What's new

Pakistan ranks third in negative influence

how can only 66% pakistanis have positive opinion on china. wat abt rest 34%

i thought with china being biggest partner of pakistan. giving weapons and aid, building ports etc etc the percentage ought to havwe been in ninties. or is it some people are still suspicious of china and dont trust china too easily like common pakistani people.

yeah,man even i am surprised.from the time i have become a member of PDF the thing which i have realised by reading some pakistani post's is that the pakistani's are mad about the chinese.but 66% seem's to be really low ,it should have been some where near 94% or 95% .

if india was ranked third then it would have been a different story

Not really. Why should you care about what others nations think about you? A lot of countries have a lot of misperceptions about Pakistan, India included, but they are free to think otherwise. It all depends on the ground realities, not what other people/nations think about you. Some people here in America are so badly misinformed about Pakistan, words can't explain it. But they are free to think whatever they want. They obviously want to demoralize the nation & its people to achieve their objectives, because they're getting pissed off that Pakistan isn't the easy pushover everyone thought it was :cheers:

As even two Indians above recognize, perhaps the report is a little 'rigged.' :azn:

Think about it. Chinese being unfavorable of Pakistan. And Pakistani not be as favorable of China. Even though relations between the two countries are at the stage of being taken to a New Level

1) with the recent visit of Priemier Wen +
2) 2011 being declared the year of Pakistan-China Friendship

Like I said before, these countries need to start a new campaign together to alter their influence from negative to positive.

I have the perfect idea for this campaign.

It should be called Pakistan, Israel, Iran, North Korea.

PIINK will be a global dance group featuring the likes of Zardari, Ahmedinejad, Kim Jong & Nethanyahu. They will tour the world and will dance to new and hot tunes for audiences around the world.

PIINK will turn the situation around.

Like I said before, these countries need to start a new campaign together to alter their influence from negative to positive.

PIINK will be a global dance group featuring the likes of Zardari, Ahmedinejad, Kim Jong & Nethanyahu. They will tour the world and will dance to new and hot tunes for audiences around the world.

It also depends where these polls are coming from. America has an unfavorable view in most of the world besides a few Western countries (& that too is changing). Pakistan has an unfavorable view in most of the Western countries, but has a favorable view in most Asian & Middle Eastern countries. Statistics can be made to look anything, especially if the sample size is very small & is not representative of the population. So I wouldn't be too worried about these things, as they are easily manipulated by others.

Discounting the extra "I", PINK is also the colour for banned members in this forum. So the additional "I" for the so called "banned countries"?:)

Not really. Why should you care about what others nations think about you? A lot of countries have a lot of misperceptions about Pakistan, India included, but they are free to think otherwise. It all depends on the ground realities, not what other people/nations think about you. Some people here in America are so badly misinformed about Pakistan, words can't explain it. But they are free to think whatever they want. They obviously want to demoralize the nation & its people to achieve their objectives, because they're getting pissed off that Pakistan isn't the easy pushover everyone thought it was :cheers:

I think a distinction has to be drawn here. Having many countries viewing you in a negative light doesn't necessarily mean much, it's the reason for that negativeness that must cause concern. Being considered a terrorist haven, supporter, sympathiser etc can do a country & people more damage than a negative perception due to a feeling of economic or political threat. The first has consequences when ordinary citizens of that country travel abroad while the second has little or no direct consequences aimed at individuals. In the long run, this negative perception (of Pakistan) can do huge damage to any prospect of trade & investment flowing inwards, creating a vicious cycle.

I think a distinction has to be drawn here. Having many countries viewing you in a negative light doesn't necessarily mean much, it's the reason for that negativeness that must cause concern. Being considered a terrorist haven, supporter, sympathiser etc can do a country & people more damage than a negative perception due to a feeling of economic or political threat. The first has consequences when ordinary citizens of that country travel abroad while the second has little or no direct consequences aimed at individuals.

Again, it is the misperception Iran faces today, or Iraq faced after 9/11 on its alleged WMDs that is fed by the Western media outlets to brainwash their people. So I wouldn't be too concerned about these things, because they have very little to do with reality, & it is the choice of people to remain brainwashed & misinformed. There's very little someone can do if people choose to remain misinformed & brainwashed by the propaganda spewed by their media outlets.

In the long run, this negative perception (of Pakistan) can do huge damage to any prospect of trade & investment flowing inwards, creating a vicious cycle.

Not really. Pakistan will remain a very important country in the coming years because of many reasons (big economy, big consumer market, big exporter of all kinds of products, blessed with all kinds of resources most countries don't have, strong army, well functioning government, good infrastructure), but the most important reason being its strategic location. So it matters very little as to what the world thinks, Pakistan will always be an important country despite the propaganda spewed against it.

yeah,man even i am surprised.from the time i have become a member of PDF the thing which i have realised by reading some pakistani post's is that the pakistani's are mad about the chinese.but 66% seem's to be really low ,it should have been some where near 94% or 95% .

Buddy you are on a defence forum and you will find people interested in strategic and millitary relations here.
Common chinese or pakistani don't think like that. Common pakistani dont give a $hit who is building gwaddar nor a common chinese think of encircling India.

In the long run, this negative perception (of Pakistan) can do huge damage to any prospect of trade & investment flowing inwards, creating a vicious cycle.

There was a time when the IRA was considered a terrorist organization, but later became freedom fighters. There was a time when bomb blasts used to take place in the UK everyday. But things changed. A similar situation with Turkey in the past. These things don't last forever, & Pakistan is just too 'big' for this temporary WOT to affect it in its longterm future. Pakistan has seen far worse in the past, & always come out stronger after every experience, especially after 1971. The Mujahideen in the 80's were hailed as freedom fighters, yet the US is fighting against many of those Mujahideen today (Hekmatyar, Haqqani, Mullah Umar) today. Saddam Hussein was once a huge asset to the US, but after 2003, they deposed and disposed him off. The political scenarios in the world are always dynamic, not static.

"Am surprised only 66% Pakistanis have a favorable view of China? " Gourav

This "poll" loses all its credibility when it states this. I have NEVER met a Pakistani who does not look favorably towards China. Even the poor peasant in the villages knows how much China has helped us. This is just a bs attempt to make us think bad about each other. The British are at it again, "divide and rule".

"Am surprised only 66% Pakistanis have a favorable view of China? " Gourav

This "poll" loses all its credibility when it states this. I have NEVER met a Pakistani who does not look favorably towards China. Even the poor peasant in the villages knows how much China has helped us. This is just a bs attempt to make us think bad about each other. The British are at it again, "divide and rule".

Take it up with your news agencies, they're the ones that are publishing it. :undecided:

Again, it is the misperception Iran faces today, or Iraq faced after 9/11 on its alleged WMDs that is fed by the Western media outlets to brainwash their people. So I wouldn't be too concerned about these things, because they have very little to do with reality, & it is the choice of people to remain brainwashed & misinformed. There's very little someone can do if people choose to remain misinformed & brainwashed by the propaganda spewed by their media outlets.

Are you arguing that there is no terrorism in Pakistan & all of this is just made up? The key to any solution will have to involve admitting that there is a problem. People spend too much time finding the genesis of the problem & blaming others instead of looking at the situation as it exists now & taking necessary steps to deal with it.

Not really. Pakistan will remain a very important country in the coming years because of many reasons (big economy, big consumer market, big exporter of all kinds of products, blessed with all kinds of resources most countries don't have, strong army, well functioning government, good infrastructure), but the most important reason being its strategic location. So it matters very little as to what the world thinks, Pakistan will always be an important country despite the propaganda spewed against it

I understand that as a Pakistani, this is a difficult situation in which to have a realistic perspective. Yes, Pakistan is a big country but there are many others of a similar size & population which don't bring the baggage that Pakistan has. Your strong army is basically irrelevant, what does your strong army have to do with foreigners, the only benefit would be if it can keep peace within the country - not something that is working too well. As for its strategic location, it's basically strategic for what - the global war on terror? Not really of use to anyone for commercial reasons if the western borders along with Afghanistan remains restive. Iran has a much better strategic location with far fewer problems. A simple change of regime could bring Iran into the fold whereas with Pakistan, the problem is infinitely more complex.

My argument was actually slightly different. Sure, Pakistan has potential but for that to come to fruition, there has to be a lot of investment, both internal & external. While some internal investment will happen, external investment will stay away as long as the situation remains as it does. To give you one example - take the IT sector. Pakistan could have been a much bigger player had it enjoyed a better environment at home. It becomes a vicious cycle because the very people who could bring about great economic change slowly end up being pushed out of Pakistan in search of better pastures. A couple of decades is insignificant in a country's history but hugely significant in an individual's life. Pakistan is being bled dry of its talent and those remaining find a lot fewer avenues to use them.

Take it up with your news agencies, they're the ones that are publishing it. :undecided:

This is what the Pakistani news report quoted:

Israel IS one of the world’s least popular states, according to an annual BBC survey of citizens of 27 countries.

The original poll was taken from here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/05_03_11_bbcws_country_poll.pdf

So it's not the Pakistani news agencies, but the BBC that is responsible for this. Also notice the fact that only 27 countries were selected in this poll, & that just goes to show what the intentions of this poll are.

Back
Top Bottom