What's new

Pakistan protests Iran over cross-border mortars

As long as Pakistan largely remains a proxy of the Saudis, Iran is never going to be anywhere close to in sync.

Not to mention the small matter of being one of the most Shia unfriendly countries in the world today.

Pakistan and Iran seeing eye to eye on Afghanistan is the biggest bald faced lie I have heard today.

Of course today is still young.

Shia unfriendly? We have the second largest Shia population... Almost all our govt is Shia... What basis do you have to say that, as WE Shias are doing fine, better than lets say a Zororastrian in Iran would do, and a oppressed Muslim in India!

Shia unfriendly? We have the second largest Shia population... Almost all our govt is Shia... What basis do you have to say that, as WE Shias are doing fine, better than lets say a Zororastrian in Iran would do, and a oppressed Muslim in India!

How does it matter that you are the second largest Shia nation in the world?

The fact is that you are also the second largest Sunni nation in the world.

And your Shias (you and others) are being killed. And have been for quite some time.

Are you now going to lament that it is only a political turf war being played out by parties?

Or that Pakistan is being (ab)used as a platform for a proxy war between global Sunni and Shia power centers?

The fact is that you are a Sunni majority country where Shias are being killed.

And since you insist of pulling India in - the fact is that much like Pakistan, India is a Sunni majority country where no one dare target the Shias.

You think this is lost on Iran?

lol irrelevant comment.... ha ha ha funny you guys are loud in this thread against iran , i can see who is in frustration..

Not a big thing. Our country comes first thats a fact same as for Iranians or anyone.

but i can see you Indians are getting some solace :P dahhhh see we Pakistanis are bighearted enough to give you a reason for getting solace

As long as Pakistan largely remains a proxy of the Saudis, Iran is never going to be anywhere close to in sync.

Pakistan is not a "proxy of the Saudis"

Not to mention the small matter of being one of the most Shia unfriendly countries in the world today.

oh well hmmm gee whiz.....the FOUNDER of Pakistan was a Shiaa; the former Speaker of the House was a Shiaa; we had Shiaa Chiefs of Army Staff, Chiefs of General Staff, had Shiaa Prime Ministers; some of the most succesful businessmen and women in Pakistan are Shiaas; the list goes on

takfiris who are only serving the agenda of our enemies are buying into the sectarian garbage --- which indeed is a threat to the social fabric of Pakistan

it's a threat, but one that doesnt resonate much in our population. On an everyday basis, NOBODY in the street talks about Shiia or Sunni......just a few misguided souls who delve into what is otherwise a man-made political problem rather than a problem of clashing ideology

It's kind of like.....you know......a few misguided people in your country who thrash and or murder dalits and other "untouchables" in cold blooded acts of violence.

Pakistan and Iran seeing eye to eye on Afghanistan is the biggest bald faced lie I have heard today.

Of course today is still young.

Well hmmm gee whiz again!

Neither Pakistan nor Iran are exactly 'thrilled' about NATO's campaign in Afghanistan (rather - the way it has been handled). Whereas in the past, IRGC was covertly working hand-in-hand with NATO to ouster the taleban --Pakistan was "on the other side"....Now several years later - In Iran's case, they fear they are being enveloped. USA's influence in Iraq is still intact; USA/Saudi bloc wrestle for influence with Iran in Lebanon. USA/Saudi bloc wrestle for influence with Iran in Bahrain (which houses the Fifth Fleet!!!). You really think Iran enjoys seeing NATO expanding on its presence (whether military or otherwise) right in its backyard?

In Pakistan's case, it's a matter of national integrity (Afghan [in]security dismally affects us). The use (by india especially) of Afghan soil for anti-Pakistan activity has gone noted --sometimes it has not gone unpunished. In Iran's case, it's an issue of national security as well (MeK, Jundollah, other revolutionary/anti-regime groups funded partly or wholly by the CIA).

By the way, elements in Washington are known to be on record calling out Pakistan for "double dealing".....however, not only does Washington DC have DIRECT access to elements of the taleban. The Iranians are now VERY OPENLY in contact with them! It obviously means that the end-game is near and ALL sides are hedging their bets.

it's only some unfortunates from 'your camp' who are still having some kind of false illusions of grandeur and wet-wishful dreams ---predicting Pakistan to be collapsed and/or isolated while they try to act like the darlings and saints.

Or that Pakistan is being (ab)used as a platform for a proxy war between global Sunni and Shia power centers?

And since you insist of pulling India in - the fact is that much like Pakistan, India is a Sunni majority country where no one dare target the Shias.

Platform for proxy war? No one would dare wage proxy war in Pakistan, India has already tried, Afghanistan has tried and now look at the conditions of those 2 countries...

Shias don't get attacked in India? Is this said before after 26 Shias were injured in UP on Muharram yesterday? Still many Shia killing & injuring in UP are being undocumented

I can tell you guys that you have definitely lost the moral high ground amongst the Indian Shia community. I have spoken to many recently and they claim that what is going on in Pakistan makes them all the more appreciative of their own country.

hahah doc your facts are quiet wrong.

DO you know Muslims majority in India is shia. After Iran, India has largest Shia Muslims.

If Iran was so fond of protecting Shias or if Iran has any love for shias, then Iran would have raised voice over sorry plight of shias in INDIA.

Therefore Iranian concern over Pakistani shias is NOT at all for any love of shias but since Iran hates Saudi Arabia hence Iran is funding shias in Pakistan just like Saudi is funding anti-shia groups.

for us Iran and Saudi Arabia should go to hell with their war.

Leave Pakistanis alone.

I can tell you guys that you have definitely lost the moral high ground amongst the Indian Shia community. I have spoken to many recently and they claim that what is going on in Pakistan makes them all the more appreciative of their own country.

I so await their approval before starting the day...! :hitwall:

i generally just ID myself as "Muslim" but since this (like some other things in this forum) have to become personal -- I will also say that I am also a Shiaa. Not the most devout of individuals (not as devout as I SHOULD be).

and I feel at total peace in Pakistan and love my country and will defend it with my BLOOD and SWEAT against our enemies

and this applies as well to most (hopefully ALL) of my Sunni, Sufi, Ahmedi, Christian, Sikh and Hindu PAKISTANI comrades.

wait a sec....did I really just explain all that to an indian who is talking about "intolerance" in MY country??

Well there's no place a Indian Muslim can go... North West India Punjabis Gujarati Sikh hate Muslims because of the invaders..

North East India Buddhists Bodos etc hate Muslims cause of BD illegals

South India Maharashtrians Rajputs Tamils hate Muslims

Only place Indian Muslim can go is UP & Bihar & that is not even a safe place considering banning of meat in UP & recent attacks on Shia community in UP , and many still undocumented in Bihar & UP.

Kashmir a Indian Muslim cannot go because of the Hindutvadi Army actively killing Muslim Kashmiris

i generally just ID myself as "Muslim" but since this (like some other things in this forum) have to become personal -- I will also say that I am also a Shiaa. Not the most devout of individuals (not as devout as I SHOULD be).

and I feel at total peace in Pakistan and love my country and will defend it with my BLOOD and SWEAT against our enemies

and this applies as well to most (hopefully ALL) of my Sunni, Sufi, Ahmedi, Christian, Sikh and Hindu PAKISTANI comrades.

wait a sec....did I really just explain all that to an indian who is talking about "intolerance" in MY country??

Cut tyhe hypocritical crap man. If you guys cared about your minorities, they wouldnt currently be extinct in your country. You are fooling no one except yourself...

Pakistanis talking about minorities is like Saudis talking about Women driving, so dont make us laugh...

I agree bro... And then they cry when we start highlighting their failures as a secular country.. A secular country arrests a Muslim woman because she had been hurting "Hindu religious beliefs" by protesting against shutdown of Mumbai on Thacks death?

hahah doc your facts are quiet wrong.

DO you know Muslims majority in India is shia. After Iran, India has largest Shia Muslims.

What are you talking?

Indian Muslim population is 160 million.

Iran total population is around 90 million.

Indian Shias are between 15-17% of total Indian Muslim population - i.e. between 25-30 million.

Around the same numbers as the total numbers of Sikhs and Christians in India.

Please check your facts.

I've heard similar cases about Hindus in Pakistan -- who despite recent isolated cases of unrest (in which some decided to leave their country) are largely pro-Pakistan; and that too despite their lack of SUBSTANTIVE representation in Pakistan.

They know all too well the horrors of caste system across the border. And most of the Pakistani hindu community belong to what you indians would call "untouchables" .....they'd live in shanty tin can houses, sweeping the streets and not being allowed to drink from Brahmin water fountains. Whereas in Pakistan, they never sleep hungry or without shelter because the land owners of the lands they work on provide for them (i have my own views about the deeply-entrenched feudalistic nature in parts of our country but we'll reserve that for another topic)

What are you talking?

Indian Muslim population is 160 million.

Iran total population is around 90 million.

Indian Shias are between 15-17% of total Indian Muslim population - i.e. between 25-30 million.

Around the same numbers as the total numbers of Sikhs and Christians in India.

Please check your facts.

Doctor you don't practice...you don't go to work ! The Heck are you - A stay at home Dad ? :blink:

document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function () { // Check if the popup has been shown before if (!localStorage.getItem('youtubePopupShown')) { // Replace YOUR_VIDEO_ID with your actual YouTube video ID var youtubeURL = 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77WM3ujhvJ4'; // Open the YouTube video in a new popup window var width = 560; var height = 315; var left = (screen.width / 2) - (width / 2); var top = (screen.height / 2) - (height / 2); window.open(youtubeURL, 'YouTubeVideo', `width=${width},height=${height},top=${top},left=${left}`); // Set the flag in localStorage to indicate the popup has been shown localStorage.setItem('youtubePopupShown', 'true'); } });
Back
Top Bottom