What's new

Pakistan Paindabad!

That is a failed logic. We were never part of India as it didn't exist before 15th August 1947. Both states emerged out of British Empire.

your logic and many others on this always is so strange. you existed, just the name of the country did not. Your were part of India, you lands were too... just because there was separation later you cannot rewrite the context. The british referred to your current lands as India too. being patriotic and rewriting historical context are two different things.

anyways carry on...

your logic and many others on this always is so strange. you existed, just the name of the country did not. Your were part of India, you lands were too... just because there was separation later you cannot rewrite the context. The british referred to your current lands as India too. being patriotic and rewriting historical context are two different things.

anyways carry on...
It was and still referred as Subcontinent not india I wonder where did you get yr education.

It was and still referred as Subcontinent not india I wonder where did you get yr education.

I got it from the british that referred to the region as India and btw they also called it as 'INDIAN' subcontinent. not just subcontinent. Millions of your citizenry migrated from lands within modern india to pakistan

Man all this is funny....India was never really a country it was always pieces of kingdoms....whose borders were always shifting during different eras...

What the foreign writers wrote about India is more of its way of life...its culture rather than a united land mass!

However whatever the case I dont understand why all over PDF this becomes questionable esp if someone opens a thread to rejoice Pakistan :unsure:

Is there some form of secret jealousy or hatred?!

Not really,Because the tectonic plate by western sources has been expanded upto indus river in pakistan,Which is not true.The india land mass was hell even limited to central india.which means states adjacent to Pakistan like punjab,Kashmir,rajhistan,gujarat are also not part of So called present indian tectonic plate
Can you name any one source to support your claims? I take it you are one of those who believes that the Radcliffe line runs along the Indian tectonic plate.:lol:

Man all this is funny....India was never really a country it was always pieces of kingdoms....whose borders were always shifting during different eras...

What the foreign writers wrote about India is more of its way of life...its culture rather than a united land mass!

However whatever the case I dont understand why all over PDF this becomes questionable esp if someone opens a thread to rejoice Pakistan :unsure:

No one says India has always been a "country". A country is modern thing. There were no countries before modern times. But when we say that countries like India and China are very old, we mean their civilization, culture and traditions are very old.

You can go to any part of the world and consult any historian and they will all unanimously say that India is one of the oldest continuous civilizations on earth. India doesn't need a certificate from Pak to prove its came to antiquity. Pak was and still is a part of Indian civilization.

World's most well known encyclopedia (Encl. Britannica) mentions Pak's historic relation with India on its opening paragraph on Pak and does not even mention Pak's pre-1947 history. For that, it asks the reader to go to history of India.

The interpretation of history that you support is only taught in Pak and is not accepted anywhere else in the world.

They were #British Empire, before that they were the Mughal Empire and Princely states which were sovereign and paid Khiraj to the strongest rulers. Mind you that the very idea of 'Nation States' started in the 1700s. #Pakistani and #Indian nation states are a new phenomenon, though our cultural history goes back millenias.

Map of the subcontinent in 1600s, before the Pondicherry landings.

View attachment 22094

Best Regards.​

excellent map

No one says India has always been a "country". A country is modern thing. There were no countries before modern times. But when we say that countries like India and China are very old, we mean their civilization, culture and traditions are very old.
Thank God you didnt give me some new jargon I just said that or do Indians only understand it when they write it?:unsure:

You can go to any part of the world and consult any historian and they will all unanimously say that India is one of the oldest continuous civilizations on earth. India doesn't need a certificate from Pak to prove its came to antiquity. Pak was and still is a part of Indian civilization.
Is that what they tell you? Seriously? Maybe you need to get out of India and consult before issuing such stuff...There is no doubt the cultures are well known then again many also equate them to African cultures...And dont forget they use Hinduism as Indian cultures nothing else...Hinduism is equated to India and vice versa...

World's most well known encyclopedia (Encl. Britannica) mentions Pak's historic relation with India on its opening paragraph on Pak and does not even mention Pak's pre-1947 history. For that, it asks the reader to go to history of India.
Well I am not sure if it is world's most well known or India's most well known....Since I have not browsed through every page hence I cant argue that bit!
It is easier to call a land mass as something mind you the word used is Indian or Asian Subcontinent...many are careful for how they write it while only a few call it India....

Wait I just googled Pakistan on Britannica.com

PAKISTAN
The intelligence community of Pakistan is one of the most sophisticated in the world. The ISI (Inter-Service Intelligence), which is responsible to the General Staff of the Ministry of Defense, has undertaken major foreign intelligence and covert operations, such as the funding and training of Afghan partisans during their guerrilla war against the Soviet Union in the 1980s, the arming and training of the Taliban movement before the terrorist bombings against the United States in September 2001, and allegedly providing close support to separatists in the disputed territory of Kashmir. In addition to the ISI, separate tactical intelligence services are maintained by the three branches of the Pakistani military. The Intelligence Bureau carries out domestic surveillance against the general population....

No India anywhere...which book were you reading again? :coffee:

The interpretation of history that you support is only taught in Pak and is not accepted anywhere else in the world.
And what is it that I support? What is not accepted?

Oh yes how could I forget not until someone writes something from word to word an Indian cant understand it ...My apologies! Well, if you really read the encyclopedia you recommended it talks about India then Islam and how it made India what it is...then it also talks about the tectonic plates and it also talks about alot of things which if summed up can mean alot of what each member is telling you...

Thank God you didnt give me some new jargon I just said that or do Indians only understand it when they write it?:unsure:

Is that what they tell you? Seriously? Maybe you need to get out of India and consult before issuing such stuff...There is no doubt the cultures are well known then again many also equate them to African cultures...And dont forget they use Hinduism as Indian cultures nothing else...Hinduism is equated to India and vice versa...

What I wrote is taught in all universities of the world (except maybe Pak) and accepted by historians. You might wanna know that many books on Indian history are written by neutral sources and they say the same thing whether or not you like it.

Some renowned ones are -
The Outline of History by H G Wells
India: A History by John Keay
They all say India is among the oldest civilizations and treat areas that form Pak and BD as parts of India.
I am not even mentioning books written about specific periods of Indian history but they say the same thing. Really get out of Pak study curriculum and read books that are celebrated by the international academic community.

Well I am not sure if it is world's most well known or India's most well known....Since I have not browsed through every page hence I cant argue that bit!
It is easier to call a land mass as something mind you the word used is Indian or Asian Subcontinent...many are careful for how they write it while only a few call it India....
It's considered the most scholarly of all encyclopedias in the world, I assure you that. In historical context, you will see most historians using words India for Indian subcontinent.

Wait I just googled Pakistan on Britannica.com

PAKISTAN
The intelligence community of Pakistan is one of the most sophisticated in the world. The ISI (Inter-Service Intelligence), which is responsible to the General Staff of the Ministry of Defense, has undertaken major foreign intelligence and covert operations, such as the funding and training of Afghan partisans during their guerrilla war against the Soviet Union in the 1980s, the arming and training of the Taliban movement before the terrorist bombings against the United States in September 2001, and allegedly providing close support to separatists in the disputed territory of Kashmir. In addition to the ISI, separate tactical intelligence services are maintained by the three branches of the Pakistani military. The Intelligence Bureau carries out domestic surveillance against the general population....

No India anywhere...which book were you reading again? :coffee:

And what is it that I support? What is not accepted?

Oh yes how could I forget not until someone writes something from word to word an Indian cant understand it ...My apologies! Well, if you really read the encyclopedia you recommended it talks about India then Islam and how it made India what it is...then it also talks about the tectonic plates and it also talks about alot of things which if summed up can mean alot of what each member is telling you...
Really you didn't even read the introductory part on Pak and its history on EB?
Read it again -
Pakistan, populous and multiethnic country of South Asia. Pakistan has historically and culturally been associated with India.

On history -
This section presents the history of Pakistan from the partition of British India (1947) to the present. For a discussion of the earlier history of the region, see India.

On EB, Pak's history begins with the background to Partition.
Pakistan -- Encyclopedia Britannica

In ancient time country was identified by their common culture instead of the empire ruling that land, all land east of the Indus river was known as India/Bharat/Hindustan based on the idea of a common culture.

Who referred it as subcontinent. What is the word for subcontinent in Persian and Arabic languages. :wacko:

In ancient time country was identified by their common culture instead of the empire ruling that land, all land east of the Indus river was known as India/Bharat/Hindustan based on the idea of a common culture.
Really? No one came up with middle east until recently....Heck, most of the states which were called Russia should have been called Turkey then! :blink: Most of Asia would have been called either Turkey or Iran then but it wasnt!
Who referred it as subcontinent. What is the word for subcontinent in Persian and Arabic languages. :wacko:
Most likely British...The Persians and Arabs called it Industan just coz it was beside the Indus river (also called Hind and hence Hindustan) or prob even Indi for Indus dweller! No India....

What I wrote is taught in all universities of the world (except maybe Pak) and accepted by historians. You might wanna know that many books on Indian history are written by neutral sources and they say the same thing whether or not you like it.

Some renowned ones are -
The Outline of History by H G Wells
India: A History by John Keay
They all say India is among the oldest civilizations and treat areas that form Pak and BD as parts of India.
I am not even mentioning books written about specific periods of Indian history but they say the same thing. Really get out of Pak study curriculum and read books that are celebrated by the international academic community.
They say Indus valley civilization as oldest not India...You mean to say famous Historians cant even both to be specific? Really? Esp when they will bash you if you arent...I am damn sure you are referring to Indians again....BTW, I never studied in Pakistan so your jargon doesnt apply to me! :angel: However you studied in India and hence what I say may apply to you too...Only happens in India!

It's considered the most scholarly of all encyclopedias in the world, I assure you that. In historical context, you will see most historians using words India for Indian subcontinent.
Now that is new to me! An encyclopedia being given soo much attention as a scholarly book! Usually it is dismissed as a reference book.... Most historians use words such as Indus Civilization I am not sure how Indians see it as Indi a:unsure: Again It happens only in India!

Really you didn't even read the introductory part on Pak and its history on EB?
Read it again -
Pakistan, populous and multiethnic country of South Asia. Pakistan has historically and culturally been associated with India.
Oh thats interesting you missed the next line let me help you

Pakistan, populous and multiethnic country of South Asia. Pakistan has historically and culturally been associated withIndia. Since the two countries achieved independence in 1947,

On history -
This section presents the history of Pakistan from the partition of British India (1947) to the present. For a discussion of the earlier history of the region, see India.
At least the author is honest enough to say that that section presents the history from partition of British India...Never did it say that Pakistan wasnt there before the author just chose to start writing from there...any probs?! :pop:
On EB, Pak's history begins with the background to Partition.
Pakistan -- Encyclopedia Britannica
I dont see the sentence Pak's history begins with...

Last edited:
They say Indus valley civilization as oldest not India...You mean to say famous Historians cant even both to be specific? Really? Esp when they will bash you if you arent...I am damn sure you are referring to Indians again....BTW, I never studied in Pakistan so your jargon doesnt apply to me! :angel: However you studied in India and hence what I say may apply to you too...Only happens in India!
I said among the oldest civilizations. And because you didn't provide any counter argument sourced to a reputed and neutral work of history, I hope you accepted the point I was making.

Really? No one came up with middle east until recently....Heck, most of the states which were called Russia should have been called Turkey then! :blink: Most of Asia would have been called either Turkey or Iran then but it wasnt!

Asia was Asia, India was India. There was no Turkey before the fall of Constantinople.

Most likely British...The Persians and Arabs called it Industan just coz it was beside the Indus river (also called Hind and hence Hindustan) or prob even Indi for Indus dweller! No India....

Unbelievable. :omghaha::omghaha:

Indus Valley civilization was concentrated on small regions of India and Pakistan. During Vedic culture, the earliest idea of India which was called as Aryavarta or Bharat and most of the Pakistan was the part of that, after becoming Muslims same Bharat became Hind/Hindustan for the people of the region. :rolleyes1:

Back
Top Bottom