What's new

Pakistan, Russia agree to boost defence cooperation

Btw Russian giving you Russian air defence system to defend yourselves from majority of Russian Aircraft that India have......Hmm that's interesting.....Now i am more intrested in Su30 Mki upgrade and PAKFa....

Secondly i hope this is not a ploy by Russian to force us to think about investing in S500 SAM project.....

If Pakistan doesn't like anything they are selling there will be no sales. The Russians will put forward something they believe Pakistan will want that is simple business. :coffee:

Pakistan may buy non-combat helis from Russia, I believe they may have a need for it.

Ofcourse its all about business but its guided by geopolitics.

If it was all about business, then Russia and paksiatn would had established defence relations long back ago.

certainly it will be non combat system but it will be potent, upgraded RD-93 and MI-17 helicopters.

Mi-17 is fine but lets see if upgraded RD-93 goes thru in actual.

Pakistan may buy non-combat helis from Russia, I believe they may have a need for it.

Ofcourse its all about business but its guided by geopolitics.

If it was all about business, then Russia and paksiatn would had established defence relations long back ago.

It's actually about business. The Russians aren't going to put at risk 10's of billions of dollars from India for a pretty insignificant amount (maybe a few hundred million at best) from Pakistan. Period.

It's actually about business. The Russians aren't going to put at risk 10's of billions of dollars from India for a pretty insignificant amount (maybe a few hundred million at best) from Pakistan. Period.

In a way, yes.

But to make it precise, its business guided by geopolitics and not kind of free-for-all that many pakistanis make it feel about it.

They know what will please the pakistanis the most.. For some nations, its economic cooperation.. For Pakistan, its an offer of defence goodies ;)
Currently ! You know, We are interested in both (in economic co-operation and defence hardwares aswell) , Its definitly not going to bother U.S interms of our allaince co-operation. As we maintained our relations with China and U.S in past. and trust me our economic and defence co-operation with Russia will helps us(both) in maintaining the regional stability in future.

What they have always wanted. Access to warm waters from a friendly Pakistan.

Like through where?
They seem to have more choices with Iran on that count; whether its Bandar Khomeini or Chah Bahar ports. With the rail-road up and running from Chah Bahar to the Afghan Border, it'll get even better for them.

What does Russia want?

money?
love?
Pakistani mangos?
Pakistani Singers?

share in Gawader? now thats going to e interesting and will provie Russia with an energy corridor at fraction of the cost to the rest of the world. the catch is stability in Afghanistan. and that catch is a hard one.

In a way, yes.

But to make it precise, its business guided by geopolitics and not kind of free-for-all that many pakistanis make it feel about it.

no its going to be free

we got a lot of freebies in recent F-16 upgrades for F-16 ;) ;)

Like through where?
They seem to have more choices with Iran on that count; whether its Bandar Khomeini or Chah Bahar ports. With the rail-road up and running from Chah Bahar to the Afghan Border, it'll get even better for them.

Gwadar and you know why Pakistan is looked upon as a better trade route.

Secondly i hope this is not a ploy by Russian to force us to think about investing in S500 SAM project.....

you are a genius.
you just cracked the Russian Gambit

you should be part of Indian strategic planning and review in IR etc :yahoo:

More defence co op between pak-russia is good for india!

no its going to be free

we got a lot of freebies in recent F-16 upgrades for F-16 ;) ;)

Well, I dont know the kind of freebies that you are referring to.

US needs Pakistan at this moment to fight WOT, with Russia there is no such thing. So the US may have doled out freebies to bring some smiles so that you go and do their job.

I doubt Russia will go that extra mile and seriously, how much money can Pakistan on defence acquisitions from Russia ?
Are they anywhere near to what India can do?

Why would Russia spoil relations with India just for few hundred million dollars from Pakistan.

Its not going to happen for Pakistan. Sorry.

Gwadar and you know why Pakistan is looked upon as a better trade route.

Oh is that so? Is Gwadar connected to the hinterland by a safe, secure and economical logistical route? Is Balochistan also a peaceful area now that will attract the Russians to use that route?

On balance, Iran is internally peaceful and is rapidly ramping up all modes of connectivity to Gwadar. Why do you think the Russians even actively encouraged Indian engagement with Iran to set Chah Bahar up? Once this Irano-American "hoo-haa" dies down, the Russian plan of action will become even clearer.

Back
Top Bottom