What's new

Pakistan should be a Secular State

I don't believe state and religion can be mixed at any level man. I'm yet to see that work.

Now we disagree.

All secular states derive their legislation/jurisprudence for morality based on their majority religion anyway. Secularism in many countries is just a smoke screen.

pakistan is a bright example..

Pakistan and Islam are body and soul, they are inseparable by design.

Now we disagree.

All secular states derive their legislation/jurisprudence for morality based on their majority religion anyway. Secularism in many countries is just a smoke screen.

I never understand people who say Jinnah wanted secular Pakistan, it makes no sense. Why would a man make a nation for a religious group only to tell the same group that the laws of said country will not be derived from said religion. :blink:

Now we disagree.

okay... :coffee:

I never understand people who say Jinnah wanted secular Pakistan, it makes no sense. Why would a man make a nation for a religious group only to tell the same group that the laws of said country will not be derived from said religion. :blink:

This is how they like to see it!

Pakistan was founded as a secular state bit Jinnah's islamic appeasement and Liaqat Ali Khan butchered immigration policy turned it into a islamist heaven..seriously..just what the heck some resolutions like these were suppose to mean? Utter nonsense..Liaqat ali khan was a biggest traitor to the nation..good riddance.

Objectives Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Objectives Resolution was a resolution adopted on March 12, 1949 by the Constituent Assembly of Pakistan. The resolution, proposed by the Prime Minister, Liaquat Ali Khan, proclaimed that the future constitution of Pakistan would not be modelled entirely on a European pattern, but on the ideology and democratic faith of Islam.

Are you sure about what you are saying? Pakistan was meant for Muslims of the region as a constitutionally Muslim state , it is a Muslim country and will remain so for the people of Pakistan. If you have any doubt have a referendum on the topic; Pakistani may be non-practicing Muslims but they are Muslims by heart- They love Islam and everything about Islam.

Dear, where did you get education from? How many books have you read on the topic? Who were the idiots that told you Pakistan was made as a secular State? Have you read Lahore resolution (1940)and where did the two nation ideology emerge from? who were the first people who spoke about it? One of them was Allama Iqbal in 1930s; that's why Pakistan is called his dream and please don't go on that Iqbal was also secular!

Do you understand who were Mr. Jinnah and his colleague? Mr. Jinnah and any other leader only succeeded because they gave tongue to the popular demand of Muslims for Muslim country and Muslim nation. Did they demand Muslim country to live under a secular system? No, but they were chanting , Pakistan ka matlab Kia, La ilah ha il'lal'lah.

By the way just ask yourself and the idiots who inspired you why in the world Pakistan was made? India was secular and lots of Muslims were and are living there. Why did they need Pakistan at all? and Why provinces accepted to be its part?

Moreover,the constituent assembly was not made of mullah/molvis: they were politician with some back ground. They knew what was the demand of people and they acted on the popular demand.

Nepal is NOT a Hindu state. Saudi Arabia and Iran - the less said about them - the better. Israel allows Muslims to elect representatives - unlike Iran and SA.
EXAMPLES: ISRAEL, IRAN, SAUDI ARABIA, NEPAL (HINDU), Bhuttan etc

Nepal is NOT a Hindu state. Saudi Arabia and Iran - the less said about them - the better. Israel allows Muslims to elect representatives - unlike Iran and SA.

iran is a islamic democracy. saudi is much worse a wahabbi kingdom. from experience of going to both places

a pork eating wine drinking prson creating as islamic state.. please.. its like saying a warrior murderer pedofile created a religion.

excuse me??
I think you are confused with your birth place and mine……:oops:

Thus Turkey under Attaturk thought the same and decided that rejecting their language and culture and replacing it with European ones (down to the names of their streets) would turn them into a developed nation "like the West". This approach didn't work out. In contrast, Japan kept its culture, and built an economic model around its own culture (Kanban, Kanren-gaishas, etc) and succeeded.

Who rejected what ? :crazy:

yYkccMHIbk.jpg

800px-TurkishVocabulary.png

@xenon54 I knew that these charts would come in handy. :enjoy:

Thus Turkey under Attaturk thought the same and decided that rejecting their language and culture and replacing it with European ones (down to the names of their streets) would turn them into a developed nation "like the West". This approach didn't work out. In contrast, Japan kept its culture, and built an economic model around its own culture (Kanban, Kanren-gaishas, etc) and succeeded.
Like @Sinan allready posted, we got our culture back thanks to Atatürk.
We are more Turkic today than last 1000 years...

Quaid e azam was secular. He consumed alcohol,beers and other non Islamic items. He was broad minded man. All he wanted seperate Muslim "name" state for identity but country was hijacked by hard line Islamist after 1956.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom