What's new

Pakistan ordered arms worth $4.5bn from US

Ah! I forgot about the Howitzer deal we had with them. My apologies.

Me personally, I am a huge fan of the 155mm 52 cal towed Howitzer PANZERS we got from Turkey.

yeap you did sir,
actually i was a bit surprised and that is why i mentioned it in my post so that to hear your comments, good to see you got it back and i hope we can have something of inside information on there procurement!
well this is one system that i really had bee looking forward to receive from US as all other things never temd to facinate me because they all bear the US sanctions tag, the howitzer is one thing that we can tolerate even with a thrat of being sanctioned, i mean they really are worth it!!

regards!

Last edited:
What are we going to do with the engines?

convert them to CNG for governer punjab rikshaw scheam!! :lol: :lol:

sorry bro, just kidding!!:toast_sign:

actuall they we are looking to get them for upgradationa of existing fleet as far as i know!

regards!

The existing engines do wear out..they have a limited time span so new engines will be installed.

Me personally, I am a huge fan of the 155mm 52 cal towed Howitzer PANZERS we got from Turkey.

If you have time, can you tell me what advantages these howitzers have over similar systems from China and how do they compare cost-wise? I'd appreciate a little info on them and info on the tank armour deal.

But Turkish company is doing that, right? than why need the engines?
but turkey wont be putting there engines, they will come from US!
infact it was LM that awarded the contract for upgradation of Pakistani F16z to the turkish firm (this upgradation is other then MLU to be done by US). moreover after first four planes rest of the fleet is to be upgraded here at PAC Kamra!

regards!

If you have time, can you tell me what advantages these howitzers have over similar systems from China and how do they compare cost-wise? I'd appreciate a little info on them and info on the tank armour deal.

im on mobile now, but when i get to my desktop i will try to go into details.

but turkey wont be putting there engines, they will come from US!
infact it was LM that awarded the contract for upgradation of Pakistani F16z to the turkish firm (this upgradation is other then MLU to be done by US). moreover after first four planes rest of the fleet is to be upgraded here at PAC Kamra!

regards!

Turkey gets the parts and comprehensive kits and assemble/repair/refurbish/ facility from Lockheed Martin, under license.

The only thing the U.S. did was to pay for some of the upgradation, as form of military assistance. When permission from govt. is granted to LM for the work, there is no govt-govt. interaction.

Pakistan does not have the expertise, facility or integration permission on their own (by the US/LM) to modernize the F-16s to new block standard. That is why the work has been tendered to TAI after price competition. TAI did similar arrangement with Air Force of Jordan.

Turkey gets the parts and comprehensive kits and assemble/repair/refurbish/ facility from Lockheed Martin, under license.

The only thing the U.S. did was to pay for some of the upgradation, as form of military assistance. When permission from govt. is granted to LM for the work, there is no govt-govt. interaction.

Pakistan does not have the expertise, facility or integration permission on their own (by the US/LM) to modernize the F-16s to new block standard. That is why the work has been tendered to TAI after price competition. TAI did similar arrangement with Air Force of Jordan.

nicely explained sir but there was a rumor saying that most of F16s will be upgraded here in PAC! what about that? are we upgrading our facility itself with TAI assistance?

regards!

:pakistan:thanks for the post friend.i hope we will win this war

Guys, the whole set up is a little confusing,
At least four F-16s were returned to the States for upgrading,
After work was completed on them at least two were returned under the designation, Zesty 1 & 2.
Then news came in that the PAF fleet will be worked on by a Turkish company where as reports in media were circulating that a facility to carry out up gradation is being set up inside Pakistan.

Guys, the whole set up is a little confusing,
At least four F-16s were returned to the States for upgrading,
After work was completed on them at least two were returned under the designation, Zesty 1 & 2.
Then news came in that the PAF fleet will be worked on by a Turkish company where as reports in media were circulating that a facility to carry out up gradation is being set up inside Pakistan.

so are yo saying that atleast two of our F16z have got the MLU upgrades now??

regards!

so are yo saying that atleast two of our F16z have got the MLU upgrades now??

regards!

That's correct, as i said first two returned under Zesty 1 & 2 designation,
If you recall the second pair was stranded at some airfield for several weeks before eventually continuing their journey to the facility in US.

Back
Top Bottom