its timing as it coincided with the election of Pakistan's new president Asif Ali Zardari.

The foreign ministry is expected to issue a formal statement condemning the decision.

"This is a very discriminatory action by the United States. Neither India nor Pakistan is a signatory of the Non Proliferation Treaty (NPT), but India got away with it," Hussain said. Many from the international community have criticised this move saying this will render the NPT as "a useless agreement that has no weight".

Hussain said the decision that would allow India to buy nuclear fuel and technology from the world market had other motives.

"There are several reasons for this. The US is likely looking to India to counter China in the region and, of course, for economical reasons. The next 48 hours are going to be very crucial as to how this news is taken in the region. I don't expect it will be welcomed," Hussain added.

While both countries have repeatedly refused to sign the NPT or its counterpart, the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty, they are both desperate for energy.

Relations between India and Pakistan have been relatively calm since the 2001-02 standoff mainly due to the two being members of the coalition forces in the war on terrorism.

"Their participation has veered off some of the difference, but this decision is certainly to create rivalry," Hussain said.

Seriously.

Who else do you think China is referring to? Musharraf visited China ahead of Bush's visit to the Suncontinet a few years ago, some strategy is already worked out between the two countries and China is no pushover. An waiver to Pakistan would bring her closer to the NPT control, thats the argument China will use to advocate equal treatment for Pakistan.

Why not !!! China should push Nuclear deal for Pakistan hope NSG agrees too.

It is not important that NSG agrees or not. Pakistan must present his case for the reason to unearth the bias and divide that exist today at international level.
Even if Pakistan land any deal later making a reference of indian deal that would not change the reallity that UN laws had been defied.
it is not the job of NSG to stop their trade it is the job of UN to prevent prolifiration but in indian case UN has played the role of facilitator.

Ban ki mon does not deserve to be respected any more. India could have never get away without signing NPT in the period of Kofi Annan.
All Pakistanis should ashamed him for his role as a partisan instead of doing his job right.
It is also a sign of our weak leadership
Every Pakistani should write letter to zardari and Bankimon for this injustice to the nation of Pakistan and greater world.

My question to indian friends is that have they taken some extra measures to tackel the uranium smuggler racket operating in india ?
What is the guarantee that india will no more sell it to al-Qaeeda?

Please tell us more, :eek: Is there any harm if Pakistan push it by some other means?

I just gave example, no harm pushing by any means.... But I hope except china no one will do a nuclear agreement with Pakistan. I doubt even China can help much, there are three reasons-

1) Pakistan is not a big/lucrative market for NSG members.
2) Pakistan's prolifiration record is very bad. Making BOMB for own can be considered but passing to others should not tolerated.
3) China also does not has good face for prolifiration. Also china can not make a big case for Pakistan taking energy requirement in consideration, as US and India did. Though whole world knows that, waiver is not purly for energy, its all about getting out of technology denial regime. Now Indian may get crucial space technology for civilian purposes...

why would al-Qaeeda buy uranium from india when they r in "safe haven" where they can get ready made nuke bomb and a delivery system to. :azn:

It is not important that NSG agrees or not. Pakistan must present his case for the reason to unearth the bias and divide that exist today at international level.
Even if Pakistan land any deal later making a reference of indian deal that would not change the reallity that UN laws had been defied.
it is not the job of NSG to stop their trade it is the job of UN to prevent prolifiration but in indian case UN has played the role of facilitator.

Ban ki mon does not deserve to be respected any more. India could have never get away without signing NPT in the period of Kofi Annan.
All Pakistanis should ashamed him for his role as a partisan instead of doing his job right.
It is also a sign of our weak leadership
Every Pakistani should write letter to zardari and Bankimon for this injustice to the nation of Pakistan and greater world.

My question to indian friends is that have they taken some extra measures to tackel the uranium smuggler racket operating in india ?

O ho! where does UN come into picture with Nuclear deal ? NSG agree for waiver only after satisfying themselves with measures taken up by India for non - proliferation.

Ban Ki Moon is head of UN and has no role in passage of Nuclear deal. Its Mr George Bush my friend.

Who else do you think China is referring to? Musharraf visited China ahead of Bush's visit to the Suncontinet a few years ago, some strategy is already worked out between the two countries and China is no pushover. An waiver to Pakistan would bring her closer to the NPT control, thats the argument China will use to advocate equal treatment for Pakistan.

Neo, China could also referring to North Korea or Iran, China has good office with them too.

I think it should be done.
But things are not that easy.:china:China is not so powerful like Russia anyway, we just can not do it without concerning the pressure under U.S. and western countries cause we want to bulid up a well-developed country. So we don't want to give such a reason to American to say something about this. We love you guys so we can bulid fighter together, but to N-deal, we have to be more cautious about making promises.:blah::blah:
By the way I'm new here.If I've done something wrong,just tell me thanks.

Pakistan must understand that India and Pakistan are not in the same league anymore. The world is now looking to completely finish the nuclear programme of Pakistan and take away its nuclear weapons, let alone giving it a nuclear deal, ...right now, Pakistan must play its cards very carefully, being over ambitious, it may gather more attention and risk loosing what ever it hasin its hands!!!

Back
Top Bottom