What's new

Pakistan removes third of its Army along Indian borders

I expect its more like things like Blasphemy Laws
In Pakistan, 1.5% of the population are Christian. Pakistani law mandates that any "blasphemies" of the Quran are to be met with punishment such as prison or excution. Like Ayub Masih, a Christian, was convicted of blasphemy and sentenced to death in 1998. He was accused by a neighbor of stating that he supported British writer, Salman Rushdie, author of The Satanic Verses. Interesting isnt it ,, you say you think Salman Rushdie was right an off goes your head. Later it was found out it was just a neighbor wanting his land.
I'll tell you a story. A country named USA wanted oil and attacked other country called iraq . But iraqi leader was a clever one and he blow up all the oil wells before US army arrived. so the US army who wasn't expecting this left. 10 years later they started a propaganda against Iraq in which they said Iraq have WMDs by which he is gong to destroy the world. And following this hateful media campaign US attacked Iraq killing thousands of civilians and abusing human rights. There were videos of US soldiers human right abused which got deleted don't know why. Perhaps youtube was giving freedom of speech only to americans. anyway this time they came up with firefighting equipment and people specialized with putting out oil fires. they took over Iraq killed iraqi leader named saddam and No weapons of Mass destruction were found. No one was put to justice that who lead to this war and who is responsible for thousands of killing of innocent civilians of Iraq. Because it was US itself lust for oil took those thousands civilian lives.

If you dont mind I will leave it up to world wide organizations to reach conclusions about who has the worlds worst human rights record. According to this report Pakistan has a worst human rights record even then Israel.
I do mind. The members of such organization wont look up at their own countries. and by the way if someone abusing human rights means kashmir is better off than US dont deserve any state because your first president had his own slaves....Ohh wait...first four presidents have its own slaves during presidency period. :woot:

I do mind. The members of such organization wont look up at their own countries. and by the way if someone abusing human rights means kashmir is better off than US dont deserve any state because your first president had his own slaves....Ohh wait...first four presidents have its own slaves during presidency period. :woot:

Sorry I did not realize we were talking about 200 years ago.

I'll tell you a story. A country named USA wanted oil and attacked other country called iraq . But iraqi leader was a clever one and he blow up all the oil wells before US army arrived. so the US army who wasn't expecting this left. 10 years later they started a propaganda against Iraq in which they said Iraq have WMDs by which he is gong to destroy the world. And following this hateful media campaign US attacked Iraq killing thousands of civilians and abusing human rights. There were videos of US soldiers human right abused which got deleted don't know why. Perhaps youtube was giving freedom of speech only to americans. anyway this time they came up with firefighting equipment and people specialized with putting out oil fires. they took over Iraq killed iraqi leader named saddam and No weapons of Mass destruction were found. No one was put to justice that who lead to this war and who is responsible for thousands of killing of innocent civilians of Iraq. Because it was US itself lust for oil took those thousands civilian lives.

Hate to bust your bubble but the oil wells Saddam set on fire were Kuwaits when Saddam invaded that country and the USA along with a number Arab countries drove him out. It was a shame that Islamic countries did not have the courage or the ability to remove Saddam befor he gassed tens of thousands of Kurds, and cost a million lives in the Iraq Iran war. Also the USA gets only about 20 percent of its oil from the middle east, about 16 percent from Saudi Arabia and about 4 percent from all other countries in the middle east including Iraq. So the Iraq war was not about oil.
I seems kind of insane to me for you to be worrying about Americans killing civilians, when you consider that the Taliban have killed more then 25,000 Pakistnis or is it ok for civilians to be killed as long as they are killed by muslims.

Sorry I did not realize we were talking about 200 years ago.
No we are not talking about 200 years ago....we are talking that humanrights voilator dont have the any states joining them......And as Pakistan in only 62 years old and US more than 200 i guess you can see how better we are if we consider first 62 years of US in Human rights voilations.

Hate to bust your bubble but the oil wells Saddam set on fire were Kuwaits when Saddam invaded that country and the USA along with a number Arab countries drove him out. It was a shame that Islamic countries did not have the courage or the ability to remove Saddam befor he gassed tens of thousands of Kurds, and cost a million lives in the Iraq Iran war. Also the USA gets only about 20 percent of its oil from the middle east, about 16 percent from Saudi Arabia and about 4 percent from all other countries in the middle east including Iraq. So the Iraq war was not about oil.
I seems kind of insane to me for you to be worrying about Americans killing civilians, when you consider that the Taliban have killed more then 25,000 Pakistnis or is it ok for civilians to be killed as long as they are killed by muslims.
Sorry to burst your bubble but more than 100000 of PA and FC are in operation against those who killed 25000 Pakistanis. But high number of killing by taliban dont give you the right to kill 1000s of civilians and get away wit it. If anywhere i said that taliban were right in killings do tell me........

Your country is also responsible for the problems faced by the Pakistanis and afghans.So stop acting like all righteous group of people who dropped out of the sky to help Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Your country is also responsible for the problems faced by the Pakistanis and afghans.So stop acting like all righteous group of people who dropped out of the sky to help Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Had United States not interfered in Afghanistan in the 80s, today Afghanistan would have been an Afghan SSR. Americans have their hands red with a lot of unwanted blood which I agree but it was also Pakistan's decision to ally with their government and rush to them the moment Soviets invaded Afghanistan. in a way Afghans had two choices then: Become a Communist state or a republic in the USSR, or side with the United States and remain free. Who was to know that the mujahideen of those days would end up becoming what has become of them today?

If they had refused to support United States and had remained neutral (like us), They would not have been bound by any terms and conditions that they later complained of. When a person signs a contract, he/she's solely responsible to read the terms and conditions of any alliance or treaty before signing it.

For you as an Indian, it is easy to talk and blame United States because you have been Soviet Union's/Russia's close strategic ally for decades. However, think (also Pakistani members here) from a Pakistani Prime Minister's/General's perspective of what choice they had: either remain officially neutral and not participate in a war, or if in an alliance comply by its agreements.

If USSR had gobbled Afghanistan down, Pakistanis today would be in a lurch being stuck between a political rival India and its best friend Soviet Union, without American intervention.

Do you not agree?

Had United States not interfered in Afghanistan in the 80s, today Afghanistan would have been an Afghan SSR. Americans have their hands red with a lot of unwanted blood which I agree but it was also Pakistan's decision to ally with their government and rush to them the moment Soviets invaded Afghanistan. in a way Afghans had two choices then: Become a Communist state or a republic in the USSR, or side with the United States and remain free. Who was to know that the mujahideen of those days would end up becoming what has become of them today?

If they had refused to support United States and had remained neutral (like us), They would not have been bound by any terms and conditions that they later complained of. When a person signs a contract, he/she's solely responsible to read the terms and conditions of any alliance or treaty before signing it.

For you as an Indian, it is easy to talk and blame United States because you have been Soviet Union's/Russia's close strategic ally for decades. However, think (also Pakistani members here) from a Pakistani Prime Minister's/General's perspective of what choice they had: either remain officially neutral and not participate in a war, or if in an alliance comply by its agreements.

If USSR had gobbled Afghanistan down, Pakistanis today would be in a lurch being stuck between a political rival India and its best friend Soviet Union, without American intervention.

Do you not agree?

Don't you think AfghanSSR would be better than Taliban and the mess Afghanistan is in:blink::blink:

Afghan SSR would've been way better then Jihadi Afghanistan.Besides had soviets attacked Pakistan i doubt America would've done something.After all Soviet Prime Minister did one time threaten to Nuke Pakistan off the map of the world but US did not offer us nuclear umbrella.Communism over these so called hypocrite Jihadis or American backed puppets any day in the weak.It's our own fault that we went into America camp during 50's instead of having good relations with Soviets.It is worth mentioning the Soviets offered us weapons in 50's but Pakistan Prime Minister rejected that offer and went to America instead.

Don't you think AfghanSSR would be better than Taliban and the mess Afghanistan is in

As a European and as a non-Muslim, I can agree that Soviet Communism is certainly better than today's Afghanistan. Now ask this same question to the people of this forum who start talking about religion at the drop of a hat.

Afghan SSR would've been way better then Jihadi Afghanistan.

Really!?? Wow! Judging by the amount of religion-centric outlook Pakistanis and Afghans have here in 2010, I would have been shocked that 3 decades ago, Afghans and Pakistanis would have been willing to forsake their religion in the name of Communism.

Soviet government didn't allow religion. Churches, mosques etc were all shut tight either transformed into museums or monuments of government. This means that you cannot do even half the things that you can now. Were your people willing to tolerate that? From what I can see here, I think that answer is a definite no.

As a European and as a non-Muslim, I can agree that Soviet Communism is certainly better than today's Afghanistan. But can you, two countries entwined so much in religion? Ask yourself.

