What's new

Pakistan rejects reports of nuclear insecurity

If there is only ONE thing in Pakistan that can be relied upon, it is the security of the nuclear weapons. It would be quixotic for anyone to use a perceived lack of security to advocate taking the weapons "out".
Goldberg wrote that ordinary delivery vans were used. That doesn't rule out a pack of concealed security men, I suppose.

But the Atlantic article also points out that weapons were being transported this way whole - completely assembled with fuel and triggering mechanisms. That means someone could easily arrange the theft of a nuclear weapon - or, if inferior designs are used, the bomb could partially explode in a vehicle collision. (I recall a newspaper story of one Chinese pilot who said his colleagues greatly feared the hydrogen bomb his aircraft was carrying could explode not just in a collision but due to static electricity.)

Is there anyone other than the SPD who evaluates the risks of their new procedures to the bombs themselves?

Gullible and propaganda fed Pakistanis believe almost anything, it seems. That's what's been coming back to bite you the past few years. Unless you change course sharply, it's going to get worse - and since that course change isn't happening at the top, isn't it going to have to start at the bottom - with you?
Well i can assure you that it wasn't Pakistani media who was going all paranoid and haywire over WMD's and also it wasn't our secretary of state who made fool of the whole world showing anthrax vials in UN ... Why do i remember WMD's ? Because it was the main rationale presented by the US before going to war ... were these ever found ?

The use of force by a state is prohibited by Article 2 (4) of the UN Charter. The only exceptions are with Security Council authorization under Chapter VII, which was not obtained, or in self-defence against an armed attack by another state under Article 51; Iraq never attacked either state. On September 16, 2004 Kofi Annan, the Secretary General of the United Nations, said of the invasion, "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view, from the charter point of view, it was illegal."[6]

Two of the arguments used to justify the invasion of Iraq — the capability to produce and/or the possession of weapons of mass destruction and active links to al Qaeda — have been found to be incorrect according to all subsequent official reports.[25][26][27]

From the link you gave me ... Bothered to read it whole ? what sort of excuse is that we attacked Iraq because we dont like Saddam ? Propaganda fed aren't you ?

Well i can assure you that it wasn't Pakistani media who was going all paranoid and haywire over WMD's and also it wasn't our secretary of state who made fool of the whole world showing anthrax vials in UN ... Why do i remember WMD's ? Because it was the main rationale presented by the US before going to war ... were these ever found ?

The use of force by a state is prohibited by Article 2 (4) of the UN Charter. The only exceptions are with Security Council authorization under Chapter VII, which was not obtained, or in self-defence against an armed attack by another state under Article 51; Iraq never attacked either state. On September 16, 2004 Kofi Annan, the Secretary General of the United Nations, said of the invasion, "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view, from the charter point of view, it was illegal."[6]

Two of the arguments used to justify the invasion of Iraq — the capability to produce and/or the possession of weapons of mass destruction and active links to al Qaeda — have been found to be incorrect according to all subsequent official reports.[25][26][27]

From the link you gave me ... Bothered to read it whole ? what sort of excuse is that we attacked Iraq because we dont like Saddam ? Propaganda fed aren't you ?
Mr. Annan's opinions are not law. The last UNSC resolution before the invasion explicitly stated it was the FINAL demand for Saddam's compliance. There was no need for any member state to go back to the Security Council for authorization after that.

So from this example of your thinking it's a matter of Pakistanis selecting only the arguments that favor their own point of view, rather than seeking the whole picture. You're thinking like one of Stalin's prosecutors in a show trial and you don't see anything wrong with that? You don't think that's a factor in Pakistan reaching the point it's at today?

Goldberg wrote that ordinary delivery vans were used. That doesn't rule out a pack of concealed security men, I suppose.

But the Atlantic article also points out that weapons were being transported this way whole - completely assembled with fuel and triggering mechanisms. That means someone could easily arrange the theft of a nuclear weapon - or, if inferior designs are used, the bomb could partially explode in a vehicle collision.

Is there anyone other than the SPD who evaluates the risks of their new procedures to the bombs themselves?

and surely Goldberg is not demigod who words are to be believed entirely like some holy book right ? :rofl: Do you think that we will travel nukes by carts when we have underground facilities and Soviet style trucks ? :lol: What bounds does stupidity know ? Do Americans believe anything said by their media ? :what:

and surely Goldberg is not demigod who words are to be believed entirely like some holy book right ?
He's a reporter who uses sources. I've never heard of him embellishing or fictionalizing his reporting - which is what you're trying to imply by making fun of him.

What is your responsibility as a Pakistani citizen, Secur? Is it to make fun of foreigners or to work to ensure a safer community and prosperous country?

But the Atlantic article also points out that weapons were being transported this way whole - completely assembled with fuel and triggering mechanisms. That means someone could easily arrange the theft of a nuclear weapon - or, if inferior designs are used, the bomb could partially explode in a vehicle collision. (I recall a newspaper story of one Chinese pilot who said his colleagues greatly feared the hydrogen bomb his aircraft was carrying could explode not just in a collision but due to static electricity.)

Completely assembled with fuel and triggering mechanisms :rofl:

did they gave any reason why they were completely assembled? because it sounds b***sh*t

Mr. Annan's opinions are not law. The last UNSC resolution before the invasion explicitly stated it was the FINAL demand for Saddam's compliance. There was no need for any member state to go back to the Security Council for authorization after that.

So from this example of your thinking it's a matter of Pakistanis selecting only the arguments that favor their own point of view, rather than seeking the whole picture. You're thinking like one of Stalin's prosecutors in a show trial and you don't see anything wrong with that? You don't think that's a factor in Pakistan reaching the point it's at today?
Neither are the bullshit reports of your media !!! American Govt made a fool of the whole world manipulating opinions to fit their needs ... The sme why no WMD's or Chemical weapons were never found nor any links with Al Qaeda proven ... All arguments favor our point of view that Iraq war was illegal , an example of exploitation of media to spread propaganda , to attack an otherwise non threatening country ... Its more like Americans believing with Blind eyes whatever their media tells them

did they gave any reason why they were completely assembled? because it sounds b***sh*t

Hollywood has made a lot of popular movies around the theme of stolen nuclear weapons..now they think its time to do it in reality..if every nuclear weapons were stolen by rouge outfit..america will have no balls to snatch them back

He's a reporter who uses sources. I've never heard of him embellishing or fictionalizing his reporting - which is what you're trying to imply by making fun of him.

What is your responsibility as a Pakistani citizen, Secur? Is it to make fun of foreigners or to work to ensure a safer community and prosperous country?

You still with that non-sense, are really stuck on stupid Solomon2 or has the bombardment of drone attacks has rendered you to become retarded ?

Seriously Solomon if you havent figure that one yet, this is a Military Discussion forum not comedy outlet session.

Hollywood has made a lot of popular movies around the theme of stolen nuclear weapons..now they think its time to do it in reality..if every nuclear weapons were stolen by rouge outfit..america will have no balls to snatch them back

but even in those movies the weapons where assembled for a reason. (they was a war or something else) or what the hijackers did in those movies was the forced the staff to assemble the weapon

they have not provided anythig like that in this new story. :rofl:

I'd love to buy a nuke from sabzi mandi. I believe they are sold for Rs. 40 per kilo. The same price as onions.

I wonder whether we'll have carrot sized mini-nukes in the future. That would be some technology.
U know what , why CIA and the western media is crying so much about our nukes that they getting carried out in the carts and vans because they can't steel them now. They are scared to come to our Sabzi Mandis and buy them cuz our common pplz gonna beat theirs @$$z. Today I'm gonna go and buy some Nukes from our sabzi Mundi and put on a display in my backyard. anybody wants them I can share them, cuz I'm not mean. any country needs them I can lend them for free without any charge or rent. I guess I can even give to Mr. Fareed Zakaria too so that he can show our Nukes to the whole world that they are so cheap now. everybody can buy them dirt cheap....:lol:

U know what , why CIA and the western media is crying so much about our nukes that they getting carried out in the carts and vans because they can't steel them now. They are scared to come to our Sabzi Mandis and buy them cuz our common pplz gonna beat theirs @$$z. Today I'm gonna go and buy some Nukes from our sabzi Mundi and put on a display in my backyard. anybody wants them I can share them, cuz I'm not mean. any country needs them I can lend them for free without any charge or rent. I guess I can even give to Mr. Fareed Zakaria too so that he can show our Nukes to the whole world that they are so cheap now. everybody can buy them dirt cheap....:lol:

i need a kilo ( is it enough for cooking my goat? )

Oh there has been a breaking news early in the morning on GEO NEWS Network that our scientists developed a new technology that now our farmers can grow Nukes within their fields....Oh my God what an excellent breakthrough in Nukes technology. The news said that now even the farmers will be self sufficient within the nukes technology. Pakistan decided to share this technology only to the third world and poor countries cuz they need to make money as the western world is already rich they don't need to make more money.....Excellent Pakistan excellent! U doing the great jobs and thumbs up to AQ khan for for helping us so much....:)

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

i need a kilo ( is it enough for cooking my goat? )
According to the BBC news network and especially by Farid Zakaria 1 Kilo of Nuke is enough to cook the whole country , U just talking about ure one goat....:lol:

Neither are the bullshit reports of your media !!! American Govt made a fool of -
Get a grip, man! Even if you believe what you say is true, when you have to go back 8 years to find a lie told by an American policymaker but only a day to find one told by a Pakistani minister you should be able to deduce which side your subconscious is telling you commands more "truth" than the other - and give more conscious thought to what causes, exactly, you should be loyal to and openly advocate.

Now you're on to something. Why did his sources tell Goldberg that this is how Pakistan is transporting its nukes?

The reason is pretty obvious. The sources are putting Pakistan on notice: if there is some "unexplained" or "terrorist" nuclear attack somewhere in the world, it is highly likely that Pakistan will be considered its home address and the country can expect retribution as a result.

Now Pakistan not only has to worry about its own nukes, but those of any of the other "rogue" states out there: Iran, North Korea, Burma, Syria. Even if one of them sets one off somewhere, Pakistan is going to get it afterward.

Do you think the pursuit of "strategic depth" through terrorism is still a great idea?

Back
Top Bottom