What's new

Pakistan rubbishes Indian claims of Surgical Strike inside Pakistan.

Don't take our peaceful intent for weakness: Sharif

Don't take our peaceful intent for weakness: Sharif
TNN & Agencies | Updated: Sep 29, 2016, 01.19 PM IST
54580659.jpg
Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif
NEW DELHI: Pakistan Prime Minister on Thursday condemned the surgical strikes conducted by the Indian Armyon terrorist launchpads at the Line of Control (LoC). Sharif's comments came just minutes after Director General of Miliary Operations(DGMO) Gen. Ranbir Singh announced that that the strikes had taken place.

Sharif described the strikes as "unprovoked and naked aggression," by the Indian Army.

"We condemn this attack. Our desire for peace should not be interpreted as our weakness," Sharif said in a statement. "Our valiant forces are fully capable of defending the territotrial integrity of (our) country and can thwart any evil design made to undermine the sovereignty of Pakistan," he added.

DGMO Singh said significant casualties had been caused by the Army's strikes, and that the operation was now over. There were no Indian casualties during the strikes.

President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice-President Hamid Ansari, Former PM Manmohan Singh, and Jammu and Kashmir Governor Narinder Nath Vohra and J&K Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti have all been briefed the surgical strikes by the Army.

DGMO Singh's announcement came after Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired a Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) meeting to review the situation along the LoC earlier today.

Inputs from PTI and ANI
Surgical strike? He's referring to India's unprovoked firing across the LoC. Way to twist his words.

Pak Army denies India’s claim of ‘surgical strikes’ at LoC: ISPR
National22 MINS AGO BY WEB DESK

Pakistan Army has rejected Indian Army’s claim of conducting surgical strikes at LoC (Line of Control).

“There has been no surgical strike by India,instead there had been cross border fire initiated and conducted by India which is existential phenomenon,” the military’s media wing ISPR said.

“The notion of surgical strike linked to alleged terrorist bases is an illusion being deliberately generated by Indian to create false effects. This quest by Indian establishment to create media hype by re branding cross border fire as surgical strike is fabrication of truth. Pakistan has made it clear that if there is a surgical strike on Pakistani soil, same will be strongly responded,” the statement said.

Earlier today, India’s military claimed it carried out “surgical strikes” along the de facto border with Pakistan in AJK to thwart a series of attacks being planned against major cities.

“Some terrorist teams had positioned themselves at launchpads along the Line of Control,” Lieutenant General Ranbir Singh, the army’s director-general of military operations, said in reference to the unofficial border in divided Kashmir.
“The Indian army conducted surgical strikes last night at these launchpads. Significant casualties have been caused to these terrorists and those who are trying to support them,” he told reporters in New Delhi, adding that he had called his Pakistani counterpart to
inform him of the operation

Paf air chief have also confirmed. That its indian propganda only and no surgical strike was carried out

So you mean to say, that the Indians killed 38 terrorists (who are supposedly under PA control, hence they would naturally inform PA that they were being attacked and call some backup) for about at least 3 hours or something, then went back across the heavily mined, fenced and manned LoC from the Pakistani side to the Indian side?

Nice script for the next Salman Khan flick bro...

As another member has said, ceasefire violations branded surgical strikes, nice move India...I must admit.

I was listening to Indian Army's correspondent and he said "we have recovered GPS and weapons with Pakistani markings from terrorists" and I was like ... Bhai in ko koi batao Darai walai weapons pe markings nahe hotin. 8-)

Guys please make up your mind first :D
Para dropped while PAF is on the highest level of alert (almost cockpit ready) and our radars couldn't get a blip?

Ah! you must have jammed PAF radars before the raid.

It just keeps getting interesting.

P.S but please guys get a single count of destroyed assets, as well as what kind of assets were destroyed. Making me hard to visualize really :)

No proof thenit didnot happened.
And dont qoute me again if you didnot have proof.
Toh bol toh aisa raha hai , jaisa i am the one who conducted these ops, killed terrorists and came back with selfies and video of becoming sunny deol:angry:

Launch pads.

They are usually located away from PA centres/posts.

The information is confirmed. Let us now see how things unravel as this is very serious indeed.
Except nothing has been confirmed. I seriously doubt India launched a "surgical strike using para-commandos".

But this time even your army reported 2 soilder killed

But we know the casualties bare higher
Like Kargil
Kargil is very old.
Tell me, Why Russians cancelled their drills on Indian pressure with Pakistan? :azn:

Proof? Your ISI shamelessly denied Kasab was Pakistani, which later was confirmed by Pakistani News. So we know how your country works :lol::lol:

Air Chief has also denied any airspace violation last night. Come on grow up neighbours.

Thats your problem you keep an eye on others working and caught in lots of shameful problems in your own country
Haha!! retort to personal insults eh? Told you, your ISI as always brainwashing you. DENY DENY DENY. Even when Kasab was proven to be Pakistani, by own Pakistani news. :lol:

Details will trickle out in a day or two.

One of two things happened.

Artillery barrage at suspected launch pads
Para-commandos strike at suspected launch pads and intercept in-transit terrorists.

Back
Top Bottom