What's new

Pakistan On The Verge Of Inflationary Collapse - Pleads For Larger IMF Bailout

I thought govt ke pas tou zehar khanay ke paise nahi

IMG_20220530_141557.png

If I were in some deciding position in pakistani government, I would have taxed everything heavily, especially petrol.
Its so subsidised there , almost as if like Pakistan is one of the Gulf nations producing crude oil .
Even if it meant subsequent and certain political loss .
Thats the only way out , simple hai facilities chaiye agar hostel me to aur rent dena padega

Incorrect. USA never asked for any bases in Pakistan, and IK's famous "absolutely not" commented was blurted out in response to a hypothetical question by a journalist during an interview. Much ado about nothing for domestic political mileage, nothing more.
Again Indian Patwari narrative. This is what US CNN reported on American bases last year
@Wood

If I were in some deciding position in pakistani government, I would have taxed everything heavily, especially petrol.
Its so subsidised there , almost as if like Pakistan is one of the Gulf nations producing crude oil .
Even if it meant subsequent and certain political loss .
Thats the only way out , simple hai facilities chaiye agar hostel me to aur rent dena padega
Pakistan's economy would collapse with or without subsidy. It's a catch 21 situation right now

Again Indian Patwari narrative. This is what US CNN reported on American bases last year
@Wood
Why am I held responsible for that comment? :laugh:

@Wood

Pakistan's economy would collapse with or without subsidy. It's a catch 21 situation right now
:close_tema::close_tema::close_tema::nono::nono:

Praying to God whomever he may be - do not default- get the Economy back on track.

I have a friend who has to sell his home In Pakistan but he is worried if economic decline continues his money from home after convertion will be half original amount for $ to Rupee value.

They will never get 36 billion dollars the finance minister is an idiot. They need more so that 10% can go the Sharifs, 10% to the Zardaris and the rest for their patwari allies.

The economy is collapsing because there is zero leadership, vision, or policy from the government. Maryam is running jalsas for her 10 remaining followers talking about elections, Bajwa is running the army's reputation into the ground, Ishaq Dar is whispering in the cabinets ears about how to run the economy, Ahsan Iqbal is openly calling the finance minister incompetent, Bilawal is in the US kissing Bidens feet, and Shahbaz is planning his 4th family trip abroad since coming to power.

Anyone blaming PTI when they had relative stability under their watch and were on track to meet debt payments with their IMF deal is a fool. The sincerity of this government was shown when they a) refused to remove the fuel subsidies they spent so much crying about b) immediately took the entire cabinet to London to kiss godfathers ring c) launched a brutal crackdown on PTI's protest and potentially millions of dollars worth of economic damage through their mobilisation of thousands of officers across Pakistan, permanent road spikes, and media bans.

You liked @VCheng comment where he refuted Americans didn't want bases in Pakistan based on Patwari propaganda

USA never asked for bases during PMIK's tenure. That is a FACT, not mere propaganda. PMIK's "absolutely not" is more propaganda without any factual basis, however.

To the apes that say that there is nothing wrong with going to the IMF. It is but a financial mafia institution, weaponized to be used as an instrument of forcing nations that do not tow the line of the West, to bully them into submission.

This is why Pakistan has to CUT OFF its economy from the IMF/WB and move head-on toward establishing fundamentally allied relations with Russia and China. Western sanctions against Iran, Venezuela, Zimbabwe, Belarus, China and Russia have proven that the West is a Cartel and its gun-slinging thug is NATO, while its financial mafia are the IMF/WB.

Those who advocate Pakistan aligning with the West, are the ones who do not have Pakistan's interests at heart. On the contrary, they are the instruments of betrayal to Pakistan's sovereignty.

So a country that struggles to pay back $6 bilion is asking for $36 billion?

Rule #1 in economics. When in a hole, stop digging.

They will never get 36 billion dollars the finance minister is an idiot. They need more so that 10% can go the Sharifs, 10% to the Zardaris and the rest for their patwari allies.

The economy is collapsing because there is zero leadership, vision, or policy from the government. Maryam is running jalsas for her 10 remaining followers talking about elections, Bajwa is running the army's reputation into the ground, Ishaq Dar is whispering in the cabinets ears about how to run the economy, Ahsan Iqbal is openly calling the finance minister incompetent, Bilawal is in the US kissing Bidens feet, and Shahbaz is planning his 4th family trip abroad since coming to power.

Anyone blaming PTI when they had relative stability under their watch and were on track to meet debt payments with their IMF deal is a fool. The sincerity of this government was shown when they a) refused to remove the fuel subsidies they spent so much crying about b) immediately took the entire cabinet to London to kiss godfathers ring c) launched a brutal crackdown on PTI's protest and potentially millions of dollars worth of economic damage through their mobilisation of thousands of officers across Pakistan, permanent road spikes, and media bans.
If the IMF loan is approved, most of the other loans will be deferred by creditors. For obvious reasons, creditors will not want Pakistan to default.

Back
Top Bottom