What's new

Pakistan plans to buy Hongdu L-15 Supersonic Trainer Jet

"---and replace all existing K-8 trainers---"

This part destroys the creditably of the article. PAF is not going to phase out K-8 trainers anytime soon. But at the same time, L-15 are being considered as a great training platform for JF-17.

I seriously doubt PAF will retire K-8's as we have just ordered some 75 more. K-8 will remain the main Jet Conversion aircraft for PAF for years to come. However, a Squadron of L-15 will be ideal for advanced training on 4th and 4.5 generation Supersonic Fighter Aircrafts.

Yakovlev Yak-130 advanced jet trainer, What do think about Yak-130?

12-2012-1-yak-130_new.jpg

Yakovlev Yak-130 advanced jet trainer, What do think about Yak-130?

12-2012-1-yak-130_new.jpg

Yak-130 lack afterburner, no digital FBW and no LERX for high angle of attack. It's a much older design while L-15 is a perfect version of Yak-130 after Hongdu pay consultation fee to yakpolvev.

K8 is a work horse for at least 3 Air Forces namely China, Egypt & Pakistan, Hongdo L 15 is in different league as described by fellow members here. But there is option for PAF to change this trainer name to K15 after inducting..

I think the news is not clear. As Super Mushak is a basic trainer, K-8 is an intermediate trainer and JF-17 dual seat will be our AJT.

Hongdu L-15 is a twin engine and i think PAF doesn't buy Twin Engine Fighters but for future its a good news that shows PAF want go for twin engine in future:pakistan:

I think the news is not clear. As Super Mushak is a basic trainer, K-8 is an intermediate trainer and JF-17 dual seat will be our AJT.

thats not true. JF-17B would be a FCU. fighter Conversion Unit or a OCU. Operational Conversion Unit. the L-15 fits the AJT / CAS role well.

thats not true. JF-17B would be a FCU. fighter Conversion Unit or a OCU. Operational Conversion Unit. the L-15 fits the AJT / CAS role well.

I am sure that Block-II JF-17 will come with Dual seat as well. INSHA ALLAH

But why karakaroum isnt a gud trainer they could make it better by doing some upgradation! that will be cost effective so why waste money for these trainers!! :mod:

Back
Top Bottom