What's new

Pakistan overturns sentence of doctor who helped find bin Laden

Your theory looks like a face-saving conspiracy which you want to peddle , but to what end?

Not a conspiracy Indian, you don't even know the definition of conspiracy so don't use that word if you can't use it properly. There was already news of prisoner transfer agreement between Pakistan and US, just days before this news. It could very well be a prisoner transfer. If Dr.Shakil Afridi is released then it wasn't for free.

Not a conspiracy Indian, you don't even know the definition of conspiracy so don't use that word if you can't use it properly. There was already news of prisoner transfer agreement between Pakistan and US, just days before this news. It could very well be a prisoner transfer. If Dr.Shakil Afridi is released then it wasn't for free.

Ah, so just because there is a news in a different context, you believe it.. Not looking at the recent episode of Davis, denial is it?

Wish everyone was as patriotic and against OBL like you in pakistan.

dear, bhem jee!
there is no shortege of patriots & OBL haters but, the problem is our politicians are using all the taritotrs against us?
thanks

You do have a point, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Osama deserved to be killed and this man deserves to be free.

Sure he did. But due to procedural flaws S.A. also deserves punishment, which if I'm not mistaken, he was/is/will face.

We can go back and forth till the holy cows come home but at the end of the day, a verdict is a verdict and it was based on several facts I already outlined in my post(s) here

This is a bribed judge who overturns his sentence. Federal Government needs to intervene here, go for either execution or prisoner transfer.

I thought the conviction has been overturned because the sentencing was unlawful to begin with..

its skinning a cat :) .. not a chicken...

I agree with Asim's point that either the Constitution be scrapped (hope not) or he should be tried in a federal court - such as the ATC or a military court - neither of which would be very forgiving either. Governments call not mine nor yours.

Any other country would've handed an as harsh or even harsher punishment. Try hard to be neutral here. Keep in mind that the US has imprisoned Mossad assets for 'undesirable activities' - case in point: Jonathan Pollard, life imrisonment, ineligable for parole

dear, bhem jee!
there is no shortege of patriots & OBL haters but, the problem is our politicians are using all the taritotrs against us?
thanks

Do you think they are speaking out of logic? answering them on our internal matter is just a waste of time and energy.

The best and least damaging solution to this problem will be to trade docter Shakil Afridi for Afia Siddiqui. This is by far the best solution to the impass. Our country has always bowed down to pressure. We are and never have been assertive to guard our interests.

Nawaz Sharif finds that the best option to save face with the Americans is to free doctor shakeel afridi. I say let him go. When we can protect our own citizens we can talk about "National honor" all we want. Right now all throughout Pakistan RAW is infiltrating intelligence agencies and the agencies are running after innocent people. Proof? Not one Taliban commander has been captured or hunted down by us Pakistanis.

We need to take severe action against the terrorists, salvage our reputation then talk of honor all we want.
shakeel afridi vs afia sidiqi?
that beygharat women who, went with khalid sheikh without even getting a proper divorce from her husband?
that adulter?
who went with kids , in her emotions out of pakistan, without any pakistani documents to a war zone, afghanistan in a setup made by CIA,headed by some one like shakeel afridi?
why she was doing that in the love of islam, or top of SK?
i mean, JI did good prapoganda, cause they were using her, getting moneymfor safe heavens like in clifton, from where sheikh khalid got caught?
no man you could be a heavy duty writter, but in the world of intell you are just no one, my friend!
whats pakistans national intersts in it?
i guss more better peoples in US prisons?
how about hussain haqani? tht couldbe better choice?
but then again what kind of justice system its really is?

Pakistan should follow the example of US.

Charge him for endangering national security and fry him using secret evidence.

Get it over with.

He should be awarded by the civilian government for facilitating the key pakistani strategic ally in ensuring the elimination of biggest target in war on terror which pakistan has chosen willingly to be a part of.

As far as espionage is concerned, there shouldn't be any case for espionage, as US is a key ally and has tacit authority to use it's Intel operatives in pakistan.

Hence Dr. Afridi's actions are a part of the mandate given to US by pakistan.

If Mr. davis can be set free for a small reimbursement, I dont see why pakistan cannot make some special arrangement for the Dr who rightly is being hailed as a hero.

that beygharat women who, went with khalid sheikh without even gettingma y divorcen from her husband?
that adulter?

Hussain Haqqani can be picked up and transported back to Pakistan, I think he should be welcomed back to Pakistan permanently.

that beygharat women who, went with khalid sheikh without even gettingma y divorcen from her husband?
that adulter?

With Aafia it's a tough call because she was, after all, an American citizen.

Haqqani however - well... Lets just say there's a reason why he's hiding in America and doesn't have the balls to return to Pakistan. Unlike Shakil Afridi - Haqqani will probably be in a position to get that green card :lol:

that beygharat women who, went with khalid sheikh without even getting a proper divorce from her husband?
that adulter?
who went with kids , in her emotions out of pakistan, without any pakistani documents to a war zone, afghanistan in a setup made by CIA,headed by some like shakeel afridi?
i mean, JI did good prapoganda, cause they were using her, getting moneymfor safe heavens like in clifton, from where sheikh khalid got caught?
no man you could be a heavy duty writter, but in the world of intell you are just no one, my friend!

You do have a point, what Pakistan can do is arrests American tourists and use that as a bargain for that ***** Dr. Siddiqui whose a burden Pakistan should still try to take back. As for Dr. Afridi Shakil I doubt he will be set free, ISI will hunt him down.

I agree with Asim's point that either the Constitution be scrapped (hope not) or he should be tried in a federal court - such as the ATC or a military court - neither of which would be very forgiving either. Governments call not mine nor yours.

Any other country would've handed an as harsh or even harsher punishment. Try hard to be neutral here. Keep in mind that the US has imprisoned Mossad assets for 'undesirable activities' - case in point: Jonathan Pollard, life imrisonment, ineligable for parole

Huge difference between US -Israel and US -pak relations. Israel doesn't allow US trrops to set foot in their territory. Now why would military courts be harsh on Dr. Afridi, He probably did what pakistani military failed to do in 10 years. He should be set free!

Do you think they are speaking out of logic? answering them on our internal matter is just a waste of time and energy.

its not internal matter of pakistan , my friend!
everyone has his thinking! moderte enlightenment is what i follow?
let them talk, ay bring some thing positive?
cause this thing has some roots in india too?

You do have a point, what Pakistan can do is arrests American tourists and use that as a bargain for that ***** Dr. Siddiqui whose a burden Pakistan should still try to take back. As for Dr. Afridi Shakil I doubt he will be set free, ISI will hunt him down.

Pakistan is still a not a banana republic to start arresting tourists for bargaining...

Back
Top Bottom