What's new

PAKISTAN: Pak censor gets tough on Indian films

They maybe censored, but Indian movies are not allowed to run, they say that it does not conform with moral fiabric of country, or the country's morals and that it is a corrupting influence!!!!! While western movies are allowed to be screened.

Indian movies should not run in Pakistani Cinema as Indian have banned Waar in India.

Pakistan Lahore Court Dismisses Petition to Completely Ban Indian Films

All India | Press Trust of India | Updated: September 03, 2015 20:43 IST

LAHORE: A Pakistani court today dismissed a petition seeking a permanent ban on release of Indian films in the country, days after the same court banned the screening of "Phantom" on a petition by Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief and Mumbai attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed.

Dismissing the petition filed by comedian Iftikhar Ahmad Thakur, Lahore High Court (LHC) Justice Ejazul Hasan asked the petitioner to take up the matter with the ministry of culture as it is the relevant forum.

He said the exhibition/promotion of Indian films in Pakistan is in conflict with several articles of the Pakistani Constitution. Therefore, the court should put a permanent ban on the release of Indian movies in Pakistan.

On August 20, the LHC had banned the release of Bollywood movie "Phantom" in the country on the petition of Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief and Mumbai attack mastermind Saeed that the film set on post-26/11 attacks is against him and his outfit.
Story First Published: September 03, 2015 20:43 IST

Pakistan Court Dismisses Petition to Ban Indian Films

You know its weird, that Indian movies are censored because they 'corrupt' moral fibre of Pakistan, but they allow the western movies which actually dont :lol:

And they talk of CBM's!
Western movies viewership is hardly 10 percent...Indian viewership is .......you know...Our certain segments of society take too much impact of Indian flashy style movies.

PAKISTAN: Pak censor gets tough on Indian films
Film Censor Board says Pakistani cinema should be revived

Times of India
Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Islamabad --- Pakistani Film Censor Board has said that it will not allow unchecked access to Indian movies but permit only those films made by Pakistani producers and directors with foreign technology.

"The films, which are made abroad with foreign actors and technicians, are not liable to be put under strict censor policies, however, no stuff would be allowed which does not come in conformity with our moral values," said Azfar Shafqat, chairman of the Central Film Censor Board of Pakistan.

Shafqat admitted that local film industry was going through the toughest crisis of its history but he believed it was because of the poor quality of the Pakistani movies and nothing else.

"The qualities of our films have declined to a huge extent, which is why they are rejected by the masses. Even, a few films, which are good in quality succeed in present circumstances, which shows that the industry is on decline for its own weaknesses and nothing else should be blamed for," he was quoted as saying by Dawn.

At present censor policy was too gentle and mild so that Pakistani movies could compete with popular foreign films, he said. The board chief said all the quarters and stakeholders of the film industry should unite to take the Pakistani cinema out of the existing crisis.

"All of us should take sincere efforts to revive our industry and cinema culture," he said. Shafqat said the number of Pakistani films had almost touched to naught, which could improve if their quality was improved with joint efforts.

Date Posted: 4/4/2007
http://www.asiamedia.ucla.edu/article-southasia.asp?parentid=67056

Great. Why not go the puritanical way, and shun all entertainment, drinks, song, poetry, etc etc.?

Western movies viewership is hardly 10 percent...Indian viewership is .......you know...Our certain segments of society take too much impact of Indian flashy style movies.

I see. So you want to "force" them to NOT view Indian films. I thought I heard "There is no compulsion in *****."

You know its weird, that Indian movies are censored because they 'corrupt' moral fibre of Pakistan, but they allow the western movies which actually dont :lol:

And they talk of CBM's!
Great. Why not go the puritanical way, and shun all entertainment, drinks, song, poetry, etc etc.?

I see. So you want to "force" them to NOT view Indian films. I thought I heard "There is no compulsion in *****."
No, I am great admirer of Indian art cinema...close to reality. Love to watch Shabana and Late Samita P movies...and lot others..

No, I am great admirer of Indian art cinema...close to reality. Love to watch Shabana and Late Samita P movies...and lot others..
Wait now you could have fooled me! Are you in favor of ban or not?

I am in favor of banning these half naked flashy dancing girls movies.. Which has no existence in our culture. Society take impact of such movies.

But who are you to decide what the public wants to watch? You don't see "forcibleness" here? Upto a certain age I can understand some controls but beyond 20+ it should be none of anybody's biz

But who are you to decide what the public wants to watch? You don't see "forcibleness" here? Upto a certain age I can understand some controls but beyond 20+ it should be none of anybody's biz

He's a part of the "public" you are bitchin about..

Well, laws are made to control the society and vicious mental state of human being.

And they talk of CBM's!

Yaar even Turkish soaps are censored here.. Cleavages are pixelated lol.

There is no quality issue, we are just not making films. Recently our films and their stories were excellent... Waar, khuda k liye, bol, na maloom afrad, they all had a quality.

They maybe censored, but Indian movies are not allowed to run, they say that it does not conform with moral fiabric of country, or the country's morals and that it is a corrupting influence!!!!! While western movies are allowed to be screened.

Waar was not allowed to and We Pakistan Love western movies and get a life for you indian.

You want us to see a girl half nude on glaciers and want us to belive that ... Fuk em.

lol... people use drugs, is it good for them?
But then again who are YOU to make that decision for them? Moral police?

Bollywood is selling delusion, and there is always a market for delusion, people want escape and find their dreams comming true in these movies, but such stuff would put entire society in a uncureable state of imagination.

It is like drug addiction and needs strictly controlled.
Movies are dreams/delusions. Get a life. Go live like a hermit in the himalayas.

There is no quality issue, we are just not making films. Recently our films and their stories were excellent... Waar, khuda k liye, bol, na maloom afrad, they all had a quality.

Waar was not allowed to and We Pakistan Love western movies and get a life for you indian.

You want us to see a girl half nude on glaciers and want us to belive that ... Fuk em.

OMG western movies without half nude and kissing !

But then again who are YOU to make that decision for them? Moral police?

Movies are dreams/delusions. Get a life. Go live like a hermit in the himalayas.

Don't worry friend, those pakistani's commenting here against bollywood are the first in the line for a ticket :rofl:

Funny part is that indian film collect more in pakistan than a pakistani movie in pakistan.Let the people watch indian movies, after all every pakistani marriage function,cultural events dance/songs are performed based on indian songs.The sole survival of pakistan theatre is based on indian films.If there is no indian films, these theatre will be closed long before to show any pakistani movies.

OMG western movies without half nude and kissing !

I am not against watching a half nude girl, even I like some sights :P

make logical showing half nude girl, it is not something for glaciers and snowfalls :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Once these film bans they will not collect a penny, I assure you and we will not die either, I love the pirated version of bollywood films even I have not watch one since long :P

Back
Top Bottom