What's new

Pakistan’s relations with Iran, Greece to be enhanced

A1Kaid

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan’s relations with Iran, Greece to be enhanced

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - Islamabad—Iranian and Greek ambassadors, Tuesday, held separate meetings with Speaker National Assembly Sardar Ayaz Sadiq here at Parliament House and discussed matters of mutual interest.While talking to Iranian ambassador Ali Reza Haghighian and Greek envoy Pertos Mavroidis, Speaker said that Pakistan attached great importance to its relations with neighbouring and European countries.

In meeting Ambassador Ali Reza Haghighian he said that Pakistan attached immense importance to its fraternal relations with Iran and wants to further cement those through enhanced parliamentary cooperation between the legislatures of both the countries.

Source: Pakistan’s relations with Iran, Greece to be enhanced

Pakistan should enhance its relations with all the countries of the World.

China, Turkey and Saudi Arabia are our closest allies.

But we need to have normalized relations with all the Countries of the World.

How about S.America? Brazil has its own space program and is a medical-tourism hotspot.

How about S.America? Brazil has its own space program and is a medical-tourism hotspot.

I don't have information about Pakistan's relations with the South American countries, but Pakistan should develop ties with Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, and maybe Chile. Though I don't really know how we can develop ties with them, Brazil as you noted has a space program. Personally, if they are interested Pakistan should sell them military hardware and sale of APCs, Jf-17, MBTs.

Relations are good enough but we have really ignored that aspect because our foreign policy is really short-sighted.

Pardon me for my intervention here, but Greece is the arch-rival for Turkey with whom you share strong ties.

Don't you think that your ties will be strained with them if you try to get too close to Greece? Considering that you follow a zero-sum foreign relations policy which is usually taking a side fully.

Pardon me for my intervention here, but Greece is the arch-rival for Turkey with whom you share strong ties.

Don't you think that your ties will be strained with them if you try to get too close to Greece? Considering that you follow a zero-sum foreign relations policy which is usually taking a side fully.

I don't think our ties with Turkiye would be strained, in fact Turkiye is also trying to improve relations with Greece. Pakistan and Greece have no core disagreements and this is reflected in how ties are being enhanced at the diplomatic level.

It will never affect relations between Pakistan and Turkey.
We have good relations with India,does it affect the relationship?
No..
Btw,Turkey and Greece are no enemies(on state level)

It will never affect relations between Pakistan and Turkey.
We have good relations with India,does it affect the relationship?
No..
Btw,Turkey and Greece are no enemies(on state level)

On your behalf, but from Pakistani politics perspective, they usually don't be neutral. From their foreign policy historically, they have always taken a strong stand on one side. With US, with China, with other friendly countries, it has always been a zero-sum stance for them at least until now.

Maybe now things might change, however keeping ties bilateral without bringing in extraneous factors is not going to be easy.

I don't think our ties with Turkiye would be strained, in fact Turkiye is also trying to improve relations with Greece. Pakistan and Greece have no core disagreements and this is reflected in how ties are being enhanced at the diplomatic level.

But didn't your government vote in favour of Turks when the issue of Northern Cyprus cropped up in UN?

At least, that's what I read somewhere that your government supports Turkish side on the issue of Northern Cyprus.

But didn't your government vote in favour of Turks when the issue of Northern Cyprus cropped up in UN?

At least, that's what I read somewhere that your government supports Turkish side on the issue of Northern Cyprus.

Yes and we still support the Turkish Cypriots who were about to be subject to Greek Cypriot domination had Turkey not intervened. That does not mean that we can not develop ties with Greece even though our stance on issues like Cyprus and our close relations with Turkey will remain the same. Just like T-123456 said, Turkey is a close friend of Pakistan but that does not mean that it can not have ties with India.

Pakistans stance on Crypus wont change... Turkiye is our brother... greece can be friends...

argentina is a friend and cuba is too
gen musharaf visited some other latin american coutries to enhence cooperation with them in his latin american tour

Back
Top Bottom