What's new

Pakistan prepares to launch third Azmat-class FAC

Cornered Tiger

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
IMG_5572.jpg

Construction of Fast Attack Craft (Missile), FAC(M)-3 is progressing rapidly and will be launched on 17 Sept 2016. Construction of the vessel was started on 16 April 2015 with steel cutting and subsequently keel laying was performed on 11 August 2015.

This ship is a state of the art, multi mission corvette having a length and breadth of 63 m and 8.8 m, respectively. The design draught of the ship is 2.46 m and displacement of 560 tons. The ship has maximum speed of 30 knots and a range of 1000 Nautical Miles. This ship is propelled by 04 Diesel Engines, 04 Propulsion Shafts with Fixed Pitch Propellers. The ship carries surface to surface missiles, 25 mm gun, CIWS, surface search and tracking radars. It has a stealthier design with state of the art combat system.

Great news. Further details about its armament are desired. I wish PN best of luck.

Good development for our Navy. PN should concentrate on acquiring bigger advance ships.

Pakistan should discuss with EU countries over the production of any good 57m.m cannon that can be used on FACs and OPVs we are looking to produce....

Now I am more than sure that the ship which we saw being under construction when tanker was launched was not azmat class because that ship was in no position of being operational that fast. @Arsalan @RAMPAGE @Quwa

This ship is a state of the art, multi mission corvette having a length and breadth of 63 m and 8.8 m, respectively. The design draught of the ship is 2.46 m and displacement of 560 tons.
Now I am more than sure that the ship which we saw being under construction when tanker was launched was not azmat class because that ship was in no position of being operational that fast. @Arsalan @RAMPAGE @Quwa

These are Azmat FAC's specifications.

That ship could be the patrol ship which we are making for Kenya I think

Small stealth fast with 8 c 802 missiles...but no airdefence capability

Back
Top Bottom