What's new

Pakistan Shell Shocked by Mature India Response on Obama Visit ...Must Watch.

Now if only he had controlled Ghar Wapsi and Every woman should have 5 children etc., we could have spent time discussing these things. Plus, his commitment to fight corruption and crony capitalism is ZERO. That cannot be overlooked. You can't drive an economy at 9% with increasing corruption- that destroys a state.

Well i'm sure PM would've taken his lessons from last Parliamentary session where opposition parties made huge hue and cry over the issues you mention and little work was done in Rajya Sabha and finally government had to take Ordinance route.
The way i see this whole development is that atleast in contemporary history, this is the most comfortable political position Modi finds himself in. He has numbers, political momentum with him and political opposition in tatters. This ideally gives him an opportunity to drive his agenda of managing country and economy in particular. This will give him clear space to work out things at do course correction wherever required without having to bother for coalition dharma etc.
On the issue of handling corruption in public life, if Modi's idea of e-governance and service is met with even fair success, it will provide a roadmap for future on how to conduct government business.
But it is too early to judge and personally i would wait for atleast 30-36 months before telling anything specific. At this point current government's performance promises a lot and that gives me hope as a common Indian.

Well i'm sure PM would've taken his lessons from last Parliamentary session where opposition parties made huge hue and cry over the issues you mention and little work was done in Rajya Sabha and finally government had to take Ordinance route.
The way i see this whole development is that atleast in contemporary history, this is the most comfortable political position Modi finds himself in. He has numbers, political momentum with him and political opposition in tatters. This ideally gives him an opportunity to drive his agenda of managing country and economy in particular. This will give him clear space to work out things at do course correction wherever required without having to bother for coalition dharma etc.
On the issue of handling corruption in public life, if Modi's idea of e-governance and service is met with even fair success, it will provide a roadmap for future on how to conduct government business.
But it is too early to judge and personally i would wait for atleast 30-36 months before telling anything specific. At this point current government's performance promises a lot and that gives me hope as a common Indian.

yeah it's true too. He thinks he's some big daddy and has opened ordinance raj. The flaws of his administration are quite fundamental.

yeah it's true too. He thinks he's some big daddy and has opened ordinance raj. The flaws of his administration are quite fundamental.
Well President too has expressed his displeasure over several ordinances and obviously it cannot become a norm. Therefore onus lies with floor managers especially in RS. TMC is at loggerheads with central government (after Sharda scam) and will not let go any opportunity of projecting itself as a victim of central government's policies. With Congress nearly decimated at center, other parties are trying to use this rather unique and rare opportunity to get a bigger share of political space in center. Equally several parties (like in Bihar) are facing a tough fight from BJP in state politics and fighting for remaining relevant. Under this scenario one can only expect hostilities in Parliament and this would mean business taking a hit.
I think the first litmus test for current government on economic matters is going to come in form of implementation of GST where all the states have to be taken on-board. For the sake of economy i do hope this gets done immediately as it has a potential to add about 1-1.5% to annual GDP growth.
& here would come the ability of government to communicate with opposition and non-allies, something last government sorely missed after Pranab da became President.

Back
Top Bottom