What's new

Pakistan rejects reports of nuclear insecurity

That decision was based on the requirement and on merits.

Sometimes I have sever difficulty understand the Indian higher than thou mentality...looks like the shadow of caste system even affect the indian understanding of world political affairs!

I understand however, my reply was intended to rebut the poster's notion that it takes "One Phone Call" to bully Pakistan.
I hope you will see it in light of the continuing discussion.

Indians don't think in a way that, If they had a 2000+ Km border with Afghanistan, they would have acted the same way.

This is brilliant strategy considering the danger to Pak nukes is not from Taliban but from overbearing UNCLE SAM. The nukes are not put together with all the component parts together. Even if Taliban get their hands on fissile material , they would'nt know what to do with it. Fissile materials are useless without the Detonation apparatus.

I am really shocked how easily you say this !!! This attitude of pakistani think tank gives gitters to the world and uncle sam the "rights" to claim the nukes are unsafe in Pakistan !!!

I agree shifting Nukes in vans with no security may just be a western propoganda but you claiming that access to Taliban to fissile material without detonators is no big deal is a huge blunder!!!

I am really shocked how easily you say this !!! This attitude of pakistani think tank gives gitters to the world and uncle sam the "rights" to claim the nukes are unsafe in Pakistan !!!

I agree shifting Nukes in vans with no security may just be a western propoganda but you claiming that access to Taliban to fissile material without detonators is no big deal is a huge blunder!!!

I agree with him. Without neutron gun detonation mechanism, the next best thing they can do with this fissile material is to pack it into a van with explosives and detonate it in the centre of a market. This will result in much of the material disintegrating, the remainder will result in a localized radiation hot-spot, that can be cleaned up.

Sometimes I have sever difficulty understand the Indian higher than thou mentality...looks like the shadow of caste system even affect the indian understanding of world political affairs!

Why this nutcase is allowed even the forum, where people cant talk in a civilised way?

One question how does this person know nukes are carried round in vans like this? does he have inside knowledge and 2nd thing if he does know should he not be put on treason for disclosing state secrets?

Please try to understand the context of post ... He isn't really saying that fissile material will/should fall into the hands of Taliban but rather discussing a situation in if even they were to get the nukes , there's no way they can detonate it ... they just wont know what to do with it ... Nukes are not ordinary explosives which anybody can explode rather it requires specialized codes and knowledge way beyond the mentality of some cave dwellers ...

One question how does this person know nukes are carried round in vans like this? does he have inside knowledge and 2nd thing if he does know should he not be put on treason for disclosing state secrets?

I agree with you, I have said same before. How possible they know or assumptions.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...reports-nuclear-insecurity-2.html#post2262220
-------------------------------------------

‘Nuclear assets to be secured at all costs’

ISLAMABAD: The Strategic Plans Division has assured that the country’s nuclear installations and assets will be safeguarded at all costs.

Addressing the passing out parade of newly-trained officials of the SPD, its director-general security Major General Muhammad Tahir said that the 700 new officials have completed their training to serve at the division.

According to an Inter-Services Public Relations press statement, he said that a powerful and independent force has been prepared to face all kinds of threats. He said that the newly-inducted members have completed a six-month training programme.

The SPD has already completed a comprehensive plan under which 8,000 people were inducted in the Nuclear Security Force.

Writers Jeffrey Goldberg and Marc Ambinder, for the US magazine The Atlantic, claimed that Pakistan is “an obvious place” for militants to seek nuclear weapons or materials because of a weak government and infiltration of its security forces by militant sympathisers.

Published in The Express Tribune, November 7th, 2011.

Pakistan dubs report of nuke vulnerability ‘pure fiction’ :laugh:

288806-mizialPHOTOFILE-1320603406-582-640x480.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Islamabad squarely dismissed allegations regarding the vulnerability of its nuclear arsenal, saying such reports are ‘pure fiction, baseless and motivated.’

An article published recently in an American journal, The Atlantic, said Pakistan’s nuclear weapons are vulnerable to theft by militants because the country has begun moving them around to hide them from US spy agencies.

Foreign Office Spokesperson Tehmina Janjua dismissed the contents of the article on Sunday and said “it is part of a deliberate propaganda campaign meant to mislead opinion.”

Surfacing of such campaigns is not something new for Islamabad, Janjua said. “It is orchestrated by quarters that are inimical to Pakistan.”

“No one should underestimate Pakistan’s will and capability to defend its sovereignty, territorial integrity and national interests,” she added.

The article labelled Islamabad as “an ally from hell” and said that much of the world is anxious about the security of Pakistan’s nuclear weapons because it is “an unstable and violent country located at the epicenter of global jihadism, and … has been the foremost supplier of nuclear technology to such rogue states as Iran and North Korea”.

A senior official in the Strategic Plans Divisions (SPD), the department charged with safeguarding Pakistan’s atomic weapons, said the national nuclear establishment is “very strong.”

Secrecy of the nuclear arsenal is ensured at every level, the official said while speaking to The Express Tribune.

“There is also a Strategic Export Control Division at Pakistan’s Foreign Office and an Oversight Board for this division is functioning,” the official said.

“Yet, all these efforts are sidelines by the international community in their passion for labelling Pakistan a dangerous nuclear state,” he added.

The article concluded: “The United States must, for its own security, keep watch over Pakistan’s nuclear program—and that’s more easily done if we remain engaged with the Pakistani government.”

Published in The Express Tribune, November 7th, 2011.

-----------------------------------

For the stupid Atlantic article, the author is Jeff Goldberg.... more lies explanation and old fake pictures in the article.

Jeff Goldberg is a former Israeli prison guard and Israel firster. They see nukes behind every stone to not bring the safety of the Israelis nukes in question. Let us first find out whether Israel nukes are safe or not. These guys have strange notions too. They think nukes can be moved on Camel back and Pakistan only has camels for transportation system. I am surprised that instead of showing who is writing the article, the Pak FO defends itself from the absurd assertions. by Peter

http://www.theatlantic.com/jeffrey-goldberg/

Jeff Goldberg is a former Israeli prison guard and Israel firster. They see nukes behind every stone to not bring the safety of the Israelis nukes in question. Let us first find out whether Israel nukes are safe or not. These guys have strange notions too. They think nukes can be moved on Camel back and Pakistan only has camels for transportation system. I am surprised that instead of showing who is writing the article, the Pak FO defends itself from the absurd assertions. by Peter

Explains that ... You dont ask the Nazis the image of the Fuhrer , Do you ? :hitwall:

Like India's decision to choose the P-8, C-130 and AH-64 ?
I had no idea !

on this subject our decision was purely based on national interest and merits.. you know we even rejected F35 man which Pakistan cant even dream..

Please try to understand the context of post ... He isn't really saying that fissile material will/should fall into the hands of Taliban but rather discussing a situation in if even they were to get the nukes , there's no way they can detonate it ... they just wont know what to do with it ... Nukes are not ordinary explosives which anybody can explode rather it requires specialized codes and knowledge way beyond the mentality of some cave dwellers ...

Where there is a will there is a way , When Terrorists can execute as complex a plan as 9/11 so successfully , they sure can find a way to detonate fissile material or take help of rouge elements within or outside to cause havoc...

Where there is a will there is a way , When Terrorists can execute as complex a plan as 9/11 so successfully , they sure can find a way to detonate fissile material or take help of rouge elements within or outside to cause havoc...
Flying a plane is easy ... Detonating a nuke without authorization impossible :no: and why exactly Pakistan ? After the collapse of Soviet Union , dozens of nuke went missing ... Iran is alleged to purchase several of them so comparing to that we start looking like angels :azn:

Flying a plane is easy ... Detonating a nuke without authorization impossible :no: and why exactly Pakistan ? After the collapse of Soviet Union , dozens of nuke went missing ... Iran is alleged to purchase several of them so comparing to that we start looking like angels :azn:

because Pakistan scares the drumbeaters. It is known to have a powerful and well oiled army. Its about the only think that is so well oiled. It scares our foes chronic to the point of these stories being thrown into the journals. They feel more stories of this nature to discredit Pakistan is beneficial for propaganda to be stalked up against our nation. I am not blinded by patriotism - in fact far from it. However i am proud to know and say our nukes are very very safe. So guys having wet dreams - relax no need to be Afridi at all! :azn:

Back
Top Bottom