What's new

Pakistan Rolling Out 50 Mbps Broadband Service

PTCL 1 and 2 MB Connections and EVO even not properly working ... infact 99% of EVO and 1 2 MB PTCL connections are not working properly. Last Month PTA threatend PTCL to improve your service otherwise PTA will shutdown PTCL Service from many locations ... in Response PTCL annouce 50 MB connection LOLZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hey.. this 2 mbps unlimited for 1499 PKR sounds really good.I pay Rs.1800+taxes for my tataindicom homeplan and the speed is 1.5 mbps.I use a separate USB stick too and the speed is around 3 mbps,but the charges for that are paid by the company.

Considering it costs 1499 in PKR,it should cost even less in Indian currency.Damn.... we are paying much more for internet here in India.

Regarding this 50mbps idea,well not good if it is capped.Besides,it is going to come at a huge price..Now what will you do with a 50mbps plan?From the perspective of a standard home user,for a little web surfing,1 mbps is sufficient.For watching streaming online videos,a 2-4 mbps is good enough.For playing online games you need a connection with low latency rather than higher download speed.
So,only thing that you can do with a 50 mbps plan is download a lot of stuffs.Now what good is the connection if it is capped?
Now if you are planning for a business purpose,running a server etc.then you may require higher bandwidth.

2 Mbps at 1499 wow you guys are lucky :woot:....For most indians the only true UL plans available is BSNL UL750 plan with 512kbps speed.We all had high hopes for 3G from BSNL but it stopped all UL plans for 3G recently.Broadband in india sucks big time:cry:.

dude....Beam Tele in hyderabad is offering 4 mbps unlimited download for 1500/- only...i download at 1.2 mbps...!!!i.e., a 700 MB movie in 14 mins...

dude....Beam Tele in hyderabad is offering 4 mbps unlimited download for 1500/- only...i download at 1.2 mbps...!!!i.e., a 700 MB movie in 14 mins...

but you also have to see currency rates .. so basically it is Rs 1000 INR for 4MB Unlimited downloads

Here's a report in <a href="http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/Business/27-Jan-2011/PTCL-data-centres-recognised-globally">The Nation</a> on PTCL data centers in Pakistan:

<i>ISLAMABAD - PTCL, understanding the rapidly changing business environment and its growing reliance upon automation, has introduced region’s largest Data Centres in Karachi and Lahore. These centers are certified by the internationally recognized certification body, EPI.
This certification by an international body is the first data centre certification in Pakistan’s history and proves PTCL’s commitment to providing state of the art products and services backed by engineering and support for the Government and Enterprise markets of Pakistan, says a press release issued here on Wednesday.
PTCL Data Center services is an ideal choice for companies who want the flexibility to house their Primary, Disaster Recovery and/or Business Continuity sites and choose from a variety of cost reducing services as their business demands.
PTCL Data Centre solution provides customers managed and hosted cloud based services that comprise of computing as a service, processing as a service, storage as a service, software as a service, application hosting, infrastructure hosting, caging, co-location, disaster recovery as a service, backup solutions, hosted business solutions, unified communications and telepresence switching.
President PTCL Walid Irshaid said “PTCL is heavily investing in these ICT assets on behalf of our customers so that they can focus on their core competencies. Getting our Data Centers certified is further evidence that PTCL is committed to provide technology to the Govt and Enterprise markets of Pakistan of international standards.
This certification by an internationally recognized organization ensures that PTCL Data centers provide a reliable, responsive and resilient infrastructure, is designed and built using international standards and provides a secure, managed, climatically controlled environment for the housing and hosting of sensitive, mission-critical data and applications.</i>

‘PTCL data centres recognised globally’ | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

I am paying 1300 for 1 Mbps with 10 GB cap per month for wimax platform. seems bit expensive

Well done PTCL it has changed the broad band industry of Pakistan and now its introducing 50 mbps wow its gr8

They are releasing 2 packages
50MB 20,000 rs per month
20MB 10,000 rs Per Month

here in UK 50mbps is the ultimate home broadband and there isnt a fater service. costs about 40 pounds a month or 5000 pak rs

PTCL 1 and 2 MB Connections and EVO even not properly working ... infact 99% of EVO and 1 2 MB PTCL connections are not working properly. Last Month PTA threatend PTCL to improve your service otherwise PTA will shutdown PTCL Service from many locations ... in Response PTCL annouce 50 MB connection LOLZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

agree i use evo and download speed ranges from 18 kbs to 350 kbs

in some areas evo work in one room of the building and will fail to pick signals in other

and in ptcl colony evo works at 500 kbs download speed

they better first solve these problems :angry:

2 Mbps at 1499 wow you guys are lucky :woot:....For most indians the only true UL plans available is BSNL UL750 plan with 512kbps speed.We all had high hopes for 3G from BSNL but it stopped all UL plans for 3G recently.Broadband in india sucks big time:cry:.

Where do you live ? I pay 1250 for 2 Mbps unlimited, but I have a 6 month package. MTNL is even cheaper. I saw an ad in the paper YOU broadband offering something like 4 mbps pretty cheap.

agree i use evo and download speed ranges from 18 kbs to 350 kbs

in some areas evo work in one room of the building and will fail to pick signals in other

and in ptcl colony evo works at 500 kbs download speed

they better first solve these problems :angry:

to be honst 350kbps on a moble dvice is cool

Back
Top Bottom