What's new

Pakistan ranks third in negative influence

This is what the Pakistani news report quoted:

The original poll was taken from here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/05_03_11_bbcws_country_poll.pdf

So it's not the Pakistani news agencies, but the BBC that is responsible for this. Also notice the fact that only 27 countries were selected in this poll, & that just goes to show what the intentions of this poll are.

No that's what I meant. Why is the pakistani newspaper getting articles from BBC if the majorities here find it biased?

Are you arguing that there is no terrorism in Pakistan & all of this is just made up?

There is terrorism inside India as well, & it has been higher than Pakistan for most of the last 63 years of the existence of both the countries.

I understand that as a Pakistani, this is a difficult situation in which to have a realistic perspective.

I'm a dual Pakistani American citizen, don't bring personal details on this forum, & insulting me by saying I can't have a realistic perspective when all you present is conjecture.

Your strong army is basically irrelevant

No it's not, the strong Army protects the Pakistani nation from internal & external threats, & that is relevant to everyone.

As for its strategic location, it's basically strategic for what - the global war on terror? Not really of use to anyone for commercial reasons if the western borders along with Afghanistan remains restive.

Pakistan is on the cross roads from the Straits of Hormuz (closer than Iran, the closest country to the Straits of Hormuz, even closer than its rival Oman), & is also within reach from the Caspian Sea. I suggest you do a bit of research on the Caspian Sea & the Straits of Hormuz to understand strategic locations.

Which is why the two proposed & competing pipelines 'TAPI' (Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India) & 'IPI' (Iran, Pakistan, India) are underway. 'TAPI' is used for accessing the resources from the Caspian Sea, while the IPI is used for utilizing Iran's gas reserves for Pakistan & India's rising demand.

Besides that, Pakistan also is/has:

2nd Largest mines in the world
5th Largest Gold Mines in the world
5th Largest Coal reserves in the world
7th Largest Copper mines in the world
2nd Largest Salt Mines in the World
World’s Largest Deep Sea Port
6th Largest Wheat Producer & exporter in the World
4th Largest Cotton Producer & exporter in the World
7th Largest Rice Producer & exporter in the World
An abundance of water, & the best irrigation system in the World (5 rivers)

Sure, Pakistan has potential but for that to come to fruition, there has to be a lot of investment, both internal & external.

Pakistan has more than potential my friend. It has/is:

The 6th largest population in the world
The 6th Largest Army & the strongest Muslim Army
1st Muslim and 7th Nuclear Power of World
World’s 9th Largest English Speaking Country.
World 7th largest Pool of Scientists and Engineers
Only Muslim country after Turkey to open Combat Jobs for women
Highest Tele Density in South Asia
Largest WiiMax Network in the World

Among many other things.

To give you one example - take the IT sector. Pakistan could have been a much bigger player had it enjoyed a better environment at home.

You Indians from Bangalore can only think in IT terms. Yes I admit, India is a wonderful IT hub.

What's your point? Do you intentionally want to remain ignorant & delusional about Pakistan?

Pakistan has become the 20th most attractive outsourcing destination in the world:

Pakistan, A Popular Outsourcing Destination? - BusinessWeek

It becomes a vicious cycle because the very people who could bring about great economic change slowly end up being pushed out of Pakistan in search of better pastures.

It is the Indians in the West that don't want to go back to India, the Pakistanis aren't as bad as the Indians in that.

Israel IS one of the world’s least popular states, according to an annual BBC survey of citizens of 27 countries.
The World Service Country Rating Poll placed Israel as the fourth most negatively viewed state with only Iran, Pakistan and North Korea ranked worse. Of 29,000 people questioned, 49 per cent said Israel has a “mainly negative” influence on the world while just 21 per cent see Israel as influencing the world in a positive manner. Germany topped the poll as the world’s most positively rated country, while the UK’s ratings rose five points to 58 per cent, placing it second on the list. The survey of British respondents was even more negative, with 66 per cent saying they see Israel as having a negative influence on the world and just 14 per cent stating Israel is a positive force. Of the 1,000 Brits questioned, 20 per cent weren’t able to give a definite answer.
No Israelis were interviewed for the survey, which saw citizens of countries including Egypt, France, Germany and the Philippines questioned in December 2010 and January this year.
However, the poll showed an improvement on last year’s even lower figure, with Israel experiencing a two per cent rise in its overall popularity.

Pakistan ranks third in negative influence | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Interestingly these are all allies of china North Korea, Pakistan, Libya and Iran their new found friend.

There is terrorism inside India as well, & it has been higher than Pakistan for most of the last 63 years of the existence of both the countries.

I'm a dual Pakistani American citizen, don't bring personal details on this forum, & insulting me by saying I can't have a realistic perspective when all you present is conjecture.

No it's not, the strong Army protects the Pakistani nation from internal & external threats, & that is relevant to everyone.

Pakistan is on the cross roads from the Straits of Hormuz, & is also within reach from the Caspian Sea.

Among many other things.

You Indians from Bangalore can only think in IT terms. Yes I admit, India is a wonderful IT hub. What's your point?

Pakistan has become the 20th most attractive outsourcing destination in the world:

It is the Indians in the West that don't want to go back to India, the Pakistanis aren't as bad as the Indians in that.

Whatever floats your boat man. Btw, no desire to insult you or anyone else. Don't believe in doing that. Was just putting a different view from your own but see that it is unlikely to fly far with you. Lets hope you are right.

Pakistan is on the cross roads from the Straits of Hormuz (closer than Iran, the closest country to the Straits of Hormuz, even closer than its rival Oman), & is also within reach from the Caspian Sea. I suggest you do a bit of research on the Caspian Sea & the Straits of Hormuz to understand strategic locations.

Which is why the two proposed & competing pipelines 'TAPI' (Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India) & 'IPI' (Iran, Pakistan, India) are underway. 'TAPI' is used for accessing the resources from the Caspian Sea, while the IPI is used for utilizing Iran's gas reserves for Pakistan & India's rising demand.

Among many other things.

You Indians from Bangalore can only think in IT terms. Yes I admit, India is a wonderful IT hub. What's your point?

How does the above rant changes the world perception?

^^^^^^^^ And what these have to do with the topic???????

No doubt pakistan has potential bilalhaider no ones denying that. It's the obsession with India which drives you guys to the extreme and paranoia creating a huge military and spending huge amounts on defense. The mentality will always be there. And as long as that's there, there's not gonna be any productive work.

Whatever floats your boat man. Btw, no desire to insult you or anyone else. Don't believe in doing that. Was just putting a different view from your own but see that it is unlikely to fly far with you. Lets hope you are right.

I'm quoting you facts, while you were just repeating your conjecture in your attempt to troll.

And I think you didn't completely read what I wrote about the 'strategic location'. This is what I said:

Which is why the 2 proposed & competing pipelines 'TAPI' (Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India) & 'IPI' (Iran, Pakistan, India) are underway. 'TAPI' is used for accessing the resources from the Caspian Sea, while the IPI is used for utilizing Iran's gas reserves for Pakistan & India's rising demand.

When you ask a question, you should also be willing to listen to an answer :wave:

How does the above rant changes the world perception?

^^^^^^^^ And what these have to do with the topic???????

It shows Pakistan is too big to fail, & will always be an important country in the world, despite what the world thinks about it, & despite the dreams & aspirations of the Indians like yourself :wave:

No doubt pakistan has potential bilalhaider no ones denying that. It's the obsession with India which drives you guys to the extreme and paranoia creating a huge military and spending huge amounts on defense. The mentality will always be there. And as long as that's there, there's not gonna be any productive work.

India is just as obsessed with Pakistan, if not more. You have 700,000 troops stationed at the Kashmir border, whereas Pakistan has only 150,000. Pakistan has a total Army of 600,000 troops only.

Some other interesting facts:

India is spending $31.5bn on its defence budget and $1.25bn on a space programme. So why, in these cash-strapped times, is the British government giving aid to India?

