What's new

Pakistan/ Sharia or Democracy?

Nothing stops you from having all this under current democracy in pakistan. Just vote for the religious parties...

Sharia law is not just a legal system but a complete system of Governance.
For instance:

1: Islamic courts ( Persecution , Legal process with Qazis , Punishments and change in Police station layout and complaint handling )

2: Shura ( Parliament ) Islamic council for national decision making or in other words Parliament would work on " Votes " in between elected members and the percentage would be kept higher that the decision once made have less chances to be challenged. MP's will still be elected thorough Elections but the requirements to contest the elections could be changed such as if someone is convicted once in any offense would not be able to participate , Bachelors degree , For ministries or departments relevant experience in that field. ETC

Parties would be encouraged to chose their ministerial nominees before the election process that people know who is going to lead the country.

3: Banking , Taxation and Health systems:
Islamic taxes could be merged down with already existent taxes and a Tax return process can be put in place for tax payers.

Halal banking and Health facilities for everyone .

4 Educational system: School modernization , change in curriculum , Basic Islamic education from age 4-6 followed by modern education from grade zero to the College level .
More separate universities and schools and research centers for Females and Transportation facilities .

5 Command and control & law enforcement :

Not much change in the infrastructure of armed forces but just a bit more centralized and interconnected force that can work together with law enforcement organizations such as Police and Intelligence .

6 Zakat & ushar system:
Collection and distribution of zakat and usar in a digital manner to make sure it gets to the Needy.

**There would be room for improvements in every sector such as Industrial , Foreign relations , International business , ETC.

Regards::pakistan:

Both together in Iran :coffee:

And as you can see that even in Iran you now have power hungry Mullahs who are refusing freedom of expression and rig the elections.

Since we are not God Almighty, their is no way for us to know under Shariah system which 'Mullah' or 'Amir-ul-Momineen' is a genuine leader and which is not.

In the absence of God like powers to determine the quality of our leadership, the best option left is for the citizens to observe the performance of their leaders, and then kick them out if they are not up to par, or given them another chance if they do perform well.

The problem is not with democracy, the problem is with the system not being allowed to play out completely and the people not participating in the process and those that do participate electing the same old faces.

And as you can see that even in Iran you now have power hungry Mullahs who are refusing freedom of expression and rig the elections.

Since we are not God Almighty, their is no way for us to know under Shariah system which 'Mullah' or 'Amir-ul-Momineen' is a genuine leader and which is not.

In the absence of God like powers to determine the quality of our leadership, the best option left is for the citizens to observe the performance of their leaders, and then kick them out if they are not up to par, or given them another chance if they do perform well.

The problem is not with democracy, the problem is with the system not being allowed to play out completely and the people not participating in the process and those that do participate electing the same old faces.

In Good democracy, you can only elect one person twice, so no Kings and Queens with party of their own.

Any successful Sharia countries so far in this point of time?

It depends on what do you consider a success !!

Financially : Saudi arabia ( Economic rescission proved it)

But Our Sharia law is not going to be either Saudi like or Taliban , i have stressed it 100 times. We will bring a Tolerant & modern Islamic system in which our Nationals can live in an Islamic environment where they can Enjoy Financial opportunities and all of those what an Sharia law is thought to provide.

Democracy or secularism does not work for everyone , and Pakistan is one of Those societies where it cant work and i say Lets make this country what truly it was meant to be!!:pakistan:

Nothing stops you from having all this under current democracy in pakistan. Just vote for the religious parties...

WE can but it would be you crying again:lol:

Our Religious parties do not deserve any votes , our people have rejected them.

We need a parallel system.

Definately Sharia. Given the basis of Pakistans creation being religion and inability to incorporate liberal philosophies of secularism and democracy.

If choosing Democracy, then what was wrong in staying with India? Muslims could have voted for Muslim League in India and had ensured their representation politically.

Opting for a seperate state, I see it as an indication to stick to the religious methods of governance, banking etc.

Last edited:
350 Million Muslims vs 1 Billion Hindus..Who do you think would get the center government..Muslims would never be able to form Federal Government.
Anyway back to topic.Democracy and Independent judiciary is fine.No need for Sharia and Saudi success is only because of oil.Should the oil finish Saudi Arabia will get uprising and insurgency.Obviousely you can vote for Ultra Right Wing Parties (Religious Parties), Right Wing (PMLN) or Left Wing (MQM, PPP and ANP)

Any system of administration that can deliver a accountable ... efficient ....dynamic and reliable governance....that can provide a equal opportunity to live...educate....earn....and practice religion....to every citizen...withing the national boundaries.

I was wondering, what do you guys think would fit Pakistan? We are facing the worst problems, and my opinion, Democracy isnt working out for us. I'm thinking of Shariah Law, it would really work out if we fallow it the right way (Not TTP way). Plzzz don't start barking at me for supporting Shariah Law, I may not know too much about Sharia or Democracy, and I want to get educated with your opinion. What do you think is good and why. I would appreciate it if you can compare and contrast both.

One self proclaimed guru in all topics concluded that the best goverment system for Pakistan is "Benevolent dictatorship".

Its his exact words so hey dont shoot the messenger :azn:

sharia and democracy are not apples to apples.

Shariya is democracy my friend if followed properly...you won't know! islam says choose the best amongst you to lead! not pass on the crown to generations!

however, no one currently in the muslim world knows the proper sharia everyone twists it to their liking so NO SHARIA!

350 Million Muslims vs 1 Billion Hindus..Who do you think would get the center government..Muslims would never be able to form Federal Government.
Anyway back to topic.Democracy and Independent judiciary is fine.No need for Sharia and Saudi success is only because of oil.Should the oil finish Saudi Arabia will get uprising and insurgency.Obviousely you can vote for Ultra Right Wing Parties (Religious Parties), Right Wing (PMLN) or Left Wing (MQM, PPP and ANP)
man if u ask me for sharia law it isnt complicated as we say its so easy to follow and if u want sharia law then bann all political parties in the country ppp mqm mma pml n or q just ban all of them first then we can easily understand and sharia law lets hope for the best and lets prepare our self for islamic revolution
regards

man if u ask me for sharia law it isnt complicated as we say its so easy to follow and if u want sharia law then bann all political parties in the country ppp mqm mma pml n or q just ban all of them first then we can easily understand and practise sharia law lets hope for the best and lets prepare our self for islamic revolution
regards

It depends on what do you consider a success !!

Financially : Saudi arabia ( Economic rescission proved it)
You must be joking right? Saudi Arabian banks use Interest and are integral part of the world banking system. They have a huge sharia compliant business on the side but the major companies and banks to engage in Interest based banking and Inter bank lending.

Saudi Arabia was affected somewhat by the recession. Oil prices nosedived remember. But the main reason they were not affected was because Saudi banks did not have huge exposure to exotic financial instruments. Similar was the case of India as well.

But Our Sharia law is not going to be either Saudi like or Taliban , i have stressed it 100 times. We will bring a Tolerant & modern Islamic system in which our Nationals can live in an Islamic environment where they can Enjoy Financial opportunities and all of those what an Sharia law is thought to provide.

Democracy or secularism does not work for everyone , and Pakistan is one of Those societies where it cant work and i say Lets make this country what truly it was meant to be!!:pakistan:

And who decides what "our sharia law" is? Traditional Islam never adovcated for a so called "Islamic state" where sharia is enforced top down. Take up any example of various muslim states and none of them had mullahs at the top advocating what laws will be implemented.

There are only some guiding principles in the quran most important of which is shura or consultation as well as ijma or consesus. This is the same as democracy and consultation with people.

Moreover, another Islamic principle is to have equality for all people in front of the state in terms of justice and law regardless of race, color as well as religion e.t.c. This is the same as having a secular society. Secularism does not have to mean anti-religion, but equality of all religion or people following any religion in front of the state.

By saying that democracy and secularism will not work, you are actually ignoring two very important principles of shura and ijma as well as equality of people.

Regarding the slogan of "sharia state", most people who raise this slogan have devious intentions. Besides having no basis in traditional Islam, it is very similar to the communist concept of raising a slogan of equality and rule by the masses - the workers and farmers. But the end result was one party dictatorship. Which is eventually what these so-called Islamic parties want, a dictator in the garb of "amir-ul-momineen". And people are too wise now to let it happen.

Hence, its time to learn why parties like MMA, JUI, JI e.t.c. never garnered more than single digit percentage votes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom