What's new

Pakistan SAM Capabilities

Always worried about Paksitani SAM Capabilities.

LOW Altitude - Strong with ANZA series, stingers, Orlekions etcs.
Medium Altitude - Not enough to cover all major sections of the country (Nuclear Installations etcs but not for cities) Crotales, SPADA
High Altitude - Poor with only HQ-2 and donot know the quantity spread country wide.

Should get some from Rytheon - The SM-1 and SM-2 if possible :(
Otherwise HQ-9 but i would say take HQ-2 in large quantities!

We need Medium and High Altitude SAMs in quantity and i am not sure bout the coverage our in hand quantities offer!

we heard about chinese ft-2000/fd2000 as pakistani long rang air defence system for many years whats about the deal ?

dear friends, Pakistan shouldn't worry about SAM capabilities per our concern. SAM is not very accurate and we don't need to place thousands SAMs on every corners.

Our F-16s and JF-17s are capable to take care sky in High Altitudes and can shoot down predator drones according to airforces officers.

sir who said to you it is not accurate once it looks on it 100 percent crushes to its targets in ashes sir sams are big killers of jet these days

SAM can be said as the backbone of any Nation's Air Defence System and nightmare for enemy air force

we dont need sams, we need more aircrafts to protect our skies. sams can easily be fooled by drones and unmanned aerial vehicles. we have seen them in combat during arab-israeli wars. IAF completely annihilated those things

we dont need sams, we need more aircrafts to protect our skies. sams can easily be fooled by drones and unmanned aerial vehicles. we have seen them in combat during arab-israeli wars. IAF completely annihilated those things

dear the SAMS system is as impartent as air fighters in kargil the surface to air missile crackdown enemies jets:pakistan:

sams may have been useful in kargil because they were fired from mountain peaks (elevated positions). but i dont think they will be useful if fired from ground. you would probably need alot of em to cover a small area, while a few aircraft can defend that area just as well

We need strong sam systems in large no
First manpad should be converted to be installed in light armoured vehicles so movement will be easy
Than we need long range and supersonic speed to counter missiles and enemy air crafts, i think better sam is still cheaper than aircrafts maintenance tc

samS HAVE ALWAYS BEE OUR WEAKNESS along with many other weapons such as NAVAL arm & AIRFORCE! only thing ever truly capable in our military is our ARMY!

We need a system along the lines of S-300

Yes we definitely need a system like S-400 so we can even detect and shoot down stealth aircrafts ...like F-22 and the cruise missiles.......:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom