What's new

Pakistan rejects $2 billion investment in Thar coal

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone go to SC to challenge this decision, on grounds of inviting FDI to the country?

yes why not 17 crrore are free to go SC who stop them? check daily how many cases go every bloody case is in SC .

yes why not 17 crrore are free to go SC who stop them? check daily how many cases go every bloody case is in SC .

sorry for the state of affairs imran prah, hope things turn better

(btw our courts are in the same condition so I understand the pain)

i understand that my brother, that is the beauty of democracy, but not too long will the Government take to prove to the court what decession it has made is not a emotional one but a very inteligent one to promote the economy, reduce undemployment of Pakistan, etc.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

i dont believe that brother, the educate masses are more wiser and they belive in peace and prosperity for Pakistan as you can see in this thread it self only 3 Pakistani members have wecomed the rejection, the rest all are inteligent and business minded.

You are looking at a country where the literacy rate isnt much to be talked about.
Moreover.. many members of parliament and other "bigwigs" have vested interests.
I can assure you with complete conviction that the person who would file a petition in the SC if such a scenario took place would be somebody who has a lot to loose if the contract goes elsewhere.
None of these slimy goons gives a rats bum about Pakistan, it only their interests they are after.
Most of the public(not their fault) are ripe to be fed sugar coated piles of dung and they will eat it willingly. As emotional hearsay holds more credibility than dull factual logic.

You are looking at a country where the literacy rate isnt much to be talked about.
Moreover.. many members of parliament and other "bigwigs" have vested interests.
I can assure you with complete conviction that the person who would file a petition in the SC if such a scenario took place would be somebody who has a lot to loose if the contract goes elsewhere.
None of these slimy goons gives a rats bum about Pakistan, it only their interests they are after.
Most of the public(not their fault) are ripe to be fed sugar coated piles of dung and they will eat it willingly. As emotional hearsay holds more credibility than dull factual logic.
to be frank INDIA is too in the same state and the poor of the nation do the same what you have told about yours.
its their ignorance on which the polititians ride to achive thier vested intersts.
I pray that the rotten political system gets step by step cleaned and people and country are put first in both the nations.

If my memory serves me well Mr. Mittal was also interested in Pakistan steel mills!

"In the offer, it was said that the coal obtained from Thar would be used by the company ArcelorMittal's steel plants situated in India and other countries," the website added.

The official of the Sindh government, which is associated with the Thar coal project, said the reason why ArcelorMittal had expressed an interest in the venture was low cost of Pakistani coal.

"Indian demand for coal is increasing rapidly and Thar coal can be a cheap source of energy for Indian industries," the official was quoted as saying.

Thats a very stupid proposal .. any one with a single brain cell knows Pakistans energy sectors thirst for energy ... acceptance of a such a proposal will be final nail in PPP coffin forever .. also personally i think this is very cheeky of mittal and co

Thats a very stupid proposal .. any one with a single brain cell knows Pakistans energy sectors thirst for energy ... acceptance of a such a proposal will be final nail in PPP coffin forever .. also personally i think this is very cheeky of mittal and co

Lets admit it...

We require investment, Pakistan has plenty coal reserves, untapped and undiscovered, had they have accepted their proposal, we'd still have much untapped and undiscovered reserves, but by doing so we could have had some nice profit and investment in our country. I'd rather then then see govts come and go and leave the reserves as they are.

Not to mention, if we supply them coal, we can use this to our political advantage.

bad decision

Lets admit it...

We require investment, Pakistan has plenty coal reserves, untapped and undiscovered, had they have accepted their proposal, we'd still have much untapped and undiscovered reserves, but by doing so we could have had some nice profit and investment in our country. I'd rather then then see govts come and go and leave the reserves as they are.

Not to mention, if we supply them coal, we can use this to our political advantage.

bad decision

agreed, partners who make money together become less inclined to make war.

ooh no where will we buy now coal from ? its a economic disaster for our steel industry ... mittal will just close his industry and go cry about his unfullfilled dream....
:cry:

Well what they do with the coal is not my concern. We are in no position to curtail India's growing economy anyway. What we must focus is to increase our growth rate which will ultimately lead to decrease in unemployment rate and higher tax collection. By this investment if we can achieve these goals I don't care if the coal is exported to India or any other nation.

PS: India already has abundance of coalfields and its not like they will die if they don't get this project in Pakistan... and if Lakshmi Mittal is interested to invest in Pakistan and if it is in the favour of Pakistan, why not go for it?

Exactly and it defeats the purpose of Pakistan granting India as the most favored nation MFN when you hesitate in conducting even business. Gees hatred towards us runs so deep that you guys prefer to eat grass than worry about your population, economy and tackle inflation :disagree: as you wish. A bunch of shortsighted people really blur the vision for those who are long sighted. This could also promote a starting point for peace and prosperity through trade I hope common sense prevails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom