What's new

Pakistan scores a diplomatic brownie point: Kayani gets Russia to 'ignore'

With the memory of the disintegration of the Soviet Union fresh in mind, the Russians are seeing an insurgency infested India going that way. Therefore, it's time to pay some attention to Pakistan which has more friends and influence than India in the region.

With the memory of the disintegration of the Soviet Union fresh in mind, the Russians are seeing an insurgency infested India going that way. Therefore, it's time to pay some attention to Pakistan which has more friends and influence than India in the region.
You are saying that Pakistan is good bet over India when it comes to stability of the nation. Which world you live in ? Pakistan is facing problems to attract investment of any type. Only few are making it.

Insurgency hit India, don't you see what is happening in Pakistan ?

And what influence you are talking about ? You think India don't have the influence in the region. Well buddy try to observe more.

Lets come back to reality, pakistan indeed have strategic location in the region BUT if Afghanistan stabilizes and Iran remains on India's and Russia's partner, the policy will certainly change.

Russia just trying to make a contingency plan if Iran gets involved in war with Israel or US or both and A-stan goes back to anarchy.

Now, you have only one place to go to - America, and nowhere else. Take panga with America and you lose everything. That is not the case with us - we have alternatives. You don't.

I think you are the only country which has been bombed by your own allies on a regular basis.

These links are 2-3 months old and in 2 months,U.S changed 10 yr plan? wow bravo secur :rofl:

Yes,putin is most pro american leader.pls have a history of russian or soviets presidents and see who did n wat ... :wave:

You should see the new changes for leadership of the US command made by Obama ... Nobody too keen to stay there but this is something only time can tell ... Well , I am basing my assumptions on the actions of the current American withdrawal program which doesn't have reference to US being deployed till 2024 and even if it is , it is almost mere presence instead of any meaningful influence ... They fought there for 10 years and without any gain ! It is upto them to continue fighting an unwinnable war or return to their homes ...

I always thought of Putin as a smart clever man with a vision of reviving the old glory of USSR , do not accuse me of bias :D ... Yes , Russia does provide supplies to that landlocked mess only because of the Central Asian instability fear which can be solved with Pakistan if we employ stringent measures to control them ... When did Russia get codes ? Only after the closure of supply line by Pakistan , right ? :)

Yes , I know of the stakes but there is no way US can have influence in Russian backyard , can there be ? Actually , the US still controls the GCC countries , more important than landlocked CAR and Afghanistan where there's no way Russia will allow US to expand its influence ...

So , US knew it may have to use Pakistan again ? Cm'on , you talk as if this was a certainty that 9/11 will occur ... If thats the case , then why impose strict sanction even now ! You may have to use Islamabad again :rofl:

Well , there are certain other markets and I mentioned of CAR as a region to expand into ... Not sure if it will be enough of a market - the CAR ...

Yes , supply routes closed ... Only opened after a bizarre apology ... Sorry , there were no elections coming close then , they are coming close now though ... :azn: Nah , we all saw the food shortage resulting from the supply lines being closed and if you do not know , Russia only allows non-lethal supplies and even that weren't able to meet the shortage ! The operations were hampered , the capabilities reduced ...

Most of ... All are American slaves ... I never said US needs Arabs to take out Iran , its actually the other way around ... Why aren't they dealing ? Because the consequences specially unintended ones stemming from the war will be too much to bear for the Americans and oil rates will go to all time high ... Iran is under strictest sanctions and ever increasing hostility , what different picture are you trying to paint here ? :azn:

Good for them ! We still aren't fools , not declared any of them enemy unlike some ...

Ok , you are all knowing :rofl: Happy now ? Cm'on was there a secret reason for the closure of supply lines ?

niceee.... you taking the alternate universe stuff to a completely new level

Stop wasting time on him.

We all know where India stands at world political stage and I haven't stated other areas of cooperation f India with US and Russia. Still we need to focus on increasing our reach and power rather than expecting few people to understand the ground reality.

I agree with you on this..........instead of tipping those who have itzy bitzy problems with India and want to earn brownie points, we should watch their show with popcorns in the plate...:pop:

There is a saying in Punjabi ''Pind waseya ne te mangtey pehloon aa gye''

Many members are forgetting that US is not moving lock, stock and barrel from Afghanistan. They arre going to fund the the ANA $4 billion per year from 2014 to 2024 and they will be leaving some special forces in Afghanistan. So U.S footprint will be there till 2024. Drawing a parallel from Afghan history itself, Najibullah's regime survived for 3 years after USSR withdrawal on Soviet aid and collapsed only in 1992 when Soviet was no more and the aid stopped. So do not forget to take US into the equation. And even Russia does not want U.S to leave Afghanistan as per the recent Putin statement as they are afraid the instability in Afghanistan if Karzai govt. collapses will have wide implications.

Pakistan is an important nation because of it's location, but there are a few key hindrances in any nation forming any new bilatral strategic alliance with pakistan.

Pakistan has terrorized India with constant support to militancy(kashmir punjab),false flag operations (kargil) and terror activities throughout the country. (Indians betrayed)

Pakistan has nurtured, supplied, recruited and supported taliban outfits, during afghan civil war. (afghans betrayed)

Pakistan later helped US against taliban under pressure, (taliban betrayed)

Pakistan's intel unit ISI, was accused of supplying to taliban to ensure taliban has space in Afghanistan politics after speculation of US withdrawals. (US/ISAF/NA betrayed)

Pakistan has also been accused of Nuclear proliferation and Missile technology proliferation. (UN betrayed)

Although pakistan has been recipient of extensive military and civillian aid, there is huge public outrage for the same ally. (US gove Betrayed)

this stuff makes it difficult to trust pakistan.

You sure what you are comparing. :lol: Kiddo, Libya, Sryia, Iraq are not India.

Retail sector- It was always on table but few opposed it. Remember India has been a democracy since its freedom. You can't just allow anything any time. There is a due process even if it progress with snail's speed.

Are you sure about our weakness, as I remember US apologizing to our film actor and ignoring you Government. Not to forget US asking us to stop oil from Iran, ended up in making us an exception. Didn't you read Romney's comments about India shouldn't even buy am ounce of an oil.

You guys have a long way to go to become independent in terms of foreign policy. Stop giving childish comparison.

@topic
What I am seeing now is posters projecting Russia as reason of peace, stability and freedom considering bitter relations with US. Just one meeting and people going Gaga over Russia. Few decades you were fighting against them. Do you really think Russians changed and has no hard feelings against you no matter what diplomatic measure they take ?

Same is in case of US. It was hurting you decades ago by making you dependent on them., You thought US will always be there and its influence in WB, IMF etc will come handy. Now they are attacking you and blocking your requests for funds in these organizations.

Instead of taking this as a victory, better start building neutral stance regarding US and Russia with tilt towards China.Keeping this neutrality will help you to make both the countries to act carefully with you. Use your friendship with China and remain out of US and Russia tussle.

Getting over emotional is not gonna help. Stop bringing India loosing Russia argument. Any sane and senior person on this forum knows what's the ground reality.

First off this kiddo can call kiddo to the one who calls you kiddo.
but on the topic, why you keep putting India in Pakistan's league, admitted mentally you all have some impression of us over you the reason for which i cannot understand. but you are 10 times bigger than us economically, militarily, and socially. This is some kind of insecurity because I can say 1000 things Pakistan is better than US but american who will read it just laugh it off because reality is a reality no matter how much you suppress it. You guys need to grow up when you become a part of a comparison between SU-300 and JF-17.

here is my conclusion and you can go ahead and rant and hit you head on the wall and call me stupid after reading it. Those who achieve greatness on their own dont need to explain it to anyone, but if greatness is achieved by riding on someone's shoulders then you need to explain it everytime someone brings it up, you need to memorize the spelling of indeginous although its hard to spell but indian never make a mistake in spelling it.

I read on Janes weekly that Ghori is faster than Brhamos and more accurate

ps: I expect at 50 indian's replies and that will show the IQ level

:lol: @ the bolded part.

"India is gonna disintegrate", that's the tune India-haters have been singing for decades now. It didn't happen before, it won't happen now.

the only foreighn investment comng to pakistan after an alliance with russia will be chechan millitant. ;)

An alliance between Pakistan and Russia was terribly overdue.

Pakistan and Russia are in the same neighborhood, and we share another ally which is China.

Pakistan can offer something that India can never offer- a quick access to the Arabian sea.

Russia can get money from anyone. So the Indian argument about giving Russia cash is just nonsense. India needs to use that money to get its people out of poverty instead of giving others money.

Its no hidden secret that Russia is an enemy of the US, even Romney has stated it. :azn:

The thing about Russia, is that Russia can actually be trusted. Russia has a strong and wise leader -Vladimir Putin.

