What's new

Pakistan rumored to be interested in additional RJAF F-16s

No, it isn't. The deal b/w us & Turkey would obviously have included ALL costs the Turks would incur. It wasn't an issue for them since they did it for Philippines & Nigeria.

I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall lol The very fact that 9 units were produced proves that financing had been agreed to. Whether we were paying out of pocket or through a loan, it doesn't matter b/c that's what the US agreed to. You can't change your mind & decide you want to be paid upfront with cash. That's a breach of contract. So are you saying the US breached the contract?

All this assuming there wasn't another legitimate issue.

Money for lawsuits is a completely different story b/c you're paying out of pocket not through a financing scheme (that has been agreed to).

What you say are reasonable assumptions, but assumptions nonetheless. Pakistan did not sue for any breach of contract, that by itself says far more. :D

No, it isn't. The deal b/w us & Turkey would obviously have included ALL costs the Turks would incur. It wasn't an issue for them since they did it for Philippines & Nigeria.

I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall lol The very fact that 9 units were produced proves that financing had been agreed to. Whether we were paying out of pocket or through a loan, it doesn't matter b/c that's what the US agreed to. You can't change your mind & decide you want to be paid upfront with cash. That's a breach of contract. So are you saying the US breached the contract?

All this assuming there wasn't another legitimate issue.

Money for lawsuits is a completely different story b/c you're paying out of pocket not through a financing scheme (that has been agreed to).
Hi,

Pakistan keeps buying the needed equipment---J10's---Type 054's---the JF17 BLK 3's---the submarines coming---and still posters talk about paucity of funds.

They never learn---.

Hi,

Pakistan keeps buying the needed equipment---J10's---Type 054's---the JF17 BLK 3's---the submarines coming---and still posters talk about paucity of funds.

They never learn---.

Clearly, Pakistan keeps buying what it can afford. :D

What you say are reasonable assumptions, but assumptions nonetheless. Pakistan did not sue for any breach of contract, that by itself says far more. :D

Yours are assumptions as well.

Not suing doesn't mean anything. There could be legitimate non-financial reasons behind why the deal was cancelled as well or we couldn't afford the out of pocket expense or our politicians/bureaucrats/generals got cold feet which is not surprising considering our COAS or it just simply wasn't worth the trouble.

Yours are assumptions as well.

Not suing doesn't mean anything. There could be legitimate non-financial reasons behind why the deal was cancelled as well or we couldn't afford the out of pocket expense or our politicians/bureaucrats/generals got cold feet which is not surprising considering our COAS or it just simply wasn't worth the trouble.

Fair enough. Without seeing the actual contracts, neither you nor I can prove anything conclusively. But Pakistan was never able to show any violation occurred, which is perhaps the strongest proof available.

Clearly, Pakistan keeps buying what it can afford. :D
More importantly, from the source which is able to provide soft loans. The Zulus can be trucked out of Arizona onto IL-78s tomorrow if Pakistani pockets can cough up what they owe Bell Textron.

The same goes for F-16s or frankly anything else - the Indian lobbies will try but if you show cold hard cash and enough of it like Saudi Arabia, no amount of whining statements by any one off senator or congressman will stop the flow of weapons.

Unfortunately, I like the quote put by @MastanKhan earlier - Pakistanis are clever but not intelligent .

By definition:

intelligence has been defined as one's capacity for logic, abstract thought, understanding, self-awareness, communication, learning, emotional knowledge, memory, planning, and problem solving.

However,

Clever is defined in several ways, two of which are 1. mentally bright; having sharp or quick intelligence; able, and 2. superficially skillful or witty; facile.

10 superficial points to guess which one suits our former motherland the most?

Hi,

You are an intelligent poster---. Don't let this stupid comment become you.

I will only emphasize what was posted above:

if you show cold hard cash and enough of it like Saudi Arabia, no amount of whining statements by any one off senator or congressman will stop the flow of weapons.

Cold. Hard. Cash. Enough of it. Done.

Cold. Hard. Cash. Enough of it. Done
In the past even the cold hard cash didn't give us what we wanted ($658 million in 1989 for F16s).

US is not Russia who would sell you anything just because you show funds. $800 million don't mean much to US, after all.

I am sure that you would try to pin it again on Pakistan but the fact is that this isn't a simple issue of funds.

In the past even the cold hard cash didn't give us what we wanted ($658 million in 1989 for F16s).

Because Pakistan chose to go on with its program to explode a nuclear weapon instead. Remember that?

Because Pakistan chose to go on with its program to explode a nuclear weapon instead. Remember that?
Correct, and in current times Pakistan went against US dictation vis a vis Afghanistan and India hence it doesn't matter how much hard cash we have today US would not sell us what we want.

Just to be clear, I am not blaming either side for anything just stating that it wasn't about money.

Correct, and in current times Pakistan went against US dictation vis a vis Afghanistan and India hence it doesn't matter how much hard cash we have today US would not sell us what we want.

Just to be clear, I am not blaming either side for anything just stating that it wasn't about money.

LOL. Choosing to explode a nuclear weapon only increased the price tag, which Pakistan was unable to afford, that is all. Enough money can even get F15s despite Israel's opposition. Cold hard cash wins.

This topic isn't going anywhere.

The conversation has shifted from F-16's to the usual political b.s.

[Contribute karnay ko kak kuch nahe]

US is not Russia who would sell you anything just because you show funds. $800 million don't mean much to US, after all.

I am sure that you would try to pin it again on Pakistan but the fact is that this isn't a simple issue of funds.
$658 million against stopping a nuclear explosion?
It isn’t a simple issue of funds because that would be naive since cold hard cash will not get the US to sell the F-22 to China. No one is making that idiotic assertion - but the subject is today’s scenario where what is available(and technically sold) to Pakistan like the AH-1Z and even additional new F-16s are only awaiting cash.

Back
Top Bottom