What's new

Pakistan receives first batch of 1.2m AstraZeneca doses via Covax facility

I think as per Dr.Yasmeen Rashid's statements a week ago, almost 150,000 people are vaccinated in Islamabad so far.
Sir, the data that I presented earlier was received via personally verified sources.

Besides, knowing fully well that social distancing, wearing a mask, proper sanitation AND vaccination are the only way to kill this disease, IS 150k an acceptable number at this stage of the crisis?

With the current lock down imposed, do you think this figure is realistic?

Vaccine statistics
* Last updated: 11 May, 2021 - 08:57am Islamabad/Pakistan

Partially Vaccinated

Last 24 hours: 92,142

vacc_partial.png

Fully Vaccinated

Last 24 hours: 9,396

vacc_full.png

Total Doses Administered

Last 24 hours: 101,538

vacc_people.png

Ontario has paused the use of AZ vaccines due to bloodclots.

Brother, there are a lot of issues at play here. Our Govt is flip flopping, while countries are working on a war footing to set up manufacturing facilities.

Secondly, we need all hands on deck, medical students, pharmacists, etc everyone deployed to administer vaccines. The current attitude of 350 to 500 people in a day, at each vaccination center, will not work. Approx 5k people are being vaccinated in Islamabad, a city of 2m+ people, is ridiculously low. At this rate it will take more than a year to vaccinate the entire city. We seriously need to increase our tempo.

Note:
350 people per day at Maroof hospital Islamabad
500 people per day at PIMS hospital Islamabad

That's very low, my mom told me that the Karachi expo center planning to get around 30,000 people per day, I wonder if it's true or she heard wrong, and it's 3000? but I do hope that Pakistan Govt speed up things, we need to get it control and may God forbid something like India can happen here as well.

I got my second Pfizer shot today, haven't had any reaction or side effects at all, just my arm hurts a bit where they put the injection in.

Back
Top Bottom