What's new

Pakistan refuses to revoke Adnan Sami’s nationality, Seeks Official Apology for disrespecting

Pakistan refuses to revoke Adnan Sami’s nationality
By Zahid Gishkori
Published: November 11, 2015
989076-adnansamikhan-1447213586-873-640x480.JPG

Officials demand ‘unconditional apology’ for disrespecting green passport. PHOTOS: PUBLICITY

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has refused to confirm renunciation of nationality by its India-based singer Adnan Sami over his alleged disrespectful behaviour towards his national identity.

Authorities have refused to issue the “renunciation of citizenship certificate” to the famous singer in a move which can hurt his efforts to adopt the Indian nationality. The certificate is necessary for any Pakistani citizen who wants to adopt the citizenship of any other country.

2000.jpg

Officials dealing with his renunciation process said on Tuesday the refusal came after the singer threw away his nationality documents. “Why would we issue the certificate to a man who has no respect for ‘sacred’ documents,” a senior officer of the interior ministry told The Express Tribune.

“I don’t need the green passport anymore. I have found my home in India,” the official quoted a line from a letter, said to have been written by Sami, attached with his Pakistani passport posted to Pakistan’s High Commission in New Delhi. Officials said the Pakistani singer would now have to submit an unconditional apology for his behaviour and follow the correct procedure for getting the renunciation certificate.

Sami, 42, had approached the Indian home ministry for exemption from deportation on humanitarian grounds five months ago. India has allowed the singer to stay in the country for an indefinite period.

Meanwhile, more than 2,000 Pakistanis have renounced their citizenship this year alone. An estimated 3,400 cases of renunciation have been handled in the past five years, immigration officials recently told a parliamentary panel.

Published in The Express Tribune, November 11th, 2015.

well I must say as per my experince pakistan embassies staff are werst to deal with and for sami case I agree with them we should not allow him to get back to pakistan he disrepected the country who feeded him in bad times

Pakistan refuses to revoke Adnan Sami’s nationality
By Zahid Gishkori
Published: November 11, 2015
989076-adnansamikhan-1447213586-873-640x480.JPG

Officials demand ‘unconditional apology’ for disrespecting green passport. PHOTOS: PUBLICITY

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has refused to confirm renunciation of nationality by its India-based singer Adnan Sami over his alleged disrespectful behaviour towards his national identity.

Authorities have refused to issue the “renunciation of citizenship certificate” to the famous singer in a move which can hurt his efforts to adopt the Indian nationality. The certificate is necessary for any Pakistani citizen who wants to adopt the citizenship of any other country.

2000.jpg

Officials dealing with his renunciation process said on Tuesday the refusal came after the singer threw away his nationality documents. “Why would we issue the certificate to a man who has no respect for ‘sacred’ documents,” a senior officer of the interior ministry told The Express Tribune.

“I don’t need the green passport anymore. I have found my home in India,” the official quoted a line from a letter, said to have been written by Sami, attached with his Pakistani passport posted to Pakistan’s High Commission in New Delhi. Officials said the Pakistani singer would now have to submit an unconditional apology for his behaviour and follow the correct procedure for getting the renunciation certificate.

Sami, 42, had approached the Indian home ministry for exemption from deportation on humanitarian grounds five months ago. India has allowed the singer to stay in the country for an indefinite period.

Meanwhile, more than 2,000 Pakistanis have renounced their citizenship this year alone. An estimated 3,400 cases of renunciation have been handled in the past five years, immigration officials recently told a parliamentary panel.

You know a country is in deep deep s**t if its whole existence is tied to "I am NOT XXXXX." In this case XXXXX = India. Their response here is like that of an invitee (Pak) to a party hosted by (Adnan) where the host slaps and insults the guest (Pak) and asks him to leave the party. But the "self respecting" guess refuses to leave until he gets a heartfelt apology from the host.:-)

Are you illiterate?
Do you know the meaning of the word? I guess not.....

I said as in the article even quoted it...Not my fault you cant read past 1-2 lines or it maybe difficult...Which mind you in English is called an illiterate!
How does that mean he threw it away?
I never said the passport...I said documents as per the article!

It looks like a pakistani definition, where returning is throwing away, throwing ink is terrorism and mass murder of civilians is charity.
and the illiteracy comes to full swing from an indian as expected!

Typical indians and their inability to read despite claiming literacy!
after the singer threw away his nationality documents
and follow the correct procedure

well I must say as per my experince pakistan embassies staff are werst to deal with and for sami case I agree with them we should not allow him to get back to pakistan he disrepected the country who feeded him in bad times
But he DOESN'T WANT to come back to Pak. Don't you get the message?

Traitor ? How he traited Pakistan ? It is his wish to stay here or not. You cannot create trouble him just because he is a celebrity. GOP is acting stupid here.
Not stupid but "normal". And also FYI not "acting." :-)

You know a country is in deep deep s**t if its whole existence is tied to "I am NOT XXXXX." In this case XXXXX = India. Their response here is like that of an invitee (Pak) to a party hosted by (Adnan) where the host slaps and insults the guest (Pak) and asks him to leave the party. But the "self respecting" guess refuses to leave until he gets a heartfelt apology from the host.:-)
we saw the respect SRK got...he craves the same ;)

Traitor ? How he traited Pakistan ? It is his wish to stay here or not. You cannot create trouble him just because he is a celebrity. GOP is acting stupid here.
then use proper channels....why behave above the law?

Read OP
after the singer threw away his nationality documents
and follow the correct procedure

SRK is a hero to Indians. When stopped at airport in US the GOI protested and got the US to apologize! Get your facts right Pal.
superhero asked to go to Pakistan after being called ISI agent? Yup my facts are right!

then use proper channels....why behave above the law?

Read OP

I have gone through OP. No need to make mole out of a mountain. Did he go to Pakistani Embassy and threw Pakistan Passport on someone's face ? “I don’t need the green passport anymore. I have found my home in India,” What is wrong with it ?

Iam of the opinion...........Pak Embassy have made a mistake.......they must sign his request without creating any fuss and getting the access in MEDIA.
Khus kum jaha pak
he was British raised Pakistani (former) who prefer to choose his allegiance towards India.....it is ONE event out of millions happens all over the world......Lets bury the hatchet here and plan for another day

superhero asked to go to Pakistan after being called ISI agent? Yup my facts are right!

You have a very bad habbit of diverting the topic when you don't have answers whereas when you open any thread about PMLN, you keep on writing not to discuss about PTI. What SRK has to do with Adnan thread ? May I ask you please ?

Good decision. Why? Because once a disloyal is always a disloyal & this guy gave up on Pakistan. Ran after Indian nationality & after seeing no value, no respect, & no rights. He wants it back. Yes many people are having dual nationality, but the difference is they don't give up on Pakistan for the sake of other nationality. Where people from the same faith are being killed and even for eating beaf.

These are people who formally renounced their Pakistan citizenship. I bet the number is much higher.

come on, this is silly and vindictive.
I agree, Adnan Sami Khan's publicly expressed views and attitudes about Pakistan are silly and vindictive - he should absolutely apologize for his behavior before expecting the country to do yet another task for him.

Back
Top Bottom