And the thing Vladimir Putin is that hes not a unrealistic idiot like George w Bush, who wants to achieve strategic goals for the USA through force (examples: Afghanistan and Iraq).

Whatever the USA lost the clash of civilizations, because they lost the hearts and minds of the Muslims.

Russia is not Soviet Union of yesterday.
If Russia can befriend Pakistan, THAT WOULD BE A MAJOR DIPLOMATIC VICTORY FOR RUSSIA against USA.
Pakistan is a Sunni Majority country, Pakistan can do things for Russia in the OIC, like Pakistan did for China.

USA messed up big time.

If Russia can make Pakistan and ally, that would be a huge development, Russians don't know when they would get a second chance, and I'm pretty sure Vladimir Putin knows that, and he is trying to exploit this to maximum extent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Russia lost Gaddafi, Saddam, and now Assad is close to being defeated. Russia is looking for new friends.

Pakistan fits the billing:

1) In the same neighborhood
2) Can actually offer something is that is useful
3) Big country - 190 million people
4) Ally of China
5) Has a good relationship with other Sunni countries

And there is many more.

An alliance between Pakistan and Russia was terribly overdue.

Pakistan and Russia are in the same neighborhood, and we share another ally which is China.

Pakistan can offer something that India can never offer- a quick access to the Arabian sea.

Russia can get money from anyone. So the Indian argument about giving Russia cash is just nonsense. India needs to use that money to get its people out of poverty instead of giving others money.

Its no hidden secret that Russia is an enemy of the US, even Romney has stated it. :azn:

The thing about Russia, is that Russia can actually be trusted. Russia has a strong and wise leader -Vladimir Putin.

And the thing Vladimir Putin is that hes not a unrealistic idiot like George w Bush, who wants to achieve strategic goals for the USA through force (examples: Afghanistan and Iraq).

Whatever the USA lost the clash of civilizations, because they lost the hearts and minds of the Muslims.

Russia is not Soviet Union of yesterday.
If Russia can befriend Pakistan, THAT WOULD BE A MAJOR DIPLOMATIC VICTORY FOR RUSSIA against USA.
Pakistan is a Sunni Majority country, Pakistan can do things for Russia in the OIC, like Pakistan did for China.

USA messed up big time.

If Russia can make Pakistan and ally, that would be a huge development, Russians don't know when they would get a second chance, and I'm pretty sure Vladimir Putin knows that, and he is trying to exploit this to maximum extent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Russia lost Gaddafi, Saddam, and now Assad is close to being defeated. Russia is looking for new friends.

Pakistan fits the billing:

1) In the same neighborhood
2) Can actually offer something is that is useful
3) Big country - 190 million people
4) Ally of China
5) Has a good relationship with other Sunni countries

And there is many more.

who are really a sunni contries .i thought they were islamic or say muslim countries. according to your argument then iran wont he much helpfull to russia because it is not sunni country .

second which sunni contries would be helpfull to russia.i donot think russia is dependent upon any sunny countries for gas and other products. most of sunny countries are presently dependent upon america for its protection . most use american weapons.would pak would be able to prsude other sunni countries to buy russian weapons

Now that russia would become friend to pakistan(according to def.pk) would OIC wont talk about chechnya .
russia has already good relationship with china what kind of help pakistan would be doing in that

Gaddafi, Saddam, and now Assad were/are dependent upon russia and not other way round

Pakistan is an important nation because of it's location, but there are a few key hindrances in any nation forming any new bilatral strategic alliance with pakistan.

Pakistan has terrorized India with constant support to militancy(kashmir punjab),false flag operations (kargil) and terror activities throughout the country. (Indians betrayed)

Pakistan has nurtured, supplied, recruited and supported taliban outfits, during afghan civil war. (afghans betrayed)

Pakistan later helped US against taliban under pressure, (taliban betrayed)

Pakistan's intel unit ISI, was accused of supplying to taliban to ensure taliban has space in Afghanistan politics after speculation of US withdrawals. (US/ISAF/NA betrayed)

Pakistan has also been accused of Nuclear proliferation and Missile technology proliferation. (UN betrayed)

Although pakistan has been recipient of extensive military and civillian aid, there is huge public outrage for the same ally. (US gove Betrayed)

this stuff makes it difficult to trust pakistan.

Your rank shows you are a Senior Member but yet an amateurish post, your views are far from the ground realities, please bring some evidence to back your accusations

Back
Top Bottom