What's new

Pakistan On The Verge Of Inflationary Collapse - Pleads For Larger IMF Bailout

That subsidy came from the budget and would have lasted until new budget in June 2022
If the subsidy is a tax reduction only, then your argument that it 'came from budget' could make sense. But it seems like there is subsidy on the base oil price as well. It is this component that has been rolled back by Shahbaz. Increasing fiscal deficit in violation of the terms promised to IMF is not 'came from budget' :close_tema:

Last edited:
A common theme; consolidation for 3 years and then going bonkers producing just enough economic activity to get reelected regardless of the imminent collapse of the engineered growth bubble.

If the subsidy is a tax reduction only, then your argument that it 'came from budget' could make sense. But it seems like there is subsidy on the base oil price as well. It is this component has been rolled back by Shahbaz. Increasing fiscal deficit in violation of the terms promised to IMF is not 'came from budget' :close_tema:
A 4.3 TRILLION DEFICIT budget at that! #CameFromTheBudget

The country needs a charter of economy more than any self-proclaimed messiah. Each government since the Musharraf years has broken the bank as the elections neared (in the case of PTI's govt formed by a handful of seats cobbled together by the establishment assets, as the departure signaling writing on the wall was clear). This fiscal indiscipline coupled with overheating of the economy by pumping unsustainable growth (leads to uncontrolled imports growth) towards the end of each gov's tenure leaves behind a perfect storm for a new govt that has to plead with IMF to bail the country out.

The IMF's terms have become stringent with each next knock on its doors as we are habitual loan seekers who do not put our house in order and look for electoral victories based on artificial growth rather than making the country self-reliant. This could only happen once a broad-based national consensus on do's and don'ts in economic management is developed among the political stakeholders. I am not even factoring in the biggest destabilizing force in Pakistani politics i.e. the establishment, in this equation.
We need an AQ Khan of economics to solve this persistent economic gloom. Out off 200 Million we should able to find one genius who can crack this nut rather than choosing to be beggars?

Each government since the Musharraf years has broken the bank as the elections neared (in the case of PTI's govt formed by a handful of seats cobbled together by the establishment assets, as the departure signaling writing on the wall was clear).
Musharraf tenure was the boom time before 2008 financial crisis. Pakistan's cooperation with US during WoT brought considerable financial assistance to Pakistan from the west. Because of this arrangement, anti - Americanism in Pakistan found a political face in Imran. This led to PTI's rule in 2018. History cannot be seen in isolation :pop:

Bro, we must also thank your leader IK for the subsidies that broke the bank in his last months in power. He left political mines for his opponents after reading the writing on the wall. How so very patriotic. A spoilt brat who would rather have his belongings burn than be shared with someone else. People be d*cked, two figs the great langarkhana launching nationalist messiah gives about them.
no one is willing to talk about PTIs mess ups...

The country needs a charter of economy more than any self-proclaimed messiah. Each government since the Musharraf years has broken the bank as the elections neared (in the case of PTI's govt formed by a handful of seats cobbled together by the establishment assets, as the departure signaling writing on the wall was clear). This fiscal indiscipline coupled with overheating of the economy by pumping unsustainable growth (leads to uncontrolled imports growth) towards the end of each gov's tenure leaves behind a perfect storm for a new govt that has to plead with IMF to bail the country out.

The IMF's terms have become stringent with each next knock on its doors as we are habitual loan seekers who do not put our house in order and look for electoral victories based on artificial growth rather than making the country self-reliant. This could only happen once a broad-based national consensus on do's and don'ts in economic management is developed among the political stakeholders. I am not even factoring in the biggest destabilizing force in Pakistani politics i.e. the establishment, in this equation.
thats why we need some sorta civllian dictorship or else these idiots to get election wins will ruin the country

A common theme; consolidation for 3 years and then going bonkers producing just enough economic activity to get reelected regardless of the imminent collapse of the engineered growth bubble.
Three main reason for Pakistan's collapse:
  • Engineered democracy
  • Engineered economy
  • Engineered justice

Because of this arrangement, anti - Americanism in Pakistan found a political face in Imran. This led to PTI's rule in 2018. History cannot be seen in isolation :pop:
Indian Patwari must know Imran Khan is neither anti India nor anti US

We need an AQ Khan of economics to solve this persistent economic gloom. Out off 200 Million we should able to find one genius who can crack this nut rather than choosing to be beggars?
Ex PM Imran selected world renowned macro economist Dr Atif Mian in his economic advisory team back in 2018. It was bigoted people like you that led to his ouster along with two other experts from London school of economics and Harvard University

@Wood @Pak Nationalist

You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I see anti-Americanism as the only unique currency for PTI. Every other policy or principle that PTI can claim (like welfare, Islam, exports, anti-India, anti-corruption etc.,) can easily be hijacked by any and every party on the street.

Three main reason for Pakistan's collapse:
  • Engineered democracy
  • Engineered economy
  • Engineered justice

Ex PM Imran selected world renowned macro economist Dr Atif Mian in his economic advisory team back in 2018. It was bigoted people like you that led to his ouster along with two other experts from London school of economics and Harvard University

@Wood @Pak Nationalist
You should be honest and replace "engineered" with "fake".

With production of 4mill tons of wheat and oil localy you would not have any debt, i would concentrate majority of economic efforts and projects around those two figures for decade at least.
Nobody is trusting the imported government, that is the reason they are struggling to get aid and bailouts,

Establishment just signed its own death warrant in bringing crooks back to power hence economy is taking a free fall in negative territory.
The economy had started doing that during the last few Khan months. The crisis precipitated when political instability also became a reality. Last straw that broke the camel's back if you will. Dar burnt dollar reserves to keep imports cheap to enable quick resolution of the power crisis that relied on the import of generation/construction machinery (his cardinal sin). PTI relied on a free float as the only mean to combat import growth (managing the CAD) which became its cardinal sin.

The lesson for managers of the economy and the public is that economy is a complex beast. One can't rely on singular levers to tame it. A multipronged strategy is required to navigate the ship of an economy as fragile and lacking in depth as Pakistan's.

As net importers, we would always land in this trouble if import growth is not perpetually kept under control. Things would get worse, not better from here on. We have begun seeing signs of what climate change looks like (Mango production halved due to peak heat during the bloom season) and the mighty Indus drying up in downstream Pakistan. The production of staple crops would decline with growing variability in climate patterns leaving Pakistani food security at the mercy of the global geopolitical climate and supply chains. Energy insecurity will continue to intensify while renewable is frowned upon/actively sabotaged (17% GST on import of solar panels; was it to encourage domestic production/relocation of the industry?).

So, managing the Pakistani economy will become a challenge no government has seen in our history in the near future. We might have already missed the train courtesy of establishment shenanigans since 2007 where political/security stability could have resulted in a focus on relatively simpler fixes (by then) and more receptive global audiences. Might be too late for us now. The prospects of Pakistan becoming another global basket case have never been as real as these are today!

Loads of blame to go around.

Last edited:
You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I see anti-Americanism is the only unique currency for PTI. Every other policy or principle that PTI can claim (like welfare, Islam, exports, anti-India, anti-corruption etc.,) can easily be hijacked by any and every party on the street.
Imran Khan is anti US
989F0EBF-F0DE-41E8-AF15-2F636D083D21.jpeg

Imran Khan is anti India
1DEC1922-6FEF-4952-94AA-F3B4EA992ABA.jpeg

I am entitled to my own BS opinions on Imran Khan: Indian Patwari

want to clear debt imf no more problems easy hang all establishment.
those that take bribes meaning lower end civilians be sent to labour factories for minium 6 months starting.

Wrong prescription. A whole of nation response might have a shot. I say might because we may already be too late and the forces of history might not be on our side anymore, for the foreseeable future at least.

Imran Khan is anti US
View attachment 849411
Imran Khan is anti India View attachment 849414
I am entitled to my own BS opinions on Imran Khan: Indian Patwari
How was Imran's relationship with Biden? Imran's political campaign was teeming with Anti American rhetoric. This was reported in US media.

During Trump's tenure, US needed Pakistan's support for a graceful exit from Afghanistan. It was largely under this self interest that Imran Khan was entertained by Trump. After the botched Afghan exit, well - I will say no more. :pop:

Last edited:
want to clear debt imf no more problems easy hang all establishment.
those that take bribes meaning lower end civilians be sent to labour factories for minium 6 months starting.
learn from red master he is called china.

Musharraf tenure was the boom time before 2008 financial crisis. Pakistan's cooperation with US during WoT brought considerable financial assistance to Pakistan from the west. Because of this arrangement, anti - Americanism in Pakistan found a political face in Imran. This led to PTI's rule in 2018. History cannot be seen in isolation :pop:
Not only Musharraf but every military ruler's reign in Pakistan has been underlined by Western financial support. Imperial powers fancy one window operations just like foreign investors looking to make a quick buck in a frontier market.

Back
Top Bottom