What's new

Pakistan rise, India drop in ICC Test rankings

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
DUBAI – India are all set to drop a rung to sixth in the ICC Test rankings, replaced by arch-rivals Pakistan in the fifth position after Misbah-ul-Haq's men took a 1-0 lead in the ongoing series against Australia here.

“Pakistan's victory in the Dubai Test has not only ensured that it will move ahead of India in fifth position irrespective of how the Abu Dhabi Test ends, it has dashed Australia hopes of regaining the number-one Test ranking,” the ICC said in a statement.

To move ahead of South Africa, Australia needed to win both the Tests. Now, their best series result can be a 1-1 draw, which will keep them in second position, three points behind South Africa. In contrast, if Pakistan win the second Test, then they will leapfrog England, Sri Lanka and India into third position.

A 1-1 draw will mean they will finish in fifth place on 99 ratings points -- three ahead of India and two behind fourth-ranked Sri Lanka, while a drawn Test in Abu Dhabi will see Pakistan move to fourth place.

Pakistan rise, India drop in ICC Test rankings

Pakistan can make it to top 3 if it manages to win the series..

ICC Test Championship
16 September 2014

South Africa
Australia
England
Sri Lanka
India
Pakistan
New Zealand
West Indies
Zimbabwe
Bangladesh

ICC ODI Championship
24 October 2014

South Africa
Australia
India
Sri Lanka
England
Pakistan
New Zealand
WestIndies
Bangladesh
Zimbabwe
Afghanistan
Ireland

ICC Twenty20 Championship
5 October 2014

Sri Lanka
India
South Africa
Pakistan
Australia
New Zealand
WestIndies
England
Ireland
Bangladesh
Netherlands
Afghanistan
Zimbabwe
Scotland

Heck we suck in Test cricket for sure :pissed:

ICC Test Championship
16 September 2014

South Africa
Australia
England
Sri Lanka
India
Pakistan
New Zealand
West Indies
Zimbabwe
Bangladesh

ICC ODI Championship
24 October 2014

South Africa
Australia
India
Sri Lanka
England
Pakistan
New Zealand
WestIndies
Bangladesh
Zimbabwe
Afghanistan
Ireland

ICC Twenty20 Championship
5 October 2014

Sri Lanka
India
South Africa
Pakistan
Australia
New Zealand
WestIndies
England
Ireland
Bangladesh
Netherlands
Afghanistan
Zimbabwe
Scotland

Heck we suck in Test cricket for sure :pissed:

Heck the last 4 test against England was suck.

Dhoni hatao test cricket bachao. The worst test captain I have ever seen in my life. Surprisingly he is a good limited over captain. But the guy has no understanding of test cricket. As long as he captains India, they are only going to go down, especially overseas tours.

Heck the last 4 test against England was suck.
We had lost most of our overseas tests resently,be it the one against Aus or the one against Eng which we we played about a year or two from now,and the recent england your from a test series prespective was a disaster. :(

I really doubt if people in Pakistan are as interested in cricket as they were some time back. Cricket is sharply losing its fan following here.

Dhoni hatao test cricket bachao. The worst test captain I have ever seen in my life. Surprisingly he is a good limited over captain. But the guy has no understanding of test cricket. As long as he captains India, they are only going to go down, especially overseas tours.
With Ravi being the boss now,i see your wish come true sooner than later :)

Brilliant win for Pakistan congrats to Younis Khan bring on the 2nd test

Back
Top Bottom