Besides had soviets attacked Pakistan i doubt America would've done something. After all Soviet Prime Minister did one time threaten to Nuke Pakistan off the map of the world but US did not offer us nuclear umbrella.

There's a BIG difference between making a statement and actually doing it. Soviet Union threatened you but they actually attacked Afghanistan. Difference: in the former case, your government went on high alert but in latter, Afghanistan got bombed to stone age.

It's our own fault that we went into America camp during 50's instead of having good relations with Soviets. It is worth mentioning the Soviets offered us weapons in 50's but Pakistan Prime Minister rejected that offer and went to America instead.

You're ready to embrace atheism so openly because now you see these extremist conditions. Think about the pressure of people that was faced by your leaders then especially during that era during which even we Europeans were conservative; were people willing to accept Communism at any stage? Whether or not you chose the Soviet offer or not, that is your problem and it has no connection with Afghan war. There's a four plus decades old difference between the two stages.

You had a choice not to align with United States during the war. New Delhi didn't offer troops to Soviet Union when the war started despite their alignment to them in the Afghan war; you could have done that as well. Without your government's nod, United States couldn't have had any base nearby and their intervention would have been fruitless.

No we are not talking about 200 years ago....we are talking that humanrights voilator dont have the any states joining them......And as Pakistan in only 62 years old and US more than 200 i guess you can see how better we are if we consider first 62 years of US in Human rights voilations.

Lets consider now, not 200 years ago, Pakistan has one of the worse human rights record in the world. Some where in the top 20 out of more then 150 countries. Its hard to belive Blasphemy laws in the 21st century.

As a European and as a non-Muslim, I can agree that Soviet Communism is certainly better than today's Afghanistan. Now ask this same question to the people of this forum who start talking about religion at the drop of a hat.
Afghan SSR does not mean Soviets would convert every one to atheists.

Really!?? Wow! Judging by the amount of religion-centric outlook Pakistanis and Afghans have here in 2010, I would have been shocked that 3 decades ago, Afghans and Pakistanis would have been willing to forsake their religion in the name of Communism.
As mentioned above.You don't have to be a atheist to be a communist.
Soviet government didn't allow religion. Churches, mosques etc were all shut tight either transformed into museums or monuments of government. This means that you cannot do even half the things that you can now. Were your people willing to tolerate that? From what I can see here, I think that answer is a definite no.
Not my people - I am talking about Afghan and i am sure Soviets would've offered some solution for that.

As a European and as a non-Muslim, I can agree that Soviet Communism is certainly better than today's Afghanistan. But can you, two countries entwined so much in religion? Ask yourself.
Look there is a difference between having good relations with soviets and openly embracing Communism.You're mixing two different things.India had good relations with Soviets.Did Soviets convert all Hindus to atheists?

There's a BIG difference between making a statement and actually doing it. Soviet Union threatened you but they actually attacked Afghanistan. Difference: in the former case, your government went on high alert but in latter, Afghanistan got bombed to stone age.
Was not talking about 80's era.It is way back in 60's when a U2 flying for US from Pakistani base was shot down over USSR.Then Khrushchev openly threatened Pakistan.US State Department was silent except that their lie that it was a weather plane was caught and they were caught pants down and you wonder why Pakistanis don't trust the US.

You're ready to embrace atheism so openly because now you see these extremist conditions. Think about the pressure of people that was faced by your leaders then especially during that era during which even we Europeans were conservative; were people willing to accept Communism at any stage? Whether or not you chose the Soviet offer or not, that is your problem and it has no connection with Afghan war. There's a four plus decades old difference between the two stages.
I am talking about 50's when Pakistan was newly born and same with India.USSR tried to establish good relations with Pakistan first but it was snubbed by Pakistan and they developed very strong relations with India after that - Now Soviets did not have a string attached for improving relations that said hey you can only by our friends if you accept communism in your country.That is utterly wrong.Besides Pakistan was much more liberal in 50's/60's/70's.There was no such thing as extremism back then and our society was largely liberal.In fact even today it is largely liberal except a fraction of people.

You had a choice not to align with United States during the war. New Delhi didn't offer troops to Soviet Union when the war started despite their alignment to them in the Afghan war; you could have done that as well. Without your government's nod, United States couldn't have had any base nearby and their intervention would have been fruitless.
US did not have any Military base in Pakistan during 80's.and i was talking about 50's.It was US who largely created a situation in Afghanistan due to which Soviets invaded Afghanistan (Refer to Brzezinski statement)

Afghan SSR does not mean Soviets would convert every one to atheists.

And what makes you think that was not a big possibility? Fear? Apprehension? Soviets had neither as a world superpower then. On becoming an SSR, education system was made in Russian language, the children were taught Soviet curriculum that had no place for any religious studies. Any religious studies was prohibited and illegal. Ask a Soviet-era student ethnic Russian how much he knew about his Orthodox Christianity during his years in school and you will know.

As mentioned above.You don't have to be a atheist to be a communist.

Oh really? Just try celebrating one of your festivals in public or just re-attempt to open a closed Mosque in a true Communist country (today's example: North Korea)--you'd know right away. Contemporary Chinese Communism isn't Communism that Soviets had followed. Don't confuse them. Chinese learnt from the Soviet fall and the Tienanmen Square Massacre that people should be granted certain freedoms to ensure a survival of their government. Soviets on the other hand were too powerful to be defeated by public revolts and therefore followed state Communism and Atheism

Your Mujahideen were fearful about losing culture and religion and therefore the Soviet-war became an amalgamation of so many external factors.

Look there is a difference between having good relations with soviets and openly embracing Communism.You're mixing two different things.India had good relations with Soviets.Did Soviets convert all Hindus to atheists?

India didn't have a country on its borders being run over by an ideology-themed superpower. You had. There's a stark difference. I am asking you something now:

What was your option THEN at the moment Soviets attacked Afghanistan other than requesting United States to intervene?

Forget about should have would have been and other possible wishful thinking of better relations with Soviets 60 years ago.

Was not talking about 80's era.It is way back in 60's when a U2 flying for US from Pakistani base was shot down over USSR.Then Khrushchev openly threatened Pakistan.US State Department was silent except that their lie that it was a weather plane was caught and they were caught pants down and you wonder why Pakistanis don't trust the US.

I am aware of the incident. Moscow had no interest in you later because New Delhi had already aligned itself with them. With you rushing off to the American camp, naturally they were to treat you as adversaries.

I am talking about 50's when Pakistan was newly born and same with India.USSR tried to establish good relations with Pakistan first but it was snubbed by Pakistan and they developed very strong relations with India after that - Now Soviets did not have a string attached for improving relations that said hey you can only by our friends if you accept communism in your country.That is utterly wrong.Besides Pakistan was much more liberal in 50's/60's/70's.There was no such thing as extremism back then and our society was largely liberal.In fact even today it is largely liberal except a fraction of people.

Of course they didn't have a string attached of accepting Communism. But from my readings, Socialism was widespread in your neighbourhood and the Indians seemingly had a fervent admiration for it as compared to the right wing leanings that was there in your country at that time.

The rest, I partly agree with you. Today you society isn't as liberal as you are saying because of youth being brainwashed by extremists.

US did not have any Military base in Pakistan during 80's.and i was talking about 50's.It was US who largely created a situation in Afghanistan due to which Soviets invaded Afghanistan (Refer to Brzezinski statement

Okay fine, I accept it was American creation. But you still don't understand my question:

Did the Pakistani government have an alternative to the conditions in 80s (forget the 50s) other than run to the American government for cover and ask them to get involved?

Because in the thirty years time between 50s and 80s, there was a great diplomatic rift between you and Kremlin and latter perceived you as an American puppet. Your choice was not to offer any support to the Americans in the form of manpower of Mujahideen and you could have kept totally out of the Afghan affairs, while simultaneously contacting Moscow and announcing your official neutrality in the Afghan war. That could have made a huge difference.

To cap it all:

Americans created the situation in 50s, your leaders chose American hand instead of Kremlin's;

During the Soviet war you had the option to remain militarily and ideologically neutral and therefore ask Americans to tackle Russians on their own, which you didn't.

Because of the facing retaliation of Mujahideen (funded by Americans and trained by you) and combat losses, Soviet air force started doing bomb raids and their famed 'scorch earth' tactics turning Afghanistan to rubble.

Possible solution then: You could have refused cooperation with Americans, declared neutrality, let Soviets take over Afghanistan and establish Afghan SSR (from this thread's perspective) and Afghanistan could have been a better place.

Isn't it?

So whom would you continue to blame? United States who had in this case "come to save you" from a potential Soviet invasion? Or your own country's government who had the choice of even last moment neutrality to reject help to Americans in first place and therefore not turn Afghanistan into what it is today?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom