What's new

Pakistan ordered arms worth $4.5bn from US

what about the 155 mm self propelled guns??

have we received them??

regards!

I had read somewhere that we have received 67 such self-propelled howitzers fro USA and I am of view that those guns are delivered already.

Hope that U.S conclude firmly all of these contracts without any impeding by congress....but i'm always a bit skeptical when we talk about U.S. they aren't reliable and the history proved it.

We must find a diffrent source to fulfill our needs, it would be better for us to diversify our suppliers; China, europe, Russia etc.

The best way for us would be self dependent in all key sectors from defence to our internal and freign policies. :pakistan:

These will aid PN to detect, and identify, submarines as they move about stealthily in shallow or deep waters. Sonobuoys perform this task either in the 'passive' or 'active' mode. Other specialized ones measure temperature changes in the sea as a submarine passes by. This type is particularly useful in tracking nuclear powered submarines.

:D

sir Fatman and Imran can you people also kindly confirm the news about the 155mm self propelled gun deleivered to us!
it is there on wikipedia, one poster have also reported this news but i would like to have your views!!

regards!

Ah! I forgot about the Howitzer deal we had with them. My apologies.

Me personally, I am a huge fan of the 155mm 52 cal towed Howitzer PANZERS we got from Turkey.

Ah! I forgot about the Howitzer deal we had with them. My apologies.

Me personally, I am a huge fan of the 155mm 52 cal towed Howitzer PANZERS we got from Turkey.

was there any sort of TOT involved in Turkish contract for 155 MM guns? And thanks for detailed post about Pakistan and US military contract.

■200 AIM-9M-8/9s Sidewinders
■500 AIM-120C5s AMRAAM BVR missiles
■800 general purpose 2,000 and 500-pound bombs
■500 JDAM bomb guidance systems
■Link 16
■JHMCS
■Lockheed Martine Advanced Sniper Targetting Pods (for night-time precision attacks)
■CFTs

hope that helps.

JHMCS? What's the point in buying JHMCS, if you don't operate AIM-9X?

They will be purchased later on..As soon as new 5th Generation WVR appears on market and in South Asia..America will sell it.Besides, who knows we might just smuggle 100 or so during war from friendly allies (Turkey and UAE-Turkey sold us spares when US placed sanctions.)

was there any sort of TOT involved in Turkish contract for 155 MM guns? And thanks for detailed post about Pakistan and US military contract.

I can find out for you. A friend of mine working for Makina ve Kimya Endüstrisi Kurumu helped organize the deal.

As far as I know, there was no ToT. But i will find out.

We WERE to have a deal on tank armour, but it is our fault that the deal did not materialize.

They will be purchased later on..As soon as new 5th Generation WVR appears on market and in South Asia..America will sell it.Besides, who knows we might just smuggle 100 or so during war from friendly allies (Turkey and UAE-Turkey sold us spares when US placed sanctions.)

turkey is a friend & i agree they are also helpful no doubt but
@ the mean time its also an nato ally of u.s plus it has stockpile of u.s weapons in its army so any sanction by the u.s congress will have its affect on the turkish amy & govt but france & germany are a bit different in this manner coz they dont depend on u.s weapons as much as turkey does besides they also have an individual say in their respective foreign policy , but one thing take out UAE trust me dont count on them when it comes to such sensitive matter as you have mentioned above.
thanks

Last edited:
I can find out for you. A friend of mine working for Makina ve Kimya Endüstrisi Kurumu helped organize the deal.

As far as I know, there was no ToT. But i will find out.

We WERE to have a deal on tank armour, but it is our fault that the deal did not materialize.

That will be real nice of you.

What are we going to do with the engines?

Back
Top Bottom