What's new

Pakistan/ Sharia or Democracy?

Constitution = Set of rules approved by scholors to help govern how people like their lives with in a society, most of the rules are in some form effected or are derrivitives from religious views

Sharia = Set of rules approved by scholors with in confines of a faith which are changable and maintained by scholors , and people with considerable knowledge

Both are just rules -

Can either set of rules be abused ? Yes

Example Nato , abused the laws and confined innocent ppl in Guatanamo bay and Abu Guraib etc, ammunity for killer contractors in Iraq and dishonorbale discharges to guilty killers

Do critics exist that say constitution and bill or rights does not protect rights .... yes lots

Can Sharia laws be abused ? Yes

Look at Taliban un educated and unsuitable to implement laws , to protect society - suicide attacks , and destruction of women schools etc

Do critics , banish Sharia ??? Yes many

Both rules are changable by debate and scholorly consultation

good info... :tup:

Gambit,

You are right that democracy is very good system for western nations but for muslim society there are certain limitations ie Halal Haram, Family shariah Law,Shariah law for crimes ,Zakat, Intrest free economy which can not be practiced in democratic system.

That is reason we got independence , otherwise we could live with Indian demcratic society.

You are out of the Indian denocratic society but have you implemented your Islamic stuff so far? Its been 60+ years now and you have a democratic and judicial set up like the Indian ones. So whats the point in breaking up with India?

Last edited:
:argh:
You are out of the Indian denocratic society but have you implemented your Islamic stuff so far? Its been 60+ years now and you have a democratic and judicial set up like the Indian ones. So whats the point in breaking up with India?

a) The reason we left India was , we would not get leadership oppourtunies while living with Hindu Majority we wanted to avoid the caste system and also avoid unnecessary holidays - etc that we don't celebrate

b) Gov , Universities will offer more openings for Hindu Students
vs Pakistani Students etc

c) Land disputes , things like Gujrat would be a constant issue

Last time I checked Pakistan is a pretty solid Super Power in region.

Yes we implemeted quite a bit - India democratic system is not really a symbol of anything special :cheesy:

You guys have not decided the Gujrat riots for 15 + years in courts
Kassab the person in the Mumbai attack is mocking the whole judicial system

Shiv Sena party is ot really a great democratic institution , 80% policians with prison background ........

You can argue yes you held more elections but thats about it

India pakistan are like brothers eventually we get married we need to start our families so we can't like in one place like zee drama - causing more drama -

We come for dinner every few weeks on Sunday enjoy cricket and share stories fun time avoiding drama -

I do not agree with the title "Pakistan/ Sharia or Democracy?". I don't think Sharia is not based on democracy.

I may be criticized for meddling my Indian nose in what is not my business but here goes...

Why does it have to be either /or when you can have both?

Start a political party with the officially declared policy that you will implement Sharia law in the country if elected to power. If you do get elected ( you might not in the first election itself...but eventually) you will know that Sharia law is what the majority of the people want and can then work on the nitty gritties of implementing it.

Last edited:
I don't know what is the conflicting, Shariah can be implemented under Democracy.

Back
Top Bottom