What's new

Pakistan rejects $2 billion investment in Thar coal

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Billion,really are u kidding me, are u people really out of ur mind.

Finally Zahid Hamid was right about this deal, and it was he who brought this deal to light.

He is genuine Defense Analyst. Thats y some ***** dont like him.

Its Pakistan's property not any others dig ur own grounds.

ArcelorMittal is a private firm they got assets all over the world, this has little to do with India but more about making $$

ArcelorMittal is the world's leading integrated steel and mining company, with a presence in more than 60 countries.

Lets admit it...

We require investment, Pakistan has plenty coal reserves, untapped and undiscovered, had they have accepted their proposal, we'd still have much untapped and undiscovered reserves, but by doing so we could have had some nice profit and investment in our country. I'd rather then then see govts come and go and leave the reserves as they are.

Not to mention, if we supply them coal, we can use this to our political advantage.

bad decision

spend a day in hot summers without electricity and you will be thanking me here .. there is zero power , its messed up .. so any natural resources pakistanis should benefit first. We need power in our homes and businesses before any ones frigin industry... btw so you really think we will ever be able to see a penny off the 2 billion ?? come and see the ground reality brother things are dire and people are tired

Pakistanis are so hard headed they cannot even realize it when a good offer is given, this is why India is rising and pakistan is falling apart.

Talking abt energy needs guys . ... A bit off topic , so apologies in advance -
Russian company Gazprom and Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation have joined hands to build oil/gas refineries etc in Nigeria ,.. and I salute the courage of the Russians to come up with a name nigerians cant do sh!t about , the company is called `NIGGAZ` Irony is a ______ (fill in the blank)

2 Billion,really are u kidding me, are u people really out of ur mind.

Finally Zahid Hamid was right about this deal, and it was he who brought this deal to light.

He is genuine Defense Analyst. Thats y some ***** dont like him.
Its Pakistan's property not any others dig ur own grounds.

You my friend need to dig your own mind and look into your conscience cause it’s out of whack. :cheesy:

Arcelor mittal is not India based, its investment in India is marginal. I am not sure coal is for any Indian plant.
Santro, I dont think you will gain any leverage by supplying it to an Indian businessman, beyond the pressure that company can put on GoI if something happens.
If it was tata or ambanis, it will make some sense.

Here it is from the horse's mouth...

We are not an Indian MNC: Aditya Mittal

TOI Photo)LONDON: Aditya Mittal, son of LN Mittal and heir apparent to the giant merged company that is the world's number one steel producer, has finally challenged patriotic Indians' insistence ArcelorMittal is an "Indian MNC".

"We are not an Indian multi-national", ArcelorMittal's CFO declared late on Wednesday, in response to a question from TOI. Mittal added that despite "the whole family having Indian passports and of course, we go back (to India) often, we are not an Indian company, in fact we never saw India as an opportunity".
We are not an Indian MNC: Aditya Mittal - Times Of India

pakistan should use this resource to develop its own resources not export it for one off payment

Correction: He is an Indian citizen.
I am proud to be Indian: L N Mittal

He's british First not Indian, like American Indians are American first, again Indians need to stop taking credit for something on foreign Indians. on topic Pakistanis are so hard headed they cannot even realize it when a good offer is given, this is why India is rising and pakistan is falling apart.

He's british First not Indian, like American Indians are American first, again Indians need to stop taking credit for something on foreign Indians. on topic Pakistanis are so hard headed they cannot even realize it when a good offer is given, this is why India is rising and pakistan is falling apart.
No India does not allow dual citizenship. He is solely a citizen of India(He and his kids have Indian passports not even Pravas Bharatiya cards). His residency is British though. I did not say we should take credit for his achievements. I just stated a fact. His citizenship has no bearing on his investments in India or abroad. We should not expect much from his company as he is responsible for only his shareholders in making investment decisions.

spend a day in hot summers without electricity and you will be thanking me here .. there is zero power , its messed up .. so any natural resources pakistanis should benefit first. We need power in our homes and businesses before any ones frigin industry... btw so you really think we will ever be able to see a penny off the 2 billion ?? come and see the ground reality brother things are dire and people are tired

Pakistan's energy generation ability is more then enough for all Pakistanis, a small chunk of coal reserves in return for major investment, since we supply them with coal it gives us the advantage as suppliers if things with India aren't going too well.

The lack of energy is not because our energy development prospects are being sold off, it's because the govt isn't doing enough to invest in it themselves.

I stick with my views, bad decision.

I hope this does not mean that these projects don't continue. Pakistan desperately needs to invest in these projects.

It's not a bad decision. Can't afford to give an assignment to a Bharati company headed by a Bharati to invest in an area very close to Bharati border. Nope. Doesn't sound like a great idea.

It's not a bad decision. Can't afford to give an assignment to a Bharati company headed by a Bharati to invest in an area very close to Bharati border. Nope. Doesn't sound like a great idea.

Yeah wise Idea. Don't do business with Indians. Use your resources for your politicians growth all the best.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

China should invest or maybe Russia too...

Best false flagger after Rikshaw driver..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom