What's new

Pakistan receives its first batch of F-16's

Hey, It is all confusion here.
Did Pakistan 'Recieve' any F-16 THIS year or 'Recently'?
Could some one shed some light here.
Kashif

No, sofar its confirmed that Pakistan has received only 2 F-16's free of charge under the EDA programme in December 2005.
No dates have been released about the 36 refurbished block 15 F-16A/B's that will be upgraded with MLU2 package.

Delivery of block 52 F-16C/D will begin in the second quarter of 2009.

^^ I am not talking about Navy Seals type Special Forces.

Our current forces in the border areas wear chappals, shalwar kameez, and are pathetically armed and travel in pajero jeeps.

We need to train them better, arm them, etc...

Ok that makes sense.

Regards

No, sofar its confirmed that Pakistan has received only 2 F-16's free of charge under the EDA programme in December 2005.
No dates have been released about the 36 refurbished block 15 F-16A/B's that will be upgraded with MLU2 package.

Delivery of block 52 F-16C/D will begin in the second quarter of 2009.

I think the flyboys must be itching for them.

They will definately make a difference in the air defence of Pakistan.

Regards

i think Khurshid was talking abt the 2 f-16s we got last year.

I think PAF must have said " Oh Khurshid Sahib we forgot to tell you we got 2 F-16s last year so the fool gave a statement now" :lol:
I just fail to Understand why make a statement which does'nt make any sence . Ediots This just shows the IQ level of our Buerocrats

Well guys dont u think that we r relying on purchased weapons too much. I mean Turkey has the License to develop F-16s its good that we r finally getting the machines for which we have already paid but i think Pakistan should concentrate on technology transfer.

I think the F-16s Kasuri is taking about are the 12 USAF F-16s we sought - which were originally the PG-III/IV stored in the 1990s. Either these have been sent to Turkey or are in Pakistan and a batch of our serving aircraft will go to Turkey for MLU.

Regarding SSG...IIRC we have 1 brigade? I think a NATO brigade is around 4000-5000 troops...there's also the SSGN and SSGA, which together should comprise of at least 1000 troops. blain2 would definitely know more about this issue...I think he mentioned that there plans to increase SSG by 1-2 brigades in the coming decades...

why do they want to increase the SSG.
If they increase the number wont it mean that they will have to compremise on the caliber of the men they are admitting into this awsome freturnity.

^^ we need to increase the size of our special forces....

right now we only have 6,000 SSG troops....

We need atleast 20,000-30,000 elite commandos who can go in these areas and conduct massive operations

but with India buying tonnes of weaponry from Russia, Israel and the West, we need to have minimal strategic deterrence....

lets not forget, there are many people in India who would like nothing better than to wipe Pakistan off the map and integrate it with India again......

I can assure you Mercenary, no one in India would like to integrate Pakistan into India. Sure, some would like its collapse, just like some Pakistanis pray for India's collapse. But integrating Pakistan into India ? you are gravely mistaken.

we have been 2 different nations for more than 60 years, intregration is completely out of the question.

Is that a typo? because arn't all the refurbished falcons to be upgarded to MLU3

Its actually MLU tape3 (AKA M3) IIRC. Tape 3 is the one that allows for HMC integration/Link16 etc. and Pakistan has already placed orders for the JHMCS for F-16 A/Bs.

Aslam O Alikum
pakistan receive frist deliver of 30 f 16 withen this month said kahbarna and jung newpaper.and also pakistan receive 6 jf 17 in August.that very good new for PAF and his people.

Back
Top Bottom