What's new

Pakistan predicted to become the Muslim World’s fastest growing economy in 2017: The Economist

not really, Bangladesh is doing better than pakistan.

Wait till CPEC gets going. There is a reason why we are suddenly witnessing such an upsurge in positive economic prospects for Pakistan. Pakistan wasn't even mentioned a couple of years ago. We know why we have so much attention suddenly.

Yh but yu guys are growing quickly I am scared you guys might leave us in the dark:(
The country with less corruption will grow quicker. Bangladesh is way too corrupt.

You guys have some edges over us. Bigger population, more lands, more natural resources, good location(border with India, China, Iran, Afghanistan) .

The country with less corruption will grow quicker. Bangladesh is way too corrupt.

You guys have some edges over us. Bigger population, more lands, more natural resources, good location(border with India, China, Iran, Afghanistan) .
Our trade with Iran/India.Aghanistan isn't good, we only have decent trade with China...

Our trade with Iran/India.Aghanistan isn't good, we only have decent trade with China...

Iran was under sanctions. That is why IPI gas pipeline could not make progress.

Afghanistan does not have an economy.

Trade with India to a large extent depends on the the political situation prevailing. At times trade picks up and then it drys out.

With China our trade is slowly but gradually increasing.

How come? Bangladesh isn't included in the list.
Not Stable, because they 20% one year and next year recession, once it finds stability at constant 7% Growth it may surpass Pakistan......

Iran was under sanctions. That is why IPI gas pipeline could not make progress.

Afghanistan does not have an economy.

Trade with India to a large extent depends on the the political situation prevailing. At times trade picks up and then it drys out.

With China our trade is slowly but gradually increasing.
Yes I knw but despite being close to these countries we only have good trade with 1 and that is china....

Not Stable, because they 20% one year and next year recession, once it finds stability at constant 7% Growth it may surpass Pakistan......

Yes I knw but despite being close to these countries we only have good trade with 1 and that is china....
As per World Bank's report, BD is ahead. They aren't included in Economist's list.

In projected GDP growth.
Yes I know I was speaking about overtaking Pakistan total GDP Nominal of 271B which can happen by 2020-2025 if Pak doesn't start to grow by 7.5% each year stable.

we should be targeting for number 1 position not only in muslim world but world

Being LDC is beneficial with the low interest loans and other stuff. That's why we are in LDC list.

BD actually has a very stable growth rate too.

http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.com/2017/01/11/58819/WB-forecasts-6.8pc-growth

This is according to WB:
gdp-bd-24_58819.jpg
So being in LDC's list is a good thing for a country?

Sakra BD economy 230B is quickly catching Paks 271B at Current Growth rate of 7.5% BD will catch and surpass Pak unless we start growing 7% as well....and we need to beause we are a very poor country at the moment and also have energy crisis.

I feel Pakistan needs to get rid of Zamindar system like India did after partition also. Freeing up land for the poor people will be one of the best ways to elevate them.

No. They're LDC because their HDI is categorized as Low. Being LDC is a very bad thing.

No. They're LDC because their HDI is categorized as Low. Being LDC is a very bad thing.
No ma'am. Bangladesh is ahead of Pakistan in HDI. And it is categorized as medium like India. Check it again. I can't post links from my phone.

That depends. Govt has plans to move out of LDC by 2024. Before that they want to complete some projects which would require huge amount of loans. Being in LDC allows you to get loans at a very small interest.

It will work out. CPEC will give you a massive boost too. You just need to make sure things at your home stays in control. Try to reduce corruption and terrorism at your home. Other things will work out fine.

Back
Top Bottom