Is India ready to refuse UK aid? | Madeleine Bunting | Global development | guardian.co.uk

India is 'world's largest arms importer':

India is 'world's largest arms importer' - Defence Management

It's India's poor who need British aid, not its military:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/jul/28/india-poor-aid-military-business-elites

It shows Pakistan is too big to fail, & will always be an important country in the world, despite what the world thinks about Pakistan, & despite the dreams & aspirations of the Indians to see Pakistan fail. :wave:
See that's what I'm talkin about. India cannot afford a destabilized pakistan.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/national-political-issues/104182-pakistan-plays-hardball.html

India is just as obsessed with Pakistan, if not more. You have 700,000 troops stationed at the Kashmir border, whereas Pakistan has only 150,000. Pakistan has a total Army of 600,000 troops only.

Some other interesting facts:

Is India ready to refuse UK aid? | Madeleine Bunting | Global development | guardian.co.uk

India is 'world's largest arms importer':

India is 'world's largest arms importer' - Defence Management

India has a large recruitment of troops near LoC because you and I both know who's funding these so called "freedom fighters"

Simply after 71' pakistan has always had the grudge to get India back. In short not an inch is going without another war. And India at this crucial point cannot afford one.

India is the largest importer of arms... so what. We have pakistan funding these "freedom fighters" and rivalry with China, illegals coming from Bangladesh, and a Maoist insurgency.

Besides India has the economy to afford what we buy, can the same be said about pakistan?

Anyways Imma log off right now, I have class in the morning.

Sure you can have another 1 million soldiers, ofcourse if your budget permits.

So ? The British are only giving back a tiny part of what they took from India for 200 years. Since we are large hearted we even declined the interest and have asked them to pay only the principle.

BTW lets stay on topic and discuss about how Pakistan is the third most negatively viewed country in the world for the good of def.pk. :coffee:

See that's what I'm talkin about. India cannot afford a destabilized pakistan.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/national-political-issues/104182-pakistan-plays-hardball.html
India has a large recruitment of troops near LoC because you and I both know who's funding these so called "freedom fighters"

Simply after 71' pakistan has always had the grudge to get India back. In short not an inch is going without another war. And India at this crucial point cannot afford one.

India is the largest importer of arms... so what. We have pakistan funding these "freedom fighters" and rivalry with China, illegals coming from Bangladesh, and a Maoist insurgency.

Anyways Imma log off right now, I have class in the morning.

Pakistan quit their support for the fighters in Kashmir a long time ago, just like India quit its 15 year support for the LTTE & TELO against Sri Lanka, or the support India gave to the Mukti Bahini in 1971 to break Pakistan up. You reap what you sow.

India is the largest importer of arms... so what.

It means you are obsessed with Pakistan & your neighbors than you are with your own people who are dying of hunger & poverty.

Besides India has the economy to afford what we buy, can the same be said about pakistan?

You are sadly mistaken, India doesn't have the economy to buy:

India receives about $2bn of aid per year from some donors:

Institute of Development Studies - UK should maintain aid to India, parliamentary inquiry is told

World Bank aid to India to touch $9.3 billion:

The Hindu : Business / Economy : World Bank aid to India to touch $9.3 billion

$9.3billion World Bank Aid to India | Stock Watch

India gets $5 billion economic aid every year:

Each year India accepts about $5 billion in economic aid, mostly from 6 major bilateral donors, as well as the World Bank, IMF and other multilateral donors. In 2000 India was a net recipient of WFP money.

India – Aid Recipient or Donor? | The Discomfort Zone

Now talking about loans:

India, largest recipient of World Bank loans

India, largest recipient of World Bank loans - Rediff.com Business

^ The British/West are only giving back a tiny part of what they took from India for 200 years. Since we are large hearted we even declined the interest and have asked them to pay only the principle.

Lets stick to topic of How Pakkistan is the third MOST NEGATIVELY viewed country in the world. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom