I do wish some of the units also had some modest Anti Air defence

Modest 4 Missile rack

missle+anti+air.jpg

Last edited:
These ships certainly add to the capabilities , fast and anti ship role
I do wish some of the units also had some modest Anti Air defence

Modest 4 Missile rack

missle+anti+air.jpg

Which air Defence Radar for the sea would you install on such a small boat ?

This boat with a loadout of 8 c 802 missiles can be a major threat to even big ships ...

Provided its not picked up by a scouting aircraft against which its virtually defenseless
..a descent sam to keep the aircraft busy will give chance to boat to runaway... after all it is fast...

I have that we rename the thread to PNS Dehshat class (Fast attack Boat) !!! Little boat with big heart

FAC-Azmat-2.jpg

This picture does some Justice to show case the size of the ship

PNS+AZMAT+Fast+Attack+Craft+%2528Missile%2529+Launched+SR60+radar+FAC+1031ee+8+C802A345+NAVY++%25281%2529.jpg

Fully Armed PNS Dehshat

Pakistan's%2BSecond%2BAzmat%2Bclass%2BFast%2Battack%2Bcraft%2Bvessel%2B%2Bnears%2Bcompletion%2B3.jpg

Just 10 Meter extra length , we could perhaps fit a lovely Anti Air , rack or replace the Cannon in front with Missile Unit (SAM)

NAVDEX-debut-for-Azmat.jpg

That Dingy in rear is eye sore

Ship needs that extra 10 Meter at back , to fit a nice SAM and hide that dingy boat

8fffb7c5e4ec6b88f572675629b42e93.jpg

Ideally that Dingy should be hidden under the body , with floor covering over top which opens outwards

Bavaria%2055%20Cruiser%20-%20Dinghy%20stowage.jpg

Last edited:

I don't know if anyone noticed. But this has some stealthy features too (very angular). And it is built like the advance US naval ships are being built. All covered all around.

Just 10 Meter extra length , we could perhaps fit a lovely Anti Air , rack or replace the Cannon in front with Missile Unit (SAM)

Ship needs that extra 10 Meter at back , to fit a nice SAM and hide that dingy boat

8fffb7c5e4ec6b88f572675629b42e93.jpg

Ideally that Dingy should be hidden under the body , with floor covering over top which opens outwards

This is where I expect the Pakistani engineers to get a little more creative and add their own "juice" to this original design.
1) Dingy got to go hidden on the side (a shelf will be needed, and that is tiny little work to put a rack attached to a metal structure on the side somewhere, in fact two story rack for two Dingies).

2) Add 20-25 more meters. about 7-8 meter would nicely fit a decent SAM system. Nothing too serious, but even coverage out to 15-20 KM isn't bad and can take out even incoming slow moving cruice missiles or jets within that radius.

3) The remainder 10-15 meters, would easily allow a Z series heli to come on-board on and off to provide supplies, munitions, troop transport or simply for refueling. A great thing to have. The size obviously won't allow the heli to be parked like in a Frigate but its beneficial to have the ability for a heli-landing.

Plus it is not like we don't have extra steal or lack of resources to make the ship 10 Meter longer.

tOKolyh.jpg

Front Gun:

1 - Front gun should be moved up (Second Level)
2 - Front portion of ship should have something for Anti Air role

Traditional 20mm gun, should be moved upper deck (for anti piracy)
20mm_4.jpg

We need something with 4 Missiles for SAM

Air_Defence_Missile_UK_01.jpg

While this may be a bit out dated but something like this for front of ship

Rear of Ship:
Needs , about 10 Meter more added

b5Wo8Pf.jpg

Would be nice to have
At rear (I prefer the missile based launcher)

Last edited:
Best option is to get naval version of Pantsyr M system from Russia.

Pansyr-M is a naval version of the Pantsyr. A mock up of this system was demonstrated in 2015 and production commenced during the same year. This system can engage four targets simultaneously with missiles and its anti-aircraft guns automatically target any that are missed. Standard ammunition load includes 32 missiles in a storage and reload system below the ship's deck.

The 57E6 missile of the Pantsyr has a two-stage solid-fuel rocket motors. It has a maximum speed of 1 000 m/s (Mach 3). Missiles of this air defense system have a maximum range of 20 km.

I have a question maybe an odd one but i put anyway so bear with me
What if ships this size, instead of a proper SAM system we can carry Azna Manpads on it? I am sure the radars can track all sort of threats but instead of a launcher a man fires the missile :enjoy:

What if ships this size, instead of a proper SAM system we can carry Azna Manpads on it? I am sure the radars can track all sort of threats but instead of a launcher a man fires the missile :enjoy:
That's actually what's done...

That's actually what's done...
Ok actually this is whats happening which begs another question what if Manpads are modified in such a manner that a person fires it but the ship radar guides the missile till the active seeker kicks in?

Ok actually this is whats happening which begs another question what if Manpads are modified in such a manner that a person fires it but the ship radar guides the missile till the active seeker kicks in?
Yup, First an example of a miniature MANPAD system:
ThorPinzgauer2.jpg

Combined with a radar from this, also a small system:
surface-to-air-missiles-sam-sa-8-EBMMT5.jpg

It's easily possible. Nothing out of this world.

this is what is actually done with ships like these. The will carry MANPADS for air defence.

ORD_SAM_RBS-70_Australia_Naval_lg.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom