What's new

Pakistan receives 8 Chinese-made jet trainers

was

Reaction score
Pakistan receives 8 Chinese-made jet trainers
16 Jan 2009, 2130 hrs IST, AP
Print Email Discuss Share Save Comment Text:
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan's air force said it took delivery of an additional eight Chinese-made jet trainers on Friday, underscoring the close military
ties between the neighbouring countries.

The planes — known as Hongdu JL-8s in China and Karakoram K-8P trainers in Pakistan, were formally handed over at an unidentified Pakistani air force base, according to a statement from the air force public relations office.

The planes are one of two models jointly designed by the two countries.

China and Pakistan's close military and diplomatic ties date back decades, born partly of a desire to counter their common rival India.
times of india

wtf indians know this before pakistani media???

wtf indians know this before pakistani media???

check your sources sir

the real wtf thing is : don't we manufacture this plane? I have always heard about the K-8 jointly made by pak and china. Am I confusing things here?

we want to manufacture fighters, get some ToTs but can't manufacture a f*cking trainer ourselves? We seriously need some heavy industries here.

Finally a proper topic rather than endless pissing contests.

These have western engines right? I read somewhere that PAC has to manufacture the fuselage of K-8 so the western engine will fit. China manufactures their fuselage for their own engine. If these are put together in China, the western engines must be fitted in Pakistan?

"China and Pakistan's close military and diplomatic ties date back decades, born partly of a desire to counter their common rival India." LOL, typical